Baby carrier required on any rides?

Surgie2

DIS Veteran
My daughter heard from a friend of a friend of a friend....that some WDW rides require that a baby be in a front pack carrier. (Her baby will be 13 months at time of visit).

I can't find anything online that confirms this. As long as the ride has no height restrictions, can't the baby just sit on an adult's lap?

Yes, the baby can just sit on an adult's lap if there is no height restriction.

When my son was an infant, a front-facing front pack carrier was certainly easier to get on and off rides (and then he was sitting securely on my lap facing forward to see everything), but they are not required.

In fact, on the carrousel, parents are usually asked to remove their infants from carriers and just hold them.

Echoing the front facing carriers. They are handy not only for the attractions themselves but also for standing in line!

I think what your friend is referencing is the fact that on some rides they will make you face the baby forward in the carrier, ie you cannot have them facing inward toward your chest. It's not an official policy as far as I am aware, but I have heard of CM's making an issue of it at some rides.

I think what your friend is referencing is the fact that on some rides they will make you face the baby forward in the carrier, ie you cannot have them facing inward toward your chest. It's not an official policy as far as I am aware, but I have heard of CM's making an issue of it at some rides.

I echo this. A carrier is not required, but if the baby is in a carrier some CMs will require the child to forward face.

I held my son when he was 6 months old, no carrier required in 2014. No one asked me to make him face forward but maybe we never went on those rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!