At what age is child considered an adult at resorts?

christianweecare

DIS Veteran
I'm sorry to ask this question as I know that it has been discussed many times before. My sister just asked this question, and I could not remember the answer. I remember seeing this before but cannot remember the details. At what age are children considered adults at the resorts when staying with parents. Also, how much do the different resorts charge for the extra person above two adults? Thank you in advance! I know all you Dis'ers out there will come through with the answer!

Every resort charges $25 per extra adult (3rd, 4th, etc. ) you are considered an adult at 18

Has the extra fee changed? I thought it was varying amounts dependent on the resort. Another words, $10 extra at a value resort, $15 extra at a moderate resort, etc. Does anyone know the particulars to this?

You are correct. It is $10 plus tax per extra adult at the value resorts, $15 at the moderate resorts and $25 at the deluxe resorts.

Thank you all! Just the info I needed! That is what I thought, but I did not want to pass on incorrect info to my sister!

Christianweecare, don't forget that one of the most valuable resources regarding Walt Disney World is the www.disneyworld.com website. If you look at any of the "Room Rates" webpages for the WDW resorts, at the bottom of those pages, and in very fine print, you will find what price will be charged for more than two adults in a resort room.

Example: The All-Star Music Resort's "Room Rates" webpage states the following:

- - - - - - -
2003 Room Rates
(tax not included)

Room Type Value Regular Peak Holiday
Standard Room $ 77 $ 99 $ 109 $ 114
Preferred Room $ 87 $ 109 $ 119 $ 124

Value season for 2003 is 1/1 - 2/12, 8/24 - 10/1, 11/2 - 12/19
Regular season for 2003 is 4/27 - 8/23, 10/2 - 11/1
Peak season for 2003 is 2/13 - 4/26
Holiday season for 2003 is 12/20 - 12/31

Standard rooms have a maximum four-person occupancy per room. Prices are per room and do not include the 12% Resort tax. There is an additional adult charge of $10 per adult per night for more than two adults in a room. Prices, benefits and other terms are subject to change without notice. Length-of-stay requirements may apply. Rooms subject to availability. Certain nights are already sold out. Prices are in U.S. dollars.
- - - - - - -

Thanks Janet2K! This is one of those cases where you know you have read the information somewhere but could not remember where! Thanks for heading me in the right direction!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter