BACK AGAIN?? 10 NIGHTS SAPPHIRE FALLS.....MAY 18 TRIP REPORT

Hi Carole, I am only on page 7 so far but just wanted to let you know I am reading along and enjoying it like I normally do. I just wanted to ask if you missed the Express Passes while staying at SF this time? Gary and I are in the midst of planning a trip next summer, debating on giving SF or Aventura a try but wondering if we will miss having the Express Passes. Since I know you normally stay at RPR, I thought I would ask whether you found that you missed them or not?

OK, so now I am on page 9 and I see that you DID have EP. So now I'm confused, presumably that was a little special for you and Tom, because you are such good customers :) I think we will still give it a try since we are planning to stay 10 days so won't be too worried about doing rides constantly.

Hey mac, yes I'm aware that you can buy the EP. That wouldn't work for us, since when we are on site we often just pop into the parks for an hour or two, it would be a complete waste of money, unless there was some kind of 'add on' we could put on our tickets to allow us EP each day we needed it (and, yes, I am aware that there is an AP type that offers after 4pm EP)

Since Carole and Tom often tour the parks in the way that we do, popping in and out of the parks when they feel like it, I wondered how they had coped without the EP, but then saw they did have it. No biggie, was just looking for her take on touring in that way without EP, then read on through the trippie and saw they did have it so added to my first reply :)

Lol........yep, I think that about covers it!

You should do fine without EP if you don’t mind queuing........you have a long visit there, so should be good!

To be honest, we wouldn’t be without EP......but we detest standing in line for anything.........I do sometimes deserve the name Princess more than I’ll admit........:laughing:

We did notice these last few days we’ve been here regular lines are awful........Minions was a 75 minute wait when we went into Studios this morning.

But, happy planning for your trip........:wave2:

Thanks once again for sharing your life with us. I always enjoy reading along. I blame you for my increased wine consumption lol ... I almost never make it through an installment without having to go pour myself a nice glass to read along with. In fact often I would just pour a glass and THEN open up your next report lol ... saves me a trip up and down the stairs as soon as I get to your cocktail hour description, ha!

You are so welcome..........

I love your style reading along..........lol.......have to admit I usually have a glass in my hand if I’m doing trip report at night.......::yes::

I’m glad you enjoyed it though and thank you for the lovely comments.........:wave2:

Thanks CAROLE for the awesome trip report, really enjoyed it!

Enjoy New York City and Orlando!

Thank you so much!!

Loved NYC again........we did hardly anything but it was fabulous........think we’re done with NY for a few years though..........on to Vegas next.........

And Orlando is fabulous as always!

I’m glad you enjoyed reading along........I have so much to catch up on when I get home, including your report that I’ve fallen behind on.............:wave2:

Such a terrific trip report! Looking forward to reading up on all of your next adventures! Also hoping that we can make a meet-up happen in March....:flower:

Thanks Jocelyn........:D

Yes, I hope we can meet up next March.......that would be lovely.......it was a shame we didn’t manage it last time.....but, so glad you enjoyed this one!

Thanks for reading along and happy planning for your next trip.......:wave2:

Thank you so much!!

Loved NYC again........we did hardly anything but it was fabulous........think we’re done with NY for a few years though..........on to Vegas next.........

And Orlando is fabulous as always!

I’m glad you enjoyed reading along........I have so much to catch up on when I get home, including your report that I’ve fallen behind on.............:wave2:

Lol I knew a vegas trip would eventually bubble to the surface! Heck, you’re out that far, make a pit stop for a few nights, then head onto CA. :).

Nice to see you check in ‘live’

It was so nice to meet you both! My husband couldn't believe we just ran into you guys like that. I tend to be a bit unobservant here at home, but I somehow have a knack for spotting people in the parks. Glad you guys made it back before the rain. I was worried my talking would have caused you guys to miss the boat. I think we managed to get one ride in before the weather shut the water rides down and forced us to go have lunch instead, lol.

The ride on the train is short and sweet...…..we were in a full compartment and usually people chat, but not today. The family we were with didn't utter one word the whole time...…..I was glad it was a short ride. When we got off I commented that was two sets of people that had been a little off colour today...…..I much prefer people who chat and are friendly...…...but, we got off and were glad to be off the train today...….

