"ATA is here to stay" sale

Disneylovers

DIS Veteran
For all of us Chicago area travelers who use ATA and have been stressing about the recent reports that the airline may stop flying out of Midway, in today's Chicago Tribune, there's a big ad:
"We're not leaving Chicago, but with fares like this, you can!
Some people are wondering if ATA is staying in Chicago.
Here's the answer. Absolutely. Yes.
In fact, you might as well call our current sale the
"ATA is Here to Stay" Sale. Because we're not going anywhere."

So, for now, we can all breathe a sigh of relief, and start dreaming about our next trip! (at least I know I am!):wave2:

Pat

You don't know how happy you have just made me! I have 6 tickets paid for with ata in december. Thanks for the update

Cool!
I didn't see the ad, but I hold tickets on many ATA flights through the beginning of December and have earned about a bazillion free companion tickets. As you can imagine, I don't want to see them disappear!
Barb

mee too thanks for the info i was thinking about ata all night because i am doing air this week and i wanted ata so bad now i am so happy thanks again

YIPPIEEEEEEEEE!!!! I'm thrilled!

:jumping1:

Some observations on the site:

Did anyone else notice that when you put your dates in to check flight times and prices, ATA has changed their web site structure so you can no longer see the prices for all flights at once? It is a now a less user friendly site where you have to keep checking off flight times individually in order to see the price. It is now more time consuming to compare flight costs per departure time, more frustrating to use. I notice lots of other airlines use this monotonous method, but I liked that ATA was more user friendly than others. :(

Also, now maybe I'm doing something wrong, but when I try to go through the process of booking their sale price of $59 from MDW to MCO for the dates included in their sale, the price is not $59 at all like the site states ($118 rt) , but $96.74 before taxes (193.49 rt). There must be some pretty hefty fees included. Either that, or the time of day I chose was not part of the sale, but it's more difficult to figure out which times ARE included since you can't see the prices of each flight until you have decided on one.

Don't get me wrong, I am so happy ATA is staying, I'm just posting my observations. :)

Tink

I noticed the "less user friendly" site. But this morning when I was checking prices they have the $$ listed again. Still not the $$ I'm hoping for though :rolleyes: I'm glad to hear they're not pulling out though. ::yes::

We usually find that the cheapest fares are not available for the flight times we want either. I suspect they are very limited. Thankfully, we've managed to catch some good deals. It's a matter of checking every day or so, which my husband is compulsive about!
They are making changes to the website to accomodate the Elite program and the new business class seating charts. Things should stabilize once that have that all implemented.
Barb

Thanks for the info on the web site. I was so happy to see the prices were back up there when I looked today. :)

Tink

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter