Baby Panda at SD Zoo

Phalene

Mouseketeer
I'll be traveling to SD in November, and wondered if the new baby panda would be viewable-does anyone know when they usually start allowing the baby to be viewed?

If the schedule for the new baby panda cub is anything like his/her sister, Su Lin, it may be end of December / January before the baby panda cub will be on outside exhibit. And even then, it will be hit or miss, because baby panda cubs like to sleep high in the trees.

I remember two years ago, we went in Feb when Su Lin was 6 months, we had a hard time seeing her because she was always up in the tree. We had to go back several times that day to catch her on the ground - feeding with mom.

I love the Pandas at San Diego! My friend and I have flown down for the day to San Diego just to celebrate Su Lin's 1st & 2nd birthday!

Check the San Diego Zoo Panda Blog and they will definately mention when the panda cub will be on exhibit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter