Aunty's Free Activities Registration

Thank you for the heads up! While I agree that it can be unfair for those who don't know about it, it will be nice to not have to wake up early for my kiddos to be able to participate in these activities. We are travelling with my sister in law and her kids, does anyone know if we could get kids in together? If its seperate can we call and request or could one of us put in all four kids(her two and my two).

TIA!

You will each need to register your own kids, and on the registration form online, you can request which 3 of the 4 activities you would like. Then, they'll e-mail you with a list of the days and times that your kids are signed up. You don't get to choose, but once you get the e-mail, you can reply (or phone) and ask to change the times so that it fits your schedule and so that it's at the same time as your sister-in-laws kids. It's probably easiest to see which times your kids get and which times her kids get, and then change two kids to match the other two kids. There might even be a "notes" spot on the registration form where you can mention the last name of the other children.

Fo the premium events does anyone know does that also open at 90 days? We online for the free ones but my 2 kids who are kid club age want to do the chip and dale party. Hopefully my teen will be busy in teen club and husband and I can have a drink and relax. Also does anyone know what they do if they get tired (jet lagged) kids? We are east coasters trying to think it all out. Thanks

Fo the premium events does anyone know does that also open at 90 days? We online for the free ones but my 2 kids who are kid club age want to do the chip and dale party. Hopefully my teen will be busy in teen club and husband and I can have a drink and relax. Also does anyone know what they do if they get tired (jet lagged) kids? We are east coasters trying to think it all out. Thanks
You can definitely register your kids for Aunty's premium events 90 days out. I specifically asked that myself b/c I was trying to coordinate spa appointments with Aunty's activities, and spa appointments can also be booked 90 days out. By the way, I am not aware of a teen club at Aulani. My kids aren't old enough for that yet so I didn't dig for info, but all I remember reading about is the teen spa and some teen activities each day, but no club like Aunty's for their age group.

You can definitely register your kids for Aunty's premium events 90 days out. I specifically asked that myself b/c I was trying to coordinate spa appointments with Aunty's activities, and spa appointments can also be booked 90 days out. By the way, I am not aware of a teen club at Aulani. My kids aren't old enough for that yet so I didn't dig for info, but all I remember reading about is the teen spa and some teen activities each day, but no club like Aunty's for their age group.

Yes the teen spa is what I meant by the teen club it is thee hang out space and they run quite a few activities including at night. :) Thanks

You'll need to call to register for Chip and Dale. I would do asap as it sounds like you'll be going in July and I've heard summer is busy there. Have fun!

With regards to Aunty's, I think their system is terrible and as you said, the pre registration is not well advertised. Another option for childcare that we are using on our Pearl Harbor day is the babysitting through Aulani. I didn't want them in the kids' club all day, so we are getting a sitter. It might be an option for you. For us to pay for one of the premium activities for our two kids was going to be about the same cost as a sitter for 4 hours. If you have more than two kids, it would actually be cheaper to get the sitter. The sitters can't take them in the pools or ocean but can take them to other things around the resort. I haven't reserved the sitter, but I'd better get on that since everything else seems crazy booked. Here is the link to babysitting: https://resorts.disney.go.com/aulani-hawaii-resort/rooms-offers/in-room-options/childcare/

twodogs, have you reserved the babysitting yet? Just curious how the process went since it is a third party. We are going back and forth with doing the premium activities at Aunty's or just having a sitter come up to the room with our DS6 and DS8. I am guessing with the time change and being in the pool/ocean all day, they will be tired early. Leaning towards the sitters....

Is the super long line just to drop off kids for the included free kids club stuff? I pre registered our kids and signed up for 3 free & one premium activity, but would like them to have some Aunty's time so we can have some Spouse time.
So hoping they can get in w/o a huge wait.

Is the super long line just to drop off kids for the included free kids club stuff? I pre registered our kids and signed up for 3 free & one premium activity, but would like them to have some Aunty's time so we can have some Spouse time.
We never had to wait more than a few minutes to drop off. They usually have several CMs there to help and we never encountered more than a few families waiting to get in at once. It might be a tad slower if you show up at the check-in time for a scheduled activity, but otherwise not bad.

I think the "super long line" you are hearing about is parents getting up early to get in line to register. If you've registered online and for your 3 programs, then you don't have to worry about it. Checking in for activities or free time is pretty quick - the kids tap their band and they're good to go. There was one night during our stay when we picked up the kids and we had to wait about 5 minutes to check them out because there were so many kids checking in for a scheduled activity.

You can drop them off early for their activity and you don't have to pick them up right after - my kids told me not to come and get them because they wanted to play video games!

I am calling to reserve the sitter tomorrow so I will post about how it goes. I had to wait to make sure we got our Pearl Harbor tickets at the right time to book the sitter, and I was just able to book them this weekend. Hopefully a smooth process with setting up the sitter.

How long is the wait before you get your schedule? I know our premium because I picked it, but I booked Saturday online the other free ones and waiting for the activity assignments. Plan on waiting out week and asking if there is something on the way. Our entire family (I have all girls and poor husband needs a massage) are doing something at the spa at different times so working around it is my goal as much as possible. Went and schedules spa services off the recommendation of the spa staff based on dropping them off and putting them in. BUT would prefer to reschedule services based on the kids activities if I can (they are in the 90 day block as well)......

How long is the wait before you get your schedule? I know our premium because I picked it, but I booked Saturday online the other free ones and waiting for the activity assignments. Plan on waiting out week and asking if there is something on the way. Our entire family (I have all girls and poor husband needs a massage) are doing something at the spa at different times so working around it is my goal as much as possible. Went and schedules spa services off the recommendation of the spa staff based on dropping them off and putting them in. BUT would prefer to reschedule services based on the kids activities if I can (they are in the 90 day block as well)......
It took 9 days before I heard back.

I heard back within 1-2 hours, so it varies widely. I agree with you that I would call if it's longer than a week of waiting just to be sure.

Got our response yesterday. Then had to make updates with spa and Aunty's (not many). I have to say speaking with both places they were so kind and helpful -- felt like I was already on vacation. Woman at Aunty's said to make sure that I let them know I was scheduled for the spa..... that not to worry about having my phone they'd make note of it and if they needed me someone would come. Can't wait!

We were there last September and going again this May.

Last time, I filled out the online form, and they email me back with 2 of the 3 activities I picked. Later I called to register for both paid activities, and when asked to confirm the time of the 2 free activities, I actually get to choose any of the times available and got in all 3.

I later need to change the times to accommodate our spa reservations and there were no problems at all. Staffs were very friendly.

I was hoping the process would be the same for our trip next month and I will call in these 2 weeks.

I called to book the sitter today through the service Aulani recommends on their site. Had to leave a message but they called back within a few hours. I am booking a full day (Passport to Pearl Harbor for us and my parents that day), for our trip which is about 7 weeks from now. I was worried I was calling too early, as the Aulani site recommends booking the sitter 24 hours in advance. On the contrary, the person at the sitter service told me they are fully booked for the next 3 weeks, so it was very good that I called early. I have to fill out a 2 page form and fax it back. No big deal.

She did explain that once you have used at least 4 hours of the sitter, any additional time is charged in 30 minute increments. And if you get home earlier than planned, they only charge you for what you used (as long as it was at least 4 hours, and they charge only in 30 minute increments). That was good to know. They will give me the sitter's contact information when it gets closer to the date.

I will report back on the actual experience and my girls' opinions on the sitter versus Aunty's when we return.

This is a great thread and super helpful!

I signed up our youngest last week (4/2). We are staying for 3 nights, and had the option of requesting three of the four activities (as mentioned in the OP.) It took three days to get a response, and she was placed in one activity. She is very happy because it was (by luck) her first choice. I'm pleased because the time and activity will work out great for our stay. I thought our experience with pre-registration for a shorter stay might help someone else.

Just signed my boys up for Aunty's! That means 90 days for us, YAY! Will report back on what activities they got into and how long it takes to hear back. We are still on the fence for the paid activities. =)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter