August 2022 Trip

JTHC

Earning My Ears
Hi all

We’ve booked the 2 week Disney part of our trip for next August. Hoping to add a week before to include Universal, Busch Gardens & Seaworld.
Looking at flights, arriving in Miami is over £1500 cheaper than Orlando for our dates so looking at having a night in Miami and then driving to either Tampa, for BG, or Orlando.
Anyone have any recommendations for the drive day, to break it up? Either in Miami area or en route to Tampa? Kids will be 16 & 11. Possibly Everglades air boat or Naples beach?

We have a BA voucher, any advice on booking flights now or waiting for BA January sale? Have always flown with Virgin previously. Probably adding car hire to BA booking.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Naples would be a big detour as we've found that the quickest way from Miami to WDW is up the east coast. The everglades is doable but in August, it's really hot and there's no shade. I'd suggest Fort Lauderdale and maybe a quick beach stop at West Palm Beach. Sometimes it's taken us 3.5 hours and sometimes it's taken 6. I'd say, if, you can head away from the airport and head past Miami for your hotel so that you can make a quicker getaway the next morning. In the morning, it can take 2 hours just to get past Miami. We're stayed in Aventura and Bar Harbour tp make that quick getaway.

Naples would be a big detour as we've found that the quickest way from Miami to WDW is up the east coast. The everglades is doable but in August, it's really hot and there's no shade. I'd suggest Fort Lauderdale and maybe a quick beach stop at West Palm Beach. Sometimes it's taken us 3.5 hours and sometimes it's taken 6. I'd say, if, you can head away from the airport and head past Miami for your hotel so that you can make a quicker getaway the next morning. In the morning, it can take 2 hours just to get past Miami. We're stayed in Aventura and Bar Harbour tp make that quick getaway.

Thank you. Probably going to make Tampa the first stop for BG, so thought Naples might be a possibility?
Good advice to try and clear Miami that evening.
6 hours? Wow!
The return journey we’ll have to allow plenty of time to make sure we get the flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter