Aulani 5/21so far

LeeNC

Earning My Ears
We arrived yesterday around 4:00pm. greeted by all the wonderful staff. Same as previous post there was no lei or water but that was okay the staff were very gracious it seemed, to have folks staying. line to check in was not long at all. I entered the queue and was behind one other family and it did not take long. Walked around and had dinner at Off the hook while listening to the story teller by the pool. Food was as good. Later we hung out in the hot tub which is our favorite after the long plane ride. I noticed most wore their masks through common areas but there a few that do not. there seemed to be a line around 8 or so to go back up to the room at the elevators trying to keep to only 1 family in car at a time. wait was not that bad though. I heard some talking about the spa opening back up next week but saw nothing official. I did ask if the hospitality suite would be available for our last day and due to it being a shared space they said unfortunately not yet. They are using a new Aulani app for the resort which was kinda cool.

Last edited:
beach photo taken around 8 I think they added more chairs

Attachments

• 7696B32C-9260-4F3C-BFDA-7266F5C31F60.jpeg
    7696B32C-9260-4F3C-BFDA-7266F5C31F60.jpeg
    131.9 KB · Views: 81
Hope your luck continues on those elevators! We had waits up to 20 minutes for a car sometimes last week. It would help if all 6 cars were running, especially after the Luau, but that's not the way it is; seems like 3-4 is more the norm.

Why in the world would they not hand you a lei? Seems over the top.
Hawaii is very COVID-sensitive right now. No leis, lots of social distancing, restaurants that are delivery-only (or closed), temperature checks to enter other restaurants, having to show your Hawaiian Safe Travels Proof of Covid Health certificate to register at the front desk, additional testing to island-hop, etc.

I'm from a very COVID-lax state, but I never ran into anybody who viewed it as approaching normal for where they live, either (and I spoke to CA, NY, PA, OH, FL, UT, and a few other visitors as well). So if you go, expect it to seem over the top until it relaxes some, I guess.

I'm from a very COVID-lax state, but I never ran into anybody who viewed it as approaching normal for where they live, either (and I spoke to CA, NY, PA, OH, FL, UT, and a few other visitors as well). So if you go, expect it to seem over the top until it relaxes some, I guess.
I am from NY, and got back from a 2-week stay in Hawaii this past Thursday (5/20). I can say that none of the Covid measures in Hawaii seemed "overly" over-the-top to me. If anything, the measures actually made me feel a bit safer, as it reinforced that they were taking things seriously. Do I wish things had been different and none of that was necessary? Absolutely! But nothing detracted from a perfectly wonderful vacation. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter