Are you on the Wonder right now?

plutojudy

When you wish upon a star.....
If so, where are you? Did you go to Nassau as planned? We have friends on the Wonder and would like to find out where they are. What are they telling you regarding Isabella?

Pkutojudy,

I believe they were told before they left that they would be headed to Castaway Cay today. They will try for Nassau tomorrow or be re-directed at that point.

I was wondering the same thing. I have friends on their honeymoon on this cruise. This trip is their first WDW/DCL trip ever! I hope it is enjoyable for them, even with Isabella lurking around them! You can't go wrong with Castaway Cay, so at least it sounds like it got off to a good start!

I would love to hear from someone on the Wonder....we are sailing on Thursday. How are the seas?

We just got off the Wonder on 9/14. On Sunday our server told us that they were still undecided, but were likely heading to Castaway Cay first. The next day was up in the air with Nassau and Key West as options.

Those lucky ducks! :) Getting Castaway Cay first with Key West as a possibility is even a BETTER itinerary.

I've been on a redirected cruise before, on the Magic, and it was GREAT. :) There were three active hurricanes at the time and at one point we may have had to be SERIOUSLY diverted (up the East Coast with no Caribbean at all) but thankfully that did not materialize. We ended up in Key West instead of St. Maarten (this was before the Western itinerary began).

On Sept 12th, the Department of State Issued a Travel Warning concerning US Citizens and the Bahamas, with respect to Hurricane Isabel. It is still in effect on Monday evening, 9/15.

I would think this is a major factor for DCL when trying to decide the itinerary for the current cruise on the Wonder. If I were steering the ship (like that could ever happen!) I think I would head to Key West, and then back to Castaway Cay again, if possible. If I couldn't get to Cataway Cay again, then a relaxing day at sea ending with a slow trip back to Port Canaveral would be my next choice.

I'm not for sure if Castaway Cay is considered part of the Bahamas, but I think it is. I'm taking into account that even on a 7 day cruise on the Magic, I think you have to fill in the form for travel to the Bahamas. If I'm wrong, someone can correct me.

Here is a link to the Travel Warning:
http://travel.state.gov/bahamas_warning.html

And the latest advisory from the National Hurricane Center says the position of Isabel is about 470 miles east of Nassau at approximately 4pm est, and it's moving NW at 8 mph.

hth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter