At SSR now - Are members supposed to make the beds?

Euchre_U

Hoosier born, Texas bed
We checked into SSR (1 BR) yesterday, and after a LONG day in the MK we came back and the fold-out couch sleeper bed wasn't made. I was tired and this wasn't magical in any way, shape, or form. We stayed in Aulani 1br last year - both the sofa sleeper and pull down were made ready to use. BCV (own there) and BWL - no issues either.

Has there been a mouse-keeping change that I'm not aware?

Any help on how to discusss this with SSR I would be appreciated.

Small issue, but just doesn't seem right.

Thanks,

KGH

Are you staying on a cash reservation? If not, then no, nothing should have been made. Only quick trash service daily. Everything else comes on either day 4, or not at all, depending on your length of stay.

We are BCV members - so on day of checkin, not been in the room at all - the beds are not required to be ready to made anymore?

I’ve never seen them pre-made but haven’t stayed at BCV either. The bedding for the sofa is in the closet. We always ask for extra blankets.

I think you have to make arrangements for the "turn-down" service which would include the sofa bed being made.

Okay - just called guest services; pull-out is supposed to have mattress cover and bed sheets on them. Pillows and blankets are (were) in the closet. Extra blankets pillows available upon request. So pull outs in the 1BR's are supposed to be in a state of "ready to use" when you check in.

I might be crazy, but I'm not any crazier than when I started yesterday.

Okay - just called guest services; pull-out is supposed to have mattress cover and bed sheets on them. Pillows and blankets are (were) in the closet. Extra blankets pillows available upon request. So pull outs in the 1BR's are supposed to be in a state of "ready to use" when you check in.

I might be crazy, but I'm not any crazier than when I started yesterday.

Just to confirm, are you saying when you got to your room, the sofa bed was just a bare mattress? If so, then no, I have never had a sofa bed/sleeper chair that was completely bare with no sheets. For us the sheets/mattress cover have been on.

Also when we check out, we leave the sofa bed open and pull all the bedding off so they know it's been used and to change the sheets.

I think it varys among resorts. It shouldn’t but it does. When I arrived at Kidani in January, my pull out had a clean mattress pad. When I went to go to bed that night, we were surprised by this. Housekeeping said it was a new policy not to make up the pullouts.

A few days later, I checked into Boardwalk Villas. That pullout was fully made up with clean sheets. You could tell the sheets were fresh—crisp and the bed was tightly made.

I prefer that they make up the pullouts. They do a better job than I do and the sheets stay on better between full cleans.

We always use the pull out sofa bed, and I can't remember the last time the sofa had sheets already on it. At least for the past few years we always need to put sheets on it ourselves.

Been DV since 2006. 20 trips and we are family of 5 who use the sofa beds and chairs all the time. You have to pull bed out and sheets should be on it
Then you get blanket and pillows out of closet. A couple times we have been missing either sheets or blanket or pillows or some combination.

If you check in and find the sofa/chair already made up, they are most likely dirty from the previous occupant.

This is actually opposite from what we’ve been told by more than one resort’s housekeeping.

We have been told that they make the bed, or are supposed to, for checkin.

(Yes Dvc resort, yes on points)

It's been half and half for us. If we use it we leave it open for housekeeping so they know it's been used or even strip it for them.

If you check in and find the sofa/chair already made up, they are most likely dirty from the previous occupant.
After opening an obviously used and stained bed, I would much prefer clean sheets “on the side” vs requesting new sheets and waiting when everyone is tired at night.

Unfortunately our recent experience is also dirty sheets remaining on both a sofa bed and in a trip before that on the murphy bed.

But.....they should be made up with clean sheets and not left bare. I don't think housekeeping always opens them up and changes them though if they are closed up and put away and that's why you can end up with dirty sheets.

Been DV since 2006. 20 trips and we are family of 5 who use the sofa beds and chairs all the time. You have to pull bed out and sheets should be on it
Then you get blanket and pillows out of closet. A couple times we have been missing either sheets or blanket or pillows or some combination.

This has been our experience.

We always use the pull out sofa bed, and I can't remember the last time the sofa had sheets already on it. At least for the past few years we always need to put sheets on it ourselves.
How do they consider DVC to be luxury/deluxe? Sleeping on a sofa bed does not sound very comfortable. Having to make up the beds does not sound like vacation to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!