Aulani -ressies at Monkeypod required?

Inga

DIS Veteran
Hi

We will be flying into Honolulu on Sat April 5th after a VERY long flight from the East coast of Canada, arriving around 2pm (8pm our time). I am suspecting it will take 1-2 hours to get bags, car get to Aulani and get our room and settled. I predict DH and I will be completely jet lagged and ravenous beasts at this point.

So, I am wondering whether there is a need to make a ressie at Monkeypod for a 4-5pm dining time? As it is a bit unpredictable when we will be arriving at the resort due to car rental/traffic, it is difficult to pick an exact time where we know we will be there, and if we make the ressies too late I don't know if we will last that long...

So, bottom line, are ressies required for an early Saturday night supper @ Monkeypod?

Thanks
Inga

We were at Aulani during presidents week which was extremely busy so that may have been a factor but Monkeypod was pretty packed both times we went there.

We made a reservation via open table which worked out great for the 1st night. Keep in mind, happy hour pricing is available everywhere, not just the bar, so that brings in business in the 3-5:30 time frame. Our reservation was for 4 and it was not that bad when we arrived for our table but when we left after 5, there were a lot of people waiting to be seated.

The next night we walked over around 5 without a reservation and it was packed but we found a spot to sit at the bar where we were able to also order food.

My advice is to just make a table reservation and if you don't arrive in time, they'll probably still accommodate you. The food is great as you've probably read from most of the reviews.

Why don't you just go ahead & make it for 6:00 so you're not rushed or worried about being late? (We never, ever eat before 8:00 or 8:30 so 6:00 is still earlybird dining hour in my book…) Plus the sooner you can start getting acclimated to island time the sooner you'll adjust to the jet lag. If you eat dinner at 4:00 won't you be hungry again before bedtime??:confused3

Yeah we went with 5pm...can always change it if it doesn't work...

Inga

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter