Baby carrier required on any rides?

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by Surgie2, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Surgie2

Surgie2 DIS Veteran

My daughter heard from a friend of a friend of a friend....that some WDW rides require that a baby be in a front pack carrier. (Her baby will be 13 months at time of visit).

I can't find anything online that confirms this. As long as the ride has no height restrictions, can't the baby just sit on an adult's lap?

2. TravelingTotMom

TravelingTotMom M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-M-M-Y!

Yes, the baby can just sit on an adult's lap if there is no height restriction.

When my son was an infant, a front-facing front pack carrier was certainly easier to get on and off rides (and then he was sitting securely on my lap facing forward to see everything), but they are not required.

In fact, on the carrousel, parents are usually asked to remove their infants from carriers and just hold them.

Surgie2 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Dis703

Dis703 DIS Veteran

There are no rides that require a carrier. But like pp said it can make it easier at times getting on and off the rides to use one.

Surgie2 and Crystal824 like this.
  5. Scubee

Scubee DIS Veteran

Echoing the front facing carriers. They are handy not only for the attractions themselves but also for standing in line!

Surgie2 likes this.
  6. Crystal824

Crystal824 DIS Veteran

They are definitely not required but agree they may come in handy.

Surgie2 likes this.
  7. eeyoreandtink

eeyoreandtink DIS Veteran

I think what your friend is referencing is the fact that on some rides they will make you face the baby forward in the carrier, ie you cannot have them facing inward toward your chest. It's not an official policy as far as I am aware, but I have heard of CM's making an issue of it at some rides.

Surgie2 likes this.
  8. PlainJane

PlainJane <font color=teal>It was wonderful both times<br><f

I echo this. A carrier is not required, but if the baby is in a carrier some CMs will require the child to forward face.

Surgie2 likes this.
  9. TMcHenry

TMcHenry Earning My Ears

I held my son when he was 6 months old, no carrier required in 2014. No one asked me to make him face forward but maybe we never went on those rides.