At what point in queue do you request momentary stop for loading?

erinch

Parsing the same ee cummings poem for 20 years
We are presently here on a trip. My DH is 6 months post-op for a broken hip. He is doing well, all things considered, but feels unsteady getting into omnimovers. He is anxious about falling again. Epcot yesterday. Today we will be MK, and he is very anxious about PP and HM and Peoplemover. Oh and Little Mermaid and Pooh. If I wanted to ask them to stop momentarily so he can be steady in loading is it the CM putting people in vehicles, or earlier? TY

I don't believe either PeterPan or the PeopleMover can be stopped. Possibly slowed, but it becomes a safety risk to those already loaded so they only stop for emergencies.

But as to when to mention it... I mention it to every CM along the queue. For some rides you may need to load at the unload, in which case they'll have to direct you accordingly; asking at the loading area may be too late.

Little Mermaid and Mansion can be stopped, for Mansion, they will take you to the exit to load after the stretching room, so mention it to the CM right before you enter the stretching room. For Little Mermaid, they stop it there, just let them know when you get close to the boarding area and they will direct you.

Peter Pan is trickier, DH has had them offer to stop it for him, even though he doesn’t need that, but he thought it odd since he knows they aren’t supposed to stop it. But there are also reports that if you go first thing (early entry for hotel guests) or basically one of the last rides of the night, they may be able to stop it for you if you ask nicely. There is no guarantee in any way, as they are not supposed to stop it by all accounts.

People Mover says they can’t stop it, but we have seen it stopped for loading and unloading on occasion, so no clue on that one.

Winnie the Pooh is not an omni-mover system, so no issues there.

I agree with lanejudy. Let each CM along the queue know.
The biggest problem with People Mover is the very steep speed ramp to get up and down from the ground to the elevated load/unload area. The angle of the speed ramp might possibly be uncomfortable for his hip - not sure, it might be something to consider.
The load/unload area can be slowed, but they don't like to stop it because when it stops, people have actually gotten off the ride. Because of the issues with people trying to get off, they tend to try to slow the moving walkways instead of stopping as much as possible.

Little Mermaid can be slowed or stopped, and it is slowed or stopped quite often.
Haunted Mansion can be stopped at the unload area, but only on a specific car. So, you may have a wait.

Peter Pan isn't supposed to be stopped, except in very rare situations, like a child on a Make a Wish trip according to CMs I have spoken to. The reason is the 'pirate ship' is suspended above ground and if it does stop, it causes a jolt. As Evita_W mentioned, people have reported riding it first thing or last thing of the day. From what I've read, no one else on and it's stopped for the group to get on, ride and then get off.

Pooh doesn't have a moving walkway. It stops for each group to load and unload.

All went well today. There were about 4 empty doom buggies ahead by the time we made it to ours, but it went fine. Peter Pan she offered to slow if needed, but he did okay. Oddly small world was the hardest, because he is tall and the seats are so low down it hurt bending that far.

All went well today. There were about 4 empty doom buggies ahead by the time we made it to ours, but it went fine. Peter Pan she offered to slow if needed, but he did okay. Oddly small world was the hardest, because he is tall and the seats are so low down it hurt bending that far.
Small World is the one attraction where DH asks to transfer to a wheelchair and remain in the wheelchair for that very reason. It should be noted the boats for the boat ride in the Mexico Pavilion at EPCOT are the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter