August 2017

I also checked the summer discounts today and was able to apply the discount to my CR Garden wing which I have not been able to do before.

Checking back on this thread just to what others thinking of doing. I've been going back-and-forth between poly and grand Floridian, but I think I'm sticking with the Polynesian because with kids ages six and four, seems like the better fit. Lilo Clubhouse on site, splash pad that's not baking in the sun, easier access to Epcot for Parent night out. Maybe we will try the grand over Christmas sometime, or when kids are older.

Have there been any rumors about when free dining might come out for August? I'm already booked but have a friend who would like to go at the same time with free dining:) Thank you for any insight :)

Have there been any rumors about when free dining might come out for August? I'm already booked but have a friend who would like to go at the same time with free dining:) Thank you for any insight :)

On the Dining Plane Page (Under Restaurants) there are some rumblings in the waiting for Free Dining thread. I don't know how Steve and Ron are, but I always found Black to be reliable (I'm not saying the others aren't) and Danny is another one I always remember being reliable. I didn't even frequent the Disboards for free dining last year because I was going to Spain for 6 weeks, so I had no Disney plans. I think we booked our flights too early, but got a great deal on them, plus we got the Canadian ticket deal and the room only offer, so we still got a deal. We'll be ok without free dining.

Here is a summary of the free dining "RUMORS"

So Far the three who seem to have some credit so far are
Black
Steve
and Ron.

We have a lot of Info thanks to them they may not be able to give us all of the info we want. However, we should be thankful.
:thanks:Thanks, Black, Steve, and Ron, for being our open ears out there.

We know if the rumors be true.
1. Mods get QS
2. You must check in on one of the dates when FD is open, to receive it the whole trip.
3. If you book with a TA, Your TA is the only one who can make a change for you. If you trust your TA good for you. If you don't then have 200 ready for a deposit for a new reservation before the phone lines open, all online.
4. Starts Aug 13 or 21st?, No dates open in October, Some in Nov, most in Dec.
5. You can not get a RO deal and FD deal. It won't work.
6. This year if you have the GC from the CRB then that can be kept with FD added.
7. Drop date of FD is Mon the 24th.
8. The time varies year to year. Midnight east coast, to 4 am east coast, then maybe to 7 am when call centers open. No one knows.
9. You must upgrade from QS to TS meal plan 72 hours before your trip. / 48 hours for dvc.
10. This is all still just roumors. No one will know untill Monday what is really happening. We are all just Disney Fanatics taking every lead we can and running with it.

At least we are not alone! :rainbow:

'Free' dining is $1700 more than the TA exclusive room deal for the last week in Aug at AKL. Defintely sticking with my original reservation. :)

I priced out a comparison this morning. TA deal has us at the Poly for at least $1000 less then POR with Free Dining. I went back to confirm if the tickets would even be a bigger savings and it's already sold out. SO happy. :smooth:

I did not go with the special TA deal (ONE DAY!) because we went with 2 value rooms. We are still $1300 less. We were able to get the Canadian ticket special. Our dates were not the same, but I priced out the original dates I'd wanted in order to get free dining. I am fine with what we got!

Just like posted by others the TA exclusive deal is better than free dinning IMO. I am so glad I found this deal. Our TA deal is $2,526 for AKL 6 day base + 1 day at a water park. The free dinning promotion was $2,515 for POP 7 day park hopper water park and more. I upgraded to 1QS and 1TS dinning plan to get to the $2,515 price. These are the same price but with it being our honeymoon we would rather stay at AKL and pay for dinning then stay at POP with free dinning. Again I think this TA deal is unbeatable!

I would love some advice on finding a Disney travel agent. I'm starting to plan my family's second WDW trip, this August. We booked everything ourselves at the last minute last time, and got the Disney bug, but this time I'm interested in seeing how a TA might be able to help. I'd be open to specific suggestions if that's allowed here, or just info on how to find someone. I hope this is an OK place to ask.

Thanks, these boards are so helpful!

