Are the sofa beds comfortable....

I have tried several, including the one at the GF villas. It was more comfortable than many sofa beds, but definitely NOT what I would call comfortable. I wouldn't want to spend any amount of time trying to sleep on one. Young people may well be fine, IDK. All I know is: its not for us.

I can't understand how Disney can get away with charging so