We stop of course for the obligatory picture beside the engine...…..

i-kgbWJf9-XL.jpg

As we walk down towards the exit I almost ran into a resident of Hogsmeade...…..I was looking down into my bag and looked up and he was in front of me smiling...…...I love the staying in character acts that these guys partake in...…….it makes conversations a lot of fun albeit, a little odd at times...….he was very nice and asked for a picture...…...well, of course...…….

i-Kb2MZTb-XL.jpg

We had just got a little further on when the conductor started talking to us...…..and again, in character although I did recognize his regular accent through the exaggerated Potter speak...…..the young lady was lovely and asked if we were from the Highlands of Scotland, told her no not really but we did visit up that area a lot. She said she knew someone who was from there and we sounded the same...…..I wouldn't have said so, but people hear accents differently at times...…..we again, managed a few pictures with the Conductor and another TM. They are always so happy to stop and chat or have their picture taken which is lovely...…….

i-jPP7Lwj-XL.jpg

The conductor was heading for his position in front of the train in Hogsmeade and we had a nice chat with him as we walked, and of course he was from Hogsmeade when we asked where he was from, but did get a hint of where he may have been from in another life...…..very nice man and perfectly cast as a jolly train conductor.

i-t7bzBt9-XL.jpg

I had popped my hat on at this point as the heat and surprising humidity was turning me into Monica from friends...…….everyone remembers that episode...….I tried to flatten it down as best I could...….but no more pictures without the hat today till I had showered...……..

Tom assured me very nicely of course it wasn't that bad...….but it felt bad!!!! And with the beetroot red face...…..well, ladies know...……

i-SdcTFsQ-XL.jpg

i-mCqwfL9-XL.jpg

It was a little busier here, but still not the crowds we had anticipated......this was definitely a good time of year to visit...……

We do love to have a nosey around to little corners not many people wander to, and round the back of the sweet shop is a little area with some cute details that you could easily miss...……

i-RfzQLvr-XL.jpg

i-m7645WC-XL.jpg

i-5D2FD94-XL.jpg

i-ZRjkfSw-XL.jpg

i-j6B4DTm-XL.jpg

We were just going to leave when we thought we would quickly go and join the EP line for FJ...….we said we weren't bothered by rides today, but since we were here we might as well...…..the EP line wasn't bad at all, and we did enjoy one ride on it today and then headed out. FJ is such a fabulous ride...….despite having screens it is impressive...…...I could give the spider bit a miss though...…..of course we all know they aren't real and killjoys will say they don't look remotely real...…...but, there is something a little creepy about them...…...and people that have genuine phobias of them, it wont be nice regardless of how not life like they actually are.

We wander down and buy some bottled water before we leave Potter...…...it was welcome as it was ice cold. We can`t or should I say don't want to drink the water from fountains.....we think it is disgusting and will happily buy bottled to drink. Some folks don't seem to mind the taste, but yuk......not for us...…..so we enjoyed that before wandering into Seuss Landing...…...we were also starting to feel a little hungry now, despite the donut sundae...…..

We didn't spend a long time in Seuss today, but did manage a few pictures...…….

i-6nWZhcj-XL.jpg

There are however some very odd little areas even for Seuss...…...the giraffe looks a little...….startled!!!

i-gjF64BJ-XL.jpg

On the way out we pass what is the most under rated restaurant in IOA...…...Confisco Grille is an amazing little place and food is always first class. But, although we were tempted to just eat here today, we passed and headed out of the park...……but if you are thinking of trying it out, have a go.

i-dC8X4Hm-XL.jpg

i-QDkt5N4-XL.jpg

You can feel the weather changing as the day goes on...….humidity is building all the time and feels hotter than earlier...….so we head for the boat as we think the rain is imminent...…..as we are marching unceremoniously towards the boats we hear a voice shout us...…..at first I didn't notice, but Tom said someone is shouting us...…….I turned and it was fellow SAN thread poster houseofthrees…...well, her husband was the one shouting...….lol...….we both knew each other would be there and they were staying at PB. It`s always nice to meet folks you chat to online, and over the years we have met many folks and became good friends with almost everyone we have had the pleasure to meet...…….

So, to be able to put a face to a name is nice too. We had a lovely chat and a good catch up with what we were both doing on our trips...…..it was lovely meeting them all, such a nice family...….and lovely children too.....although young adults I suppose would be a better description...…..we chatted some more and then they were heading in to water rides I believe...…...we said our goodbyes and went for the boat. But, it was a genuine pleasure to meet such a lovely family...……

It did feel like rain at that point, but it didn't come to anything...…...so we got the boat back home and glanced at the rather ominous clouds building as we entered the hotel...……..although by the time we got up to our room, it seemed to have brightened up a little...….but forecast was heavy rain again for later...

We showered and got changed, then headed out to O`Charleys on Turkey Lake Road, it takes only 5 minutes really to get there, but by now my tummy is rumbling like thunder...…….

We get in the pleasantly cool car with being under shade. and make the short drive down the road...….....we get seated immediately and the young lady taking care of us is lovely. We order a strawberry lemonade each and I also have the N`awlins hurricane....I`d had that cocktail before and it was so nice...…..

We really like it in here...…...food and service are always excellent...…..although we do tend to be a little boring in our choices in here...…..but, we did have a good search of the menu for alternatives to our usual...……

i-LF266JD-XL.jpg

It is a fairly local sports bar according to the waitress......they do get tourists of course, but for the most part it does feel local...…..

i-3FLgmk3-XL.jpg

i-d8mbQdc-XL.jpg

As she brings our drinks we do rather predictably order what we had the last time we were here...…...Tom opts for the Santa Fe Tilapia and sticks with the side of rice choice as he enjoyed it last time......not usually a rice eater is my husband. I go for the Nashville hot chicken sandwich...…...this is hot!!!! Never disappoints or makes me wish it was hotter...…..it`s about perfect. And the chicken is lovely even with the hot spice you can taste how nice the meat is.

She also brings us the hottest rolls ever......straight from the oven and you can tell......we can barely touch them...…..but, they are the sweetest tasting rolls ever......and of course as I am literally starving right now, we both tuck in and enjoy them...….although we did stop at one each......why, I`m not quite sure, but we do...….

i-jCSGwLZ-XL.jpg

When the food arrives it is divine. For basically a sports bar, the food is excellent...…..Tom`s fish is delicate and so tasty......I do get a taste, but I know how much he is enjoying it as I don't get offered a second piece :rotfl:...….I love when he enjoys food like that...……

My chicken was exceptional...…...I don't really eat the bun, but today ate a little of the bottom of it as it was tasty, but the chicken was or maybe it was my imagination, but it felt hotter than normal...…..but gorgeous!!!!

i-W6zfHhV-XL.jpg

i-GTNp24V-XL.jpg

Our waitress checked on us and we told her it was delicious......she then asked if we had been in before, we said yes we had been in a few times...…..and always came back again. The manager also came to check everything was ok and we didn't need anything...….we had met him before and he seemed like a real nice guy. Good service is so important and that is one thing that will bring us back to a place again. Along with good food too of course...……

We paid the check and went outside to see the clouds were indeed looming...…….

We had to make a quick stop in to WalMart before heading off and the sky was indeed heavy...…….

i-rvzqD5p-XL.jpg

We were spending an hour or so with a friend today, so that took care of the rest of the afternoon.

We popped back to our room after our meeting and were in Strongwater Bar soon after...…...rain was now bouncing down, but, we still debated driving somewhere for dinner tonight...…...Tom said we had to make up our mind before we ordered any drinks as he would have a coke if we were going out...….we looked at each other and thought.....nah, lets just stay here tonight again...…..so that's what we did...……

We then ordered a rum revival for me, this was becoming a real favourite of mine...…..and Tom had a Bud...……I do look a little puddled in this picture!!!!

i-q7897HS-XL.jpg

i-cwV62TP-XL.jpg

We love this place!!!! I`m sure readers will know that already...….but, it`s like an episode of Cheers at times...….so many familiar faces and of course good food and drinks...…...we have this one though and head back up to our room to Skype Kyle...…..we tell Jason we`ll be back down later for food...….he was surprised to see us leave after only one drink...…...he should know by now!!!!

Room is so dark as rain is now incredibly heavy...….we were glad to be staying in...….as we walked in the door a family passed us drenched and moaning badly about having missed more park time with the weather...….I felt so bad for them, we had seen them in the elevator and they told us they had three days vacation here. I thought maybe they had some more time at Disney, but nope, this was their trip. Such a shame.

