Arizona and Utah Itineraries

June 2017, we did Tauck Bridges London / Paris tour. Blown away by service, hotels, guides, and private transfers with Tauck.

We chose ABD over Tauck for upcoming Easter holiday Arizona / Utah trip simply because Tauck included Las Vegas which we visited previously with our teen.

I can’t comment on ABD tour yet as we leave in a few weeks. However, one major difference for us is the airport transfers. Tauck uses private transfers which leave arrival and departures completely up to you. You can arrive a few days early and still get transferred no problem. Disney mandates arriving and departing within a limited time frame so that all guests can be transferred at one time. We tried booking a flight home that was 20minutes prior to the 11am mandates time and was told to either book another flight (which meant us being at airport from 11am-4pm) or paying for a private 2 hour transfer which we did.

I'm a planner, so I've got our destinations for the next few years mapped out. At this point, I'm planning on the Bridges Rome/Amalfi tour for 2020, so I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your trip with them. I'm having a very hard time figuring out this Grand Canyon trip, though. I've thrown Classic Journeys back into the mix. I wish I could find more reviews on their trips, though. It doesn't seem to be a popular choice of the folks on this board.

Please do a trip report on the new itinerary! We are traveling on this adventure in late May.

Another side note regarding Tauck versus ABD.

Gratuity — For Tauck, ALL tips including the company tour guides are included in the original price. For ABD, gratuity for adventure guides is NOT included and further explained at the end of the Adventure Handbook. This alone will add an extra $500 for my family of three.

Last edited:
I'm a planner, so I've got our destinations for the next few years mapped out. At this point, I'm planning on the Bridges Rome/Amalfi tour for 2020, so I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your trip with them. I'm having a very hard time figuring out this Grand Canyon trip, though. I've thrown Classic Journeys back into the mix. I wish I could find more reviews on their trips, though. It doesn't seem to be a popular choice of the folks on this board.

Tauck has a better website with forums logically (mostly) separated by location making information gathering quick and easy.

Another side note regarding Tauck versus ABD.

Gratuity — For Tauck, ALL tips including the company tour guides, any local tour guides, and any wait staff are included in the original price. For ABD, gratuity is NOT included and further explained at the end of the Adventure Handbook. This alone will add an extra $500 for my family of three.
Just wanted to clarify for people reading here that ABD *does* include tips for any local tour guides and any wait staff on included activities/meals. As well as all drivers, housekeeping and porters/bellmen in the ABD hotels. The only tip that isn't covered is for the Adventure Guides. This is also explained in the FAQs on ABD's website.

Sayhello

Last edited:
Just wanted to clarify for people reading here that ABD *does* include tips for any local tour guides and any wait staff on included activities/meals. As well as all drivers, housekeeping and porters/bellmen in the ABD hotels. The only tip that isn't covered is for the Adventure Guides. This is also explained in the FAQs on ABD's website.

Sayhello

Thank you. I’ll amend my post. Good to know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!