I would love some advice on finding a Disney travel agent. I'm starting to plan my family's second WDW trip, this August. We booked everything ourselves at the last minute last time, and got the Disney bug, but this time I'm interested in seeing how a TA might be able to help. I'd be open to specific suggestions if that's allowed here, or just info on how to find someone. I hope this is an OK place to ask.

Thanks, these boards are so helpful!

You will probably get some good suggestions by scanning this very thread!

You will probably get some good suggestions by scanning this very thread!

OK, I've looked through and I'm very confused. It looks like people are referencing a specific TA. I get that it's not allowed to name it, but I can't figure out how I would work it out. I also just wanted advice on how to find a reputable agent in general. But I hadn't realised 'til now that this board is affiliated with an agency so you can't get that kind of advice here. Oh well. Thanks for trying to help!

Likelihood of discounts? Planning a trip with sister, my 3 kiddos and her granddaughter. Dh says go (we've been every year the last 5 years)... But i am feeling gulity spending so much on vacation without him...early planning stages now.

Thinking value resort and quick service dining if discounted or free. Most likely traveling 3rd week or before. I teach so go back at end of August.

Struggling to book now and see what shakes out or wait.
There is already a summer resort discount out that includes August.

I have free dining late August to Labor Day (bounceback booked 8/2016) at POR garden view, but am 99% sure I'll cancel it and keep my TA BC deal! We never eat all the food on the DDP anyway.

We always were undecided between the great TA deal and free dining but now that we stayed in the deluxe resorts, the extra food (mostly desserts and snacks) are not worth giving up for staying at deluxe resorts.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, long time listener first time caller. I have a few questions that I was hoping for some help with. First, I found the TA mentioned here with the discounts. Is this a yearly "Labor Day Group" deal that they have put out in the past or is this one time only? I'm starting to plan an August 2018 trip so seeing this deal made me hope this was an annual offer. Second, if this is typically offered every year during late august stays, when does the TA release these rates so you can book a package? I can kind of follow timestamps but was hoping for a more definitive answer. Lastly, is it a flat percentage off the deluxe resorts or does it fluctuate by hotel? Just stayed last August at POR and wish I knew about this deal then. Any info/help is greatly appreciated.

Hi everyone, long time listener first time caller. I have a few questions that I was hoping for some help with. First, I found the TA mentioned here with the discounts. Is this a yearly "Labor Day Group" deal that they have put out in the past or is this one time only? I'm starting to plan an August 2018 trip so seeing this deal made me hope this was an annual offer. Second, if this is typically offered every year during late august stays, when does the TA release these rates so you can book a package? I can kind of follow timestamps but was hoping for a more definitive answer. Lastly, is it a flat percentage off the deluxe resorts or does it fluctuate by hotel? Just stayed last August at POR and wish I knew about this deal then. Any info/help is greatly appreciated.

From what my TA told me is yes this is each year and each hotel is different. Ask them to give you all of the options for each resort. Also, not all room types and deluxe resorts are included.

It's usually released in Fall. You can sign up for emails or like their FB page to find out as soon as it's released.

We always were undecided between the great TA deal and free dining but now that we stayed in the deluxe resorts, the extra food (mostly desserts and snacks) are not worth giving up for staying at deluxe resorts.
Do you mean the extra food IS worth giving up for staying deluxe resort?

(I'm still debating for Aug. '17 whether to stick with the FD BB at POR or BC.)

Probably easiest to just call the TA with questions. (We aren't allowed to discuss TAs on Disboards.)

Do you mean the extra food IS worth giving up for staying deluxe resort?

(I'm still debating for Aug. '17 whether to stick with the FD BB at POR or BC.)

We always used to stay at moderates and get free dining. It is nice having a lot of extra food but once we stayed at deluxe, walking or boating over to the parks can't be beat. Now we do deluxes and have a nice sit down dinner every night and usually split counter services for lunch and eat breakfast in the room. Our food bill is not that expensive. We don't order a lot of desserts or get soda and we spend under $200/night for food for our family of 5. It is going to be cheaper to stay at the YC/GF this year then stay at POR or CB with free dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!