We get the ipad out and send Kyle a message we are in room...…..it was almost 11pm now in the UK, but we wanted to make sure we would be around when he was home...…..he replied immediately and we had a lovely chat to him. Always good to hear his stories from work and love to see how he still enthuses about his job...…..we did show him the rain out of the window and even he was surprised how bad it was and that he could see clearly how bad it was...….they had been enjoying some rather nice weather...…..lol.....typical!!!!

We chatted for around 30 minutes, and then Kyle was yawning, so we said our goodbyes and said we would try and Skype at the airport Monday, if not we would see him Tuesday...…..

At that the turndown lady appeared......we told her not to bother with the drapes, but we would take the water...…they are ideal to have in the fridge.....she gave us a couple more tonight too.

Not sure why, but I had another shower and got changed...…...Tom thought he might as well do the same...…….so we called the turndown lady back and asked for some more towels...….of course we could, she would pop back down with them in a few moments...…..and she did. We don't usually see the turndown people but it`s a nice thing to get.

Now we were changed we headed back down to our favourite bar...…...it was busier now, Saturday night and they had the singer on from our previous visits......she had such a good voice, and they weren't too loud...….how old do I sound...…..lol...…..we got a table and began to choose what we would have...….we actually ordered more food than we really needed if I`m honest, but its all so good!!!!

We first decided as we had some red wine in the room, we would order a bottle of red tonight too...…..so we chose one we knew we liked and enjoyed a glass of that before we ordered food...…….

i-HW7PdkQ-XL.jpg

We opted finally for the Florida Ceviche which I loved as it was spicy, and Tom chose the Choripapa which was a new one we hadn't tried before...….it was potato confit, chicken chorizo,spicy tomato sauce and a salsa...…..he also brought us our usual bowl of spicy mix too...…..

As the food arrived we both eyed Tom`s dish which I wasn't sure about...….then we looked at the ceviche and saw it was the wrong one......they had sent the Caribbean ceviche instead...…...it hadn't been Jason that brought the food, but we caught his eye and told them the error...…..he said he`d be right back......Tom had started trying his dish and thought it was lovely......I wasn't so sure...…..it was nice, but maybe not for me...…..at that Jason came back and said the correct ceviche was on it`s way and we could have the one they sent in error with no charge......well, we did like that one too.....so we did enjoy it!!!!

i-mtNf7sW-XL.jpg

i-J8hZNvn-XL.jpg

A few minutes later Jason brought over the correct dish......and it was lovely too!!!!! nice and spicy...…..but the taste of the seafood really did still shine through...…….unbelievably fresh!!!

i-PGzjkvw-XL.jpg

The music was well under way by now and it was so beautiful to listen to.....they were a good team and she could sing a song or two!!! We were enjoying our evening so much already...…..it`s a welcoming bar and it feels incredibly comfortable to be sitting in it...…….very relaxing...……

Tom then ordered one of his favourite rums......the Papas Pilar dark...….even I liked this one straight...…..but, I stuck to the wine now...…….

i-q2cwX9V-XL.jpg

We then rather surprisingly decided to order something else...…..this was a couple of hours later I have to say...…..we do like to nibble!!!!!

So, we asked for the pinchos de carne, which is steak and pineapple on skewers......and the yucca croquettes which didn't sound overly appealing to me, but I would try them of course...…..they were made up of chicken, chorizo, farmers cheese and a pineapple soubise...…..

i-skJ945v-XL.jpg

i-CG5jQdC-XL.jpg

They were a treat!!!! Never thought I`d like them, but so tasty...…….and that's what we love about these little dishes, you can try so many things in little plates...…..the pinchos were as always beautiful, but again we forgot to ask for no yukky cilantro green sauce...…..but, we left that bit.

By now it was late...…...and we began to yawn...…...I was ready for bed and Tom was the same...…...we got the check and paid it then headed the short walk to the elevators...….I was glad we didn't have to walk all the way back to RP tonight...…….

I think we were both asleep before we hit the pillow. It`s funny how it can suddenly just hit you like that...…….of course the bed was incredibly comfortable which was marvelous for a good sleep...….

But, we were painfully aware we now only had two sleeps before we left this trip behind us. Tomorrow was our last full day.

Lol I knew a vegas trip would eventually bubble to the surface! Heck, you’re out that far, make a pit stop for a few nights, then head onto CA. :).

Nice to see you check in ‘live’

Thanks Janet..........bit of a late response as I hadn’t checked in very much during our trip......

Oh yeah Vegas is in the plans!!! Between you and our friend at the hotel, I’m sure we can get some fabulous advice.........

The decision we have to make is whether to fly direct to Vegas from the UK (long flight) and 8 hour time difference from the U.K........stay for 3 nights and then fly down to Orlando for HHN or take a few days out of our Orlando trip and fly down then.......we would extend our trip to cover the days lost for Vegas...........

Decisions...........:scratchin

Full California trip may be the following year though...........::yes::

It was so nice to meet you both! My husband couldn't believe we just ran into you guys like that. I tend to be a bit unobservant here at home, but I somehow have a knack for spotting people in the parks. Glad you guys made it back before the rain. I was worried my talking would have caused you guys to miss the boat. I think we managed to get one ride in before the weather shut the water rides down and forced us to go have lunch instead, lol.

Hey!!!

So glad to see you post!!

We just spoke of this when we were there......we were walking down the same spot and smiled at your husband shouting out to us that day.......it was Tom that heard him actually........I was kind of oblivious at that point......but glad we did hear your DH!!

Oh yes, we were fine. Wouldn’t have minded if we had got wet......it was so nice to catch up with you and finally meet! You have a lovely family........your kids are adorable.

Lunch is always a good option :thumbsup2

Welcome home! :) Can't wait to read about your latest adventures and TR! Always looking for new things to add to our trip!

So can I assume this trip is not completed and your newest journey will be in the works soon?

Do I need to create a section titled, "Schumi's travels?"
lol

Welcome home! :) Can't wait to read about your latest adventures and TR! Always looking for new things to add to our trip!

Thanks........

Although to be honest I don’t think there’s anything new in this one.......we did some basic stuff that we’ve done before........but still had a blast!

So can I assume this trip is not completed and your newest journey will be in the works soon?

Do I need to create a section titled, "Schumi's travels?"
lol

Oh this one is done!!

New one will be along soon though.........::yes::

I may have to call it the dullest trip report ever.......:laughing: we really didn’t do much, although always seemed to be on the go...........

My own section.........lol.........:rotfl:

I’m glad you have been sharing all your trips with us

Since you go back to the darkside early September, I hope we will get another trippie from youse !

I’m glad you have been sharing all your trips with us

Since you go back to the darkside early September, I hope we will get another trippie from youse !

What am I saying hope you will....

I know you will share the next trip with the readers here

Thanks mac.......

Yes, new trip report will be up soon, albeit a slightly shorter one than usual........as I’m not really sure what we actually did this time.........didn’t do a whole lot!! Which was the idea after all.......just a chilling out trip!

September of course will be busy!!!

Hi Schumi! Is it possible that I saw you at RPR about 2 weeks ago? I had read your trip report and saw your pics prior to us going and when we were walking to the bus stop I feel like we passed you and your husband but of course when I realized it, it was too late!

Hi Schumi! Is it possible that I saw you at RPR about 2 weeks ago? I had read your trip report and saw your pics prior to us going and when we were walking to the bus stop I feel like we passed you and your husband but of course when I realized it, it was too late!

:wave2:

It absolutely is possible it was us :thumbsup2

When we walk over to use the Club Lounge at RP from Sapphire Falls, we would have come out from the business centre near where the bus stop is and then we’d walk down past where Tchoup Chop was and on to the elevators. And we certainly did go over a couple of mornings for breakfast and a couple of times for an early evening glass of wine.....::yes::

I know what you mean about seeing someone then realising it’s them after you pass, I’ve done that a few times........it would have been lovely to say hello though to you and your family..........

Maybe next time.........

Hope you had a wonderful time during your stay at RP though.........we adore that hotel too!!

:wave2:

It absolutely is possible it was us :thumbsup2

When we walk over to use the Club Lounge at RP from Sapphire Falls, we would have come out from the business centre near where the bus stop is and then we’d walk down past where Tchoup Chop was and on to the elevators. And we certainly did go over a couple of mornings for breakfast and a couple of times for an early evening glass of wine.....::yes::

I know what you mean about seeing someone then realising it’s them after you pass, I’ve done that a few times........it would have been lovely to say hello though to you and your family..........

Maybe next time.........

Hope you had a wonderful time during your stay at RP though.........we adore that hotel too!!

I knew it! I told my husband and kids! Haha. We absolutely loved RPR. I am in the process of reading all the hotel threads to see if we should change it up next time or go back. What is your favorite resort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter