Aulani/Maui video

Amw1064

DIS Veteran
Thought everyone on this board might enjoy this video that my daughter put together from the go pro of our trip this past summer. Video is kind of long (20 minutes) so turn up the music and enjoy. We love Aulani!

That was fantastic on so many levels!!! Your daughter is adorable--she looks like such a happy kid!! And she is super talented, because that's a great video. So, so cool to see the turtles since we just never managed to see one--thanks for sharing that. I'm determined we're going back in 5 years, spending more time on Maui and Kauai next time. You've motivated me to do some more work on my videos this afternoon! Thanks again for sharing and give my compliments to your beautiful girl :-)

@Amw1064 This should be a promo video for Hawaii Tourism!!!
Your daughter's positive energy is infectious and it was so fun to re-live Aulani through your family.
I just LOVE the pineapple themed shirts for the trip.
The music choices are amazing, loved the song playing over the turtle swim and that Lilo and Stitch song while you are eating at the character dinner is one of my families favorite!
Seriously, everyone heading to Aulani for the first time should watch this, your video hits a ton of places and things that people ask about here!
and that "no thank you" at the end with the waves-that is so funny!
I think you need to get out to Kauai and the Big Island next time.
Thanks for posting...

That was fantastic on so many levels!!! Your daughter is adorable--she looks like such a happy kid!! And she is super talented, because that's a great video. So, so cool to see the turtles since we just never managed to see one--thanks for sharing that. I'm determined we're going back in 5 years, spending more time on Maui and Kauai next time. You've motivated me to do some more work on my videos this afternoon! Thanks again for sharing and give my compliments to your beautiful girl :-)
Thanks so much. She is a happy kid but who isn't when at Aulani? We want to try Kauai next trip as well.

@Amw1064 This should be a promo video for Hawaii Tourism!!!
Your daughter's positive energy is infectious and it was so fun to re-live Aulani through your family.
I just LOVE the pineapple themed shirts for the trip.
The music choices are amazing, loved the song playing over the turtle swim and that Lilo and Stitch song while you are eating at the character dinner is one of my families favorite!
Seriously, everyone heading to Aulani for the first time should watch this, your video hits a ton of places and things that people ask about here!
and that "no thank you" at the end with the waves-that is so funny!
I think you need to get out to Kauai and the Big Island next time.
Thanks for posting...
Thanks so much. She is a great kid and we really love Aulani & Hawaii. She picked all the music and I wasn't allowed to see it until it was all finished. My "no thank you" wave wiped out the beach. For whatever reason I scooped up our bag with phones and camera as I saw it coming. Good thing because everyone's belongings went floating away and our towels were drench and covered in sand. Next trip we are going to add Kauai for sure.

Not sure why but it is saying " video is not available " for me. Odd.:(

ETA: working now! Yay!

Yes, me to!!!! We have been fortunate to go the past 3 summers but planning on a CA/Disneyland trip for 2018. After watching the video last night I am rethinking our plans. It is such a special place.

It has been 3 years this month that we went. Such a wonderful place. Would go back but we did a Caribbean Cruise ( RCL not Disney) in March and next trip will be WDW. I am one of the minority on is board who hasn't been yet and have been promosing the kids for a long time so we have to go there next. Maybe after that.

So cute!!
Which 2 catamarans were you on in Waikiki?
We did the outrigger canoe ride through Faiths Surf School. I prepaid online through their website. They will keep your stuff behind their counter for you. We did the actual catamaran ride through Maitai Catamarans. I also booked that ahead of time. Had a great experience with both companies and would recommend.

The outrigger looks so cool! I want to add that on to our trip if we have time.

It looked like there were two catamaran rides, one where you were all on the white canvas getting wet then another bigger cat ride. Was one Maitai and the other a different boat or was that actually the same ride?
We booked the Friday Fireworks ride on Maitai, after we do a vow renewal (just a casual thing with our little family). Normally I don't mind getting wet on a boat, but I may switch the timing if the Maitai is really that wet of a ride.
We're 80 days from our trip but this video makes me so impatient!

Great video, we leave in 18 days for our 3rd trip & it ramps up the excitement even more. This time we are taking our grandsons and their mom. Were you happy with the Outrigger company you used, as this is on our list, but we have not booked yet. Also have to ask where did you get your pineapple shirts and the shoes you wore on your travel day to Oahu? Thanks again for sharing!!!

The outrigger looks so cool! I want to add that on to our trip if we have time.

It looked like there were two catamaran rides, one where you were all on the white canvas getting wet then another bigger cat ride. Was one Maitai and the other a different boat or was that actually the same ride?
We booked the Friday Fireworks ride on Maitai, after we do a vow renewal (just a casual thing with our little family). Normally I don't mind getting wet on a boat, but I may switch the timing if the Maitai is really that wet of a ride.
We're 80 days from our trip but this video makes me so impatient!
The first catamaran ride is on the Maitai and my husband and daughter got wet because they sat up on the netting area. I was a touch back and only got an occasional spray. They had regular seating as well and those people did not get wet. The larger catamaran was at Kualoa Ranch. It was one of their tours. We did the horseback tour and the catamaran. Have a great trip.

The first catamaran ride is on the Maitai and my husband and daughter got wet because they sat up on the netting area. I was a touch back and only got an occasional spray. They had regular seating as well and those people did not get wet. The larger catamaran was at Kualoa Ranch. It was one of their tours. We did the horseback tour and the catamaran. Have a great trip.
Thanks so much! Looks like fun!

Great video, we leave in 18 days for our 3rd trip & it ramps up the excitement even more. This time we are taking our grandsons and their mom. Were you happy with the Outrigger company you used, as this is on our list, but we have not booked yet. Also have to ask where did you get your pineapple shirts and the shoes you wore on your travel day to Oahu? Thanks again for sharing!!!
Yes we were happy with the Faiths Surf school. I wanted to prebook the outrigger ride as it was a must do for us. Some companies you had to just walk up to. Our canoe only "rode" 2 waves but I have heard others do 3.

The pineapple shirts came from JCPenneys. Saw them a few days before we left on our trip. We live in Florida and our store still has them. Super cheap. Made by ANA brand and around $7.99. The flip flops I bought 2 years ago for our first Aulani trip. Got them at Rack Room Shoes. They are either Yellow Box or Blue Fin. Have a great trip!

Wow. I didn't think it was possible to get even more excited for our upcoming trip (March 1, 2018!)
Amazing video! What a wonderful memento. Thanks for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!