Are There Rooms that Disney Does NOT Discount?

bigeyedfish

Mouseketeer
Or that rarely receive discounts? Still debating our stay and was wondering if we might run across this! TY!

Yes there are. Also unless you have a discount in hand don't plan for one. They are becoming harder and harder to book.

Port Orleans French Quarter is almost never included.

Grand Villas I believe are few and far between on discounts.

Poly Bungalows and Cooper Creek won't have discounts for a couple years if ever.

Yes there are. Also unless you have a discount in hand don't plan for one. They are becoming harder and harder to book.

Port Orleans French Quarter is almost never included.

Grand Villas I believe are few and far between on discounts.

Poly Bungalows and Cooper Creek won't have discounts for a couple years if ever.

Disney website shows most of CCV discounted approximately 30% around Labor Day, 2017...

the suites at the Disney resort use to not be discounted - although heard that policy had changed?

Yes, I've got one! :rotfl2:Wanted Wilderness Lodge for our December trip and nothing was available. A Courtyard View room popped up and I grabbed it, rack rate. Although, I guess there is a discount - the "discount" is that I don't have to pay for a more expensive room at the Poly or the Grand! :cool2:

Disney website shows most of CCV discounted approximately 30% around Labor Day, 2017...

Ah interesting just looked and it is Art of Animation Little Mermaid Rooms, 3 Bedroom Villas, and Poly Bungalows. I guess when Wilderness lodge gets their bungalows that will be what is not as easily available. I do wonder if CCV right now is just because it is not fully sold and is relatively new so most people did not book it.

I did see it come up as an option for us to move to in October but it was 1K a night.

What about Standard rooms at the Poly? We will be there March 1 - 7th, 2018 and I am patiently waiting for discounts to be released in early Fall. If those rooms don't get discounted we will end up at POR potentially. Or a cheaper hotel room that sleeps 5! I do not care for the fact that so many rooms include couches as a place to sleep!

What about Standard rooms at the Poly? We will be there March 1 - 7th, 2018 and I am patiently waiting for discounts to be released in early Fall. If those rooms don't get discounted we will end up at POR potentially. Or a cheaper hotel room that sleeps 5! I do not care for the fact that so many rooms include couches as a place to sleep!

Regular rooms are but again don't get your heart set on some where that requires a discount.

Just not the 5th bed at Poly is actually pretty comfortable. They aren't standard pull out couches but instead are pull down couches so they have a pretty standard mattress (just slightly smaller than twin) on them. I slept on one for 5 days even after running a half marathon and had no qualms about it.

It's not that Standard Rooms at Poly are specifically excluded from discount, but in general, it is difficult to find availability for a Poly Standard to receive a discount. They book up without a Disney discount, so Disney usually are seen discounting Lagoon and Theme Park rooms at Poly, rather than Standards.

I would expect, also, to see Poly Studio Villas join the "no villas on the monorail line" general exclusion of discount once Poly finishes its last unit declaration to DVC/sells out. Copper Creek will discount for a while, as Disney own 75% of the units there right now.

the suites at the Disney resort use to not be discounted - although heard that policy had changed?
I used to think that as well but I have over the phone been offered a variety of suites at up to 30% discount. The most recent one was at the Poly when I was looking for a discount at the GF RPC and there were no rooms available but they offered me a suite in the Tonga building at a nice discount. We booked it but then ended up changing when a TPV room at the GF became available. Still have never stayed at the Poly but it's on my list! I know I have also been offered a suite at the AK and the YC when checking discounts for CL rooms at those hotels.

While WDW will release discounts with explicit exclusions (AoA Little Mermaid, grand villas, etc.) that doesn't mean every other resort/room category is included in the discount. It means they might be "eligible" for discounts, but there is no guarantee the resort and room category you've chosen now will be available in discount inventory when the discount is released. There is just no way to game this to ensure the room you pick will eventually be discounted.

The day beds in the deluxe resorts are actually really comfortable. You don't sleep on the "couch" portion of the day bed. The back portion of the bed flips down and it's about the size of a twin bed. I've slept on one at Poly, BC and CR and they've all been very comfortable.

I meant mostly the Villas. I'm assuming it is a full-size couch that pulls out. That is why we are hoping for a Resort room with two Queens and a twin-size pull down (which limits our choices further!).

Two weeks after AoA opened we stayed in a Little Mermaid Room with a discount rate. POFQ doesn't usually get discounted, but currently it is offered for 0-10% off, yes zero to ten percent off, Oct. 8 - Dec. 24. So, I would never say never.

Had anyone actually gotten a discount of the CCV's? I see where it shows the discount, but when you click it all prices are rack rate. I have the hotel booked and it won't let me apply a discount online

I meant mostly the Villas. I'm assuming it is a full-size couch that pulls out. That is why we are hoping for a Resort room with two Queens and a twin-size pull down (which limits our choices further!).

In the villas, yes, it's a queen size couch that pulls out and, IMHO, it's definitely not as comfortable as the day beds in the deluxe resorts (BC/YC, BWI, Poly, GF, CR). Personally, I don't think you'll have a problem finding something at one of those resorts at a discount. The problem may be the room category as the trend seems to be to discount the higher priced categories.

My advice would be to join the thread in the Disney Resort Discount section of these boards to see what others are doing for discounts in your travel timeframe. Some agencies do group blocks over certain travel periods and some wholesalers (Orbitz, Expedia) will have discounts and inventory you won't see on the WDW site.

Two weeks after AoA opened we stayed in a Little Mermaid Room with a discount rate. POFQ doesn't usually get discounted, but currently it is offered for 0-10% off, yes zero to ten percent off, Oct. 8 - Dec. 24. So, I would never say never.
Yes, FQ does get discounts at times, but it's one of the Resorts rarely included. We have stayed there during one of the rare times it was included in an AP discount, last year.
I think the discount you got for LM is the only one that has ever been offered. Didn't LM rooms open first? So if you stayed there 2 weeks after it opened the suites were still under construction, right? Wonder if that's why it was discounted? Anyway, they have most definitely been excluded from that point on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter