Baby it's cold outside! A shiver me timbers February birthday trip. Updated 24/02

I woke up about 8pm starving, so I woke Daniel (which is not an easy task by any means) and we freshened up for dinner. We were thinking about venturing out to one of the other hotels but we were watching our budget so ended up deciding on the Chuck Wagon cafe. (It may have also had something to do with the fact it was so close :rolleyes1)

I was quite impressed by the choices.

DisneylandParis2012127.jpg

Chicken, gravy, veg, and some chicken and fish nuggets from the childrens buffet.

Daniel had the same with some ribs and a jacket potato.

DisneylandParis2012131.jpg

My second plate with pasta, salad, and cod bake and rice.

Dessert was jelly, chocolate pudding, and some other white pudding that I can't put a name to :confused3.

DisneylandParis2012132.jpg

Chcolate cake, pear tart, doughnuts.

DisneylandParis2012133.jpg

The doughnuts btw were amaazing, I ate them whilst doing this :cool1:

A couple of shots of the restaurant...

DisneylandParis2012135.jpg

DisneylandParis2012136.jpg

It was about 10:30pm by that point, we were among the last people in there.

I stopped to get a tea basket from reception and we wandered back to room while I took a few pictures.

The building we were in, it was super close...

DisneylandParis2012137.jpg

DisneylandParis2012138.jpg

Oh and in case you want to know what's in a tea and coffee basket...

DisneylandParis2012125.jpg

I made a lovely cup of tea when we got in, there was some more Zak and Cody and then sleep. The next morning it was going to be my birthday!! :cheer2:

Loved reading your trip report and looking at the pictures, didn't spot us in the background in any! When we walked down the arcade to get to Buzz we saw someone sat taking pictures in Victoria's could well have been you. I said to hubby good idea as they keeping warm!

Loving your report :thumbsup2 It looks sooooooo cold.......thank goodness for Disney hot chocolate :goodvibes

Loved reading your trip report and looking at the pictures, didn't spot us in the background in any! When we walked down the arcade to get to Buzz we saw someone sat taking pictures in Victoria's could well have been you. I said to hubby good idea as they keeping warm!

Thank you for reading :goodvibes That was us, we were the only ones in there!

Loving your report :thumbsup2 It looks sooooooo cold.......thank goodness for Disney hot chocolate :goodvibes

Thanks for reading :goodvibes. I know, what would we do without it?!

Today was my birthday! I got up way early for our ressie at Cafe Mickey and got showered and dressed, then I tried to wake Daniel which is always a nightmare. Possibly my most hated job in the world. He was in such a bad sleep mood, he didn't say Happy Birthday for half an hour! Which led me to feel like this... :mad: I was also worried about missing our reservation. But he got he stuff together and managed to cheer up enough to say happy birthday and give me some presents, which I decided to keep for cafe Mickey since I was still feeling a bit :mad:

Anyway after that brief moment of it's my party and I'll cry if I want to, we both cheered up, got the bus and walk/jogged to Cafe Mickey. Daniels shoelace came undone, he told me to carry on, bent down to fix his shoe, got up and ran right into the concrete posts that form the entrance part of the village. Can't believe I missed that! Had a good laugh when he told me though, the wally.

We made it to Cafe Mickey (about 15 minutes late :headache:) but they were okay and didn't even mention it. Gipetto met us at the entrance and shook Daniels hand. We paid and were led to a table.

Pluto promtly came over and sat on my camera, after I'd prized it out from under his fluffy butt we took some photos.

DisneylandParis2012140.jpg

Then all the characters came over one by one.

DisneylandParis2012142.jpg

Pluto came over again.

DisneylandParis2012143.jpg

Goofy came over and we had a group photo that a lovely cm took.

DisneylandParis2012145.jpg

DisneylandParis2012146.jpg

After that we got foood. It was nice to have some hot items after all the criossants.

DisneylandParis2012147.jpg

The only thing we weren't too keen on were the eggs, really runny, not my cup of cha.

DisneylandParis2012148.jpg

As you can see we had more hot choc :rotfl:

DisneylandParis2012149.jpg

Tea! Got to have tea with a birthday breakfast.

Fresh fruit.

DisneylandParis2012150.jpg

I know your all going to tut tut but, I prefer the tinned stuff tbh!

After a while Mickey came round, but he must have had lots to do today because he was in a rush. We did pictures in about 30 seconds and then he gone. My picture turned out terrible but he had dissapeared by then so I didnt get another one. Mickey spent a bit more time with the children, which is fair enough I guess we are both in our 20's :rotfl: My bfs one is really good though!

DisneylandParis2012151.jpg

Chip and Dale came round next...

DisneylandParis2012152.jpg

DisneylandParis2012153.jpg

The necklace I'm wearing was my birthday present.

DisneylandParis2012154.jpg

I got a couple of yummy pastries.

DisneylandParis2012156.jpg

While we finished our breakfast we decided what to do for the day.The original plan for today was to spend the morning in Disneyland Park and then go into paris for the afternoon for some sightseeing but I though it was too cold to wander about Paris and didn't really think we'd enjoy it. Plus I didn't feel like I'd had enough Disney yet, so we decided to do more Disney and put sightseeing in Paris in the next time when it's warmer box.

It was a lovely breakfast and the perfect start to my birthday. All the characters (except Mickey) spent a lot of time with us and Gipetto and Pluto were wandering around the whole time.

Next up even more hot chocolate!

Loving this report! What a shame with Mickey we had the same experience in 2010 when we went and were all adults x

What a great birthday breakfast, looking forward to the rest.

We wandered over to the park entrance but were still about half hour early. I thought they wouldv'e let everyone in like they did in the studio's... but no such luck.

One English guy was right kicking off about it to a security member. We decided to have a poke around the train station to warm up a tiny bit. I think the angry guy must've won the argument because they started letting everyone in about 20 to 10.

We were wandering down Main Street when Daniel saw a cookie in the window of the bakery. So yes... the first thing we did straight after breakfast was to have hot chocolate and cookies :rotfl:

DisneylandParis2012157.jpg

Paper cups of yum.

DisneylandParis2012158.jpg

Paper bag of yum.

DisneylandParis2012161.jpg

I decided not to wear a hat and look! The crazy hair is no more. Think I still had my ear muffies though.

We downed our hot choc in a nice little booth and decided to work our way right round the park from the left and to do everything (that was open obvs).

I didn't take a lot of pictures on our mission, getting it in and out of the camera bag was a pain (gloves and fumbling) but I snapped a few.

DisneylandParis2012163.jpg

DisneylandParis2012164.jpg

One thing I loved was Le Passage Enchanté d'Aladdin. This is so good! I was going to give it a miss but Daniel insisted. It's a really well designed little walk through that has the main scenes of the first film. Wish they'd made it into a ride.

DisneylandParis2012169.jpg

Actually on the subject I know there's Alladdins carpets but I love a proper Alladding ride the story and imagery is so good. Why hasn't it been done?!

DisneylandParis2012165.jpg

DisneylandParis2012166.jpg

DisneylandParis2012168.jpg

The ship was covered for our whole stay... love the skull though.

DisneylandParis2012170.jpg

It's at this point that my camera died (forgot to charge it the night before :headache:) and I usually use it as diary because I don't take notes. But I think we basically just went round the park doing every ride like we decided. Which would've been pretty boring anyway.

We also went to the castle and I bought a ring from the shop. They didn't have many in my size but at least that made it easier to choose.

DisneylandParis2012171.jpg

DisneylandParis2012175.jpg

Sparkly :goodvibes I'm like a black bird, I love anything sparkly.

Daniel decided he wanted to eat at Blue Lagoon and luckily my phone takes pretty good photos.

We were seated right at the back of the restaurant. It was quite nice but I wish we could see a bit more.

Shortly after we were seated Jack Sparrow came out and he nearly right past us but luckily my phone has the brightest flash in the world. I was testing it out on Daniel and Jack jumped round and said "AHA!".

Phone671.jpg

Phone673.jpg

The food was good but not amazing. I had the crab starter and fish main, and Dainel had soup and veal.

Phone674.jpg

Tastiest part of the meal, really fresh lovely flavours.

Phone677.jpg

Soup with a side of white stuff... we still don't know what it is but Daniel approved.

Phone679.jpg

The fish was a bit dry, the sauce was really good just not enough of it.

Phone680.jpg

Daniel said he had too much sauce and couldn't taste the meat.

I would definately go back for the surroundings, it's so beautiful in there. But I didn't love the food and it was expensive. Next time I'll go for drinks but probably not food.

Afterwards we went back to the hotel for a nap and more Suite Life.

What a shame about blue lagoon we have eaten their twice and had amazing meals!

I love that ring! X

Great TR :thumbsup2.

You seemed to get lots done despite the weather.

Love the necklace you got for your birthday :goodvibes

We always say we will do Paris but haven't yet (had thought about it this coming trip but my DD2 won't be keen so we'll probably just do Disney - we'll have plenty time for Paris when my kids are older :lmao:).

What a shame about blue lagoon we have eaten their twice and had amazing meals!

I love that ring! X

Yeah, it wasn't bad food but we just didn't go WOW!

Thank you!

Great TR :thumbsup2.

You seemed to get lots done despite the weather.

Love the necklace you got for your birthday :goodvibes

We always say we will do Paris but haven't yet (had thought about it this coming trip but my DD2 won't be keen so we'll probably just do Disney - we'll have plenty time for Paris when my kids are older :lmao:).

Thanks for reading!

My DBF did very well :goodvibes

I have a feeling we'll keep putting Paris off too. Once you get to Disney there's just too much to do and you don't wanna leave!

After lunch we headed out of the park. I got a giant cotton candy stick which was half the size of me, I kid you not.

I didn't get a picture because I was too busy stuffing my face, sorry!

We went back to the cheyenne and lounged about for a while then decided to get drinks at sequoia lodge.

We hopped on the bus, got to the lodge and had a wander about. What a lovely resort! Hopefully we can stay there next time.

It was really busy but we got a table for two right in the corner and then moved when a table closer to the fire became available.

DisneylandParis2012176.jpg

(My pictures seem to be getting and worse, so I apologise :confused3 I must've got picture fatigue)

We purused the menu...

DisneylandParis2012177.jpg

and ended up with these...

DisneylandParis2012178.jpg

I got a champagne cocktail, it was yum.

DisneylandParis2012179.jpg

Love the little coasters.

DisneylandParis2012183.jpg

A little later we got more drinks and some chicken wings.

DisneylandParis2012184.jpg

I got a cosmo, Daniel got another pint. I can't comment on the wings because I never got a single one. But Daniel ate the lot in about 30 seconds so they must have been good :rolleyes1

After that I got a fruity number, I don't remember what it was called! But it was good, and quite large.

After that we wandered over to the bus stop feeling a bit worse for wear :laughing:

We got back and I did the most awful packing job in the world, I think i just threw everything in basically. We had a really good day but were a bit sad because the next day was our last :sad1:

DisneylandParis2012185.jpg

I woke up nice and early with a very sore head this morning :laughing: We were supposed to be doing EMH. Daniel suggested we just sleep in and have a relaxing morning, and I didn't take much pursuading!

I woke up again about two hours later with the hump over having missed our only EMH, and looking at the "packing" I had done the night before made it worse. We got ready quickly and just threw our cases together, but it still took ages to get out and get down to breakfast.

DisneylandParis2012186.jpg

DisneylandParis2012187.jpg

DisneylandParis2012188.jpg

DisneylandParis2012189.jpg

It was -7 today and i starting to think sleeping in was the best thing, and since my headache was self inflicted and I only had myself to blame, I got out of my hump, and we had a nice breakfast. I didn't take any pics because we got exactly the same stuff.

After we put our bags in the bag hold, we headed over to the park. We could tell it was going to be busy, people were pouring into the parks!

DisneylandParis2012190.jpg

The DLH is so pretty.

We went to the studio's first and did RNRC. The first time we experienced people jumping queues and smoking in line.

Next we did TOT, the way said 20 minutes but I think we waited 45. It was worth it though, it has to be one of my faves.

DisneylandParis2012191.jpg

DisneylandParis2012194.jpg

DisneylandParis2012195.jpg

DisneylandParis2012196.jpg

After that we decided to go back to Disneyland Park so that we could do Peter Pan. We walked through streets of Hollywood and went in the shop. I bought a super cute Lady plush and some prezzies for everyone.

DisneylandParis2012197.jpg

DisneylandParis2012198.jpg

DisneylandParis2012199.jpg

DisneylandParis2012200.jpg

Continued...

Really well written report. The photos are great. It may have been freezing, but the pictures look more impressive because of it.

We're heading there next week :)

I really enjoyed your trip report - thanks for sharing. We were there at about the same time as you, and your photos really show how cold it was! :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter