aulani airport transfer

the who #3

DIS Veteran
is there any good deal on transportation from honolulu airport to aulani? i know a rental car could come in handy for the stay,::yes:: but may not be what we want.

We looked at all the shuttles, and while they all seemed adequate, ultimately we opted for the rental car. Having the option to go to Waikiki, the North Shore, etc. whenever we wanted was great, and even though we didn't use the car that much, we were glad we had it the times we did.

Remember, Aulani is on the southwest corner of Oahu. You're not going to get very good bus service out of there, and it's not really walking distance to anywhere interesting (save maybe the Paradise Cove luau). The amount you'd pay for busses or shuttles would probably be better spent on a car.

That said, there is a rental car desk at Aulani (Alamo, I think), so if you get a shuttle and then realize you want to go somewhere else, you can still do that.

I've used John several times. Private service not shared, $55.00 flat to Aulani from the airport. Price includes 2 passengers. Add $6.00 for each additional passenger.

http://www.johnnycabhi.com/

~ David

Thank you! I think we'll give them a try. We're not DVC renters, so we'll have to pay a $35 a day parking fee. I think that will be a nice perk to have someone pick us up and drop us off.

That said, there is a rental car desk at Aulani (Alamo, I think), so if you get a shuttle and then realize you want to go somewhere else, you can still do that.

Thank you! I had no idea about the Alamo desk at the Aulani. We may go ahead and do this on Saturday when we go to Pearl Harbor. That's the only place we're going during our 4 night stay.

We too are not owners and did not want to pay the parking fee. It is an option to do a one way rental through Alamo to go from the airport to Aulani if you want to pick up groceries on your way. We opted against this though and decided to skip the hassle of picking up the rental car and booked Charley's Taxi for $55 flat rate (there are 3 of us). We then booked a rental car through onsite Alamo for two separate days to allow us to get out and about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter