AUGUST 2018 Car rental watch

For the $5 difference, book the standard. Alamo doesn't have a standard aisle. You get to choose a car from the full size aisle.

Yep, I know that. I was kinda surprised for the small diffference in rates. Checked today, $80 difference, and almost $60 more than my reservation I already have. Guess I will cancel my midsize one.

I find this year almost $100 over last year, same times. I tend to stick with Alamo, but all rental companies seem to be higher this year.

Yep, I have also found the pricing to be wacky. So far, I've got it down, now higher than first had. Best is to just keep checking, then canceling when find better deal.

I'm torn between a midsize and standard, as 5 dollars more for the standard, for the 10 days we are using the rental. Only 2 of us, but leaning on keeping the standard, as I like a bigger car.

Go with the standard for $5 more. It will be a full-size :thumbsup2

I used Autoslash and was able to get a full size at Alamo for 8/9 thru 8/16 for $207. I did have to pay up front but have an Alamo confirmation number. We are also picking up at MCO and dropping off at the Dolphin. When I tried to do that directly with the Alamo site, it was over $500. Very happy with our deal.

I used Autoslash and was able to get a full size at Alamo for 8/9 thru 8/16 for $207. I did have to pay up front but have an Alamo confirmation number. We are also picking up at MCO and dropping off at the Dolphin. When I tried to do that directly with the Alamo site, it was over $500. Very happy with our deal.
That is a great price! I am going to check it out now. Maybe there is hope!

Do you know if you can still check-in on line and skip the counter when booking via Autoslash?

Thank you,

Do you know if you can still check-in on line and skip the counter when booking via Autoslash?

Thank you,

Go to the Alamo website and key in your confirmation. If it comes up, you should be able to check in and skip the counter.

That is a great price! I am going to check it out now. Maybe there is hope!

Good luck, I checked reviews of autoslash and they have a good reputation. On facebook, they get great reviews. I am going to tell friends about them since the prices are a lot lower.

I just went on the Alamo website and was able to put in our Autoslash Alamo confirmation number and our reservation came right up and we are able to do online
check-in.

I had a reservations with Alamo using coupons from Sunday August 5 to August 12, picking up and returning to the Dolphin for 380. I checked autoslash to pick up from MCO on August 4 ( arrival day) and returning on the 12th at the Dolphin and it was 317.00 for a minivan!. I prepaid since we can always cancel 48 hours before if needed. The only downsize is that I won't be able to get the SW points or get a second driver, but oh well, we get it an extra day for a lot less money.

I just went on the Alamo website and was able to put in our Autoslash Alamo confirmation number and our reservation came right up and we are able to do online
check-in.

Did you book directly through Autoslash (ie. their prepaid rates)? I have a reservation and their alamo confirmation number was not eligible for online check-in. Autoslash and Alamo both told me that it wouldn't be possible to do an on-line check-in using a 3rd party booking such as Autoslash.

I checked into this Autoslash thing. I could have saved $150 on my Minivan, but that did not include an extra driver ... so I'm keeping my Costco rental. They were very cool though - I emailed them a question about it and had an answer within minutes. They seem like an excellent option and I would have prepaid and booked mine in a second to save the $$$. As for being able to online checkin, that seems to be no problem with Costco (you have to use your Alamo rez #, not the Costco rez #) ... wonder why it would be different with Autoslash.

I checked into this Autoslash thing. I could have saved $150 on my Minivan, but that did not include an extra driver ... so I'm keeping my Costco rental. They were very cool though - I emailed them a question about it and had an answer within minutes. They seem like an excellent option and I would have prepaid and booked mine in a second to save the $$$. As for being able to online checkin, that seems to be no problem with Costco (you have to use your Alamo rez #, not the Costco rez #) ... wonder why it would be different with Autoslash.

I was told by Alamo that the difference is in the actual reservation. AutoSlash will sometimes offer deeply discounted pre-paid rates that are treated differently than a typical reservation. My convertible rental is almost $400 cheaper through AutoSlash than any other booking site.

Just used Autoslash to get Alamo rates. It directed me to Priceline for booking. I used the Contract ID: 7014627 and Coupon Code: AD2365FDN from Priceline directly on the Alamo website. It appears this is a Costco/Alamo Insiders savings of $30, so it includes an additional driver and you have to provide your Costco Member ID. Have a Standard booked Aug 31-Sept 7 (including pre-paid fuel) for $276 all-in.

I submitted a quote request to Autoslash and never heard back. Am I doing something wrong? Do you see the quotes instantly or do you wait for them to get back to you. How do you submit the costco codes and coupons?? :confused3

I submitted a quote request to Autoslash and never heard back. Am I doing something wrong? Do you see the quotes instantly or do you wait for them to get back to you. How do you submit the costco codes and coupons?? :confused3
You receive an email with a link to click to see rates. I've tried a few times and autoslash is always more expensive that what I am finding myself.

Me too, tried autoslash, and no better than Alamo site, and more than my current reservation. I am still playing the check and try to beat the price game until I arrive at the airport.

Thanks for the heads up about Autoslash. I just booked a luxury for Aug 14-22 for $310. I had a standard booked for $300 so I think I made out well, I could have switched my booking to the Autoslash standard for $266 but given the length of the trip, thought we'd enjoy the luxury for a bit more.

One thing I didn't know is that once you get your quote, you can click on the link to book and modify your own search and perhaps find something a bit better. That's how I came across the luxury car. We could have also had a convertible for a crazy price but it wouldn't fit our party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!