Back from my first RCCL Cruise

1Grumpy9

DIS Veteran
I got back about a week ago from my first RCCL from Cape Liberty NJ to Bermuda.

We were all worried with Irma on if we were going to Bermuda or if we would be detoured to Nova Scotia, but Irma decided to go a little more west and we headed to Bermuda.

My friend and I had a balcony stateroom on the 13th floor around midship and I think I have spoiled myself by getting a balcony for my first cruise. We spent a lot of time out on our balcony just relaxing and listening to the ocean. Now it was only a 5 day cruise, so there weren't many days out at sea. We had beautiful weather going down to Bermuda and coming home.

Our first day in Bermuda we did some shopping and walking around Kings Wharf. The second day we got up early and went over to Horseshoe Bay for a little beach time before leaving the island to head home. The waves were a little unpredictable, but we still had a great time. We took the $7 shuttles to and from Horseshoe Bay and the first day we took the water taxi over to Hamilton.

I definitely will be going on another cruise, just not sure when...It might be 2019 (since I have other vacations planned before then).

Was it on the Anthem?

How was the ship? The entertainment? The food?

Thanks in advance.

Yes it was on the Anthem. We didn't get to see the shows as I wanted to just experience the ship on this cruise. Others in my group went to see the shows and really enjoyed it.

I did get to see the two comedians for the Adult Only shows and the Love and Marriage show and both were hilarious.

We did Dynamic Dining and we were in the same dining room every night with the same waiter and assistant waiter. The food was awesome and the service was awesome. There was some different foods every night, but there were some staples on the menu. We also did the Windjammer for breakfast and some lunches (the buffet) and they were great also. We also visited the Two 70 lounge for sandwiches one day and I got a cuban panini and potato salad. The food there was awesome and I wish I would have had more time to each lunch there.

A couple in our group did the Northstar and loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!