As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

All the changes, I am so proud :) I'll introduce myself since this is a friendly, happy place. I am Jeanette, and I've been known as the Queen of the Resort changers. I have been MIA on the DIS, but not for lack of changing.... I've got a beautiful extended family of DISers I have met here and treasure dearly. There is a great bond amongst changers and a wonderful love of Disney. I have a bunch of kiddos (DS16, DD13 on Thursday, DD11, DD10, and DS8...he will be 9 on Epcot's birthday) and a Universal lovin' hubby. I am in the last 11 weeks of graduate school, and I work as a nurse.

I will be at Universal 10/6-9.
Started in early November at BC CL, DMIL rescheduled her heart surgery so I moved the trip up to October, it was a DL trip, then Universal, then WDW, then DL again, than BWV and now it's HRH at Universal.

Welcome all to the RC gang!!!

All the changes, I am so proud :) I'll introduce myself since this is a friendly, happy place. I am Jeanette, and I've been known as the Queen of the Resort changers. I have been MIA on the DIS, but not for lack of changing.... I've got a beautiful extended family of DISers I have met here and treasure dearly. There is a great bond amongst changers and a wonderful love of Disney. I have a bunch of kiddos (DS16, DD13 on Thursday, DD11, DD10, and DS8...he will be 9 on Epcot's birthday) and a Universal lovin' hubby. I am in the last 11 weeks of graduate school, and I work as a nurse.

Started in early November at BC CL, DMIL rescheduled her heart surgery so I moved the trip up to October, it was a DL trip, then Universal, then WDW, then DL again, than BWV and now it's HRH at Universal.

Hi Pas! Good to hear from you again. We just got back from DL trip, it was amazing. Going to WDW in Nov.
Happy Birthday to DD! Enjoy Universal. I want to go back!

Jeanette, how didI not know your at US now? Last I knew you were booked at both DL & WDW ? LOL
Your still the queen of the RC

Last edited:
I must admit that I check frequently also to see if there is something new available... October is definite at BLT but there is still a lot of time left for December popcorn::

Hi all! I'm in the midst of a resort changing dilemma so I sure am glad I found this thread! We are currently booked for 5 nights at POP next April with fingers crossed for a renovated room. BUT, today I see that discounts for our dates have been released and I couldn't help myself from searching our dates. And oh the lure of the deluxes is getting' me. Both YC and AKL have rooms available for our dates. I've honed in on these two because we've never stayed either of these resorts and I do really love trying new things. I adore the location of the YC (have stayed at BC and BWI before) but the unique theme of AKL is really appealing to me too, plus that upgrade would be about $500 cheaper than YC. Of course either of these options is a lot more $$ than what we currently have booked, so I keep getting the nagging thought that if we stay with what we have all that money could cover food, souvenirs, etc. Oh what to do, what to do??

And on a practical note, if we DO decide to switch resorts. What's the best way to go about it? Should we book the new reservation online, make sure it's all set, and then cancel the POP reservation (it's a package with tickets)?

Thanks for listening to (reading) my ramble!

Hi all! I'm in the midst of a resort changing dilemma so I sure am glad I found this thread! We are currently booked for 5 nights at POP next April with fingers crossed for a renovated room. BUT, today I see that discounts for our dates have been released and I couldn't help myself from searching our dates. And oh the lure of the deluxes is getting' me. Both YC and AKL have rooms available for our dates. I've honed in on these two because we've never stayed either of these resorts and I do really love trying new things. I adore the location of the YC (have stayed at BC and BWI before) but the unique theme of AKL is really appealing to me too, plus that upgrade would be about $500 cheaper than YC. Of course either of these options is a lot more $$ than what we currently have booked, so I keep getting the nagging thought that if we stay with what we have all that money could cover food, souvenirs, etc. Oh what to do, what to do??

And on a practical note, if we DO decide to switch resorts. What's the best way to go about it? Should we book the new reservation online, make sure it's all set, and then cancel the POP reservation (it's a package with tickets)?

Thanks for listening to (reading) my ramble!
Just call, it's so much easier to call and have the CMs take care of it easy peasy. April is Flower and Garden and YC has the new rooms...where AKL is smaller and more remote (the rooms are smaller I should say...HAPPY PLANNING

Just call, it's so much easier to call and have the CMs take care of it easy peasy. April is Flower and Garden and YC has the new rooms...where AKL is smaller and more remote (the rooms are smaller I should say...HAPPY PLANNING
Thanks so much for responding! I ended up hemming and hawing so long that the discounted rooms at YC and AKL for the length of our stay were no longer available:sad1:! BUT, I was able to work out a split stay that allowed us to take advantage of the discount at POP for the first half our our stay and AKL for the second half. I feel good about the choice. We're planning to switch on a non-park day and enjoy the resort. Then we're ending the trip with Animal Kingdom as our final park (fingers crossed for FOP FPs, lol!).

I’ll join in. My ticker has changed 3 times just this week, and 6 times in 2 months. But after scoring CL at Jambo with DVC, I can guarantee it won’t be changing again.:rotfl:But I still have next November trip to switch a zillion times......

I thought working with a TA would make me less change happy.

Not so much.

I started with AKL standard.

Then rethought that given how little time I plan to spend in the room. So changed it to AoA.

Then rethought that - the double beds thing, not being a huge LM fan, etc. - and today changed to POFQ Garden View. It seemed like the best compromise - queen beds, but not AS much as a Deluxe cost-wise. If we knew for sure that CBR was going to have legit food options and not the truck and tent thing, I would have gone with that...but given that i'm gluten-free and have not read the greatest reviews of the current situation with food allergies, I decided against it. I know rumor is end of 2017, but we all know how these things go, and Feb 2018 isn't that long after "end of 2017" in construction-speak.

Changed again to Sports Preferred. I am happy with the rate so am staying put.

Now I am obsessively changing ADRs. LOL

This is my problem and I leave in 4 days. Stuff still pops up occasionally too. But resorts are set ( I think)
Have a great trip! We just got back 3 weeks ago from WDW. Seems like forever lol. Have WL booked for Aug. after this past trip where we had ADRs every day (as usual) we decided next trip to go without. Except for a few key ones. Since we are staying at WL we love Trails End so plan on a breakfast and dinner. And maybe SciFi and Kona. For our 2 weeks. We found we were really constrained this time by ADRs. I think for us going without will be very freeing. And the CS places really improved their menus. Could go for 2 weeks CS without one burger! So don’t sweat the ADRs.

We really don't have many ADR's as I too, feel they are time constraining. This trip it was mostly due to expected crowds...and tweaking of times.
Annnnd DH asked about CRT -about maybe taking our DCP kid there as last meal-he asked a week ago. I :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:. But put in an alert on mouse dining and one popped up last night. Decided NOT to take it...going to do some tours instead. And added a dessert party. I need to stop now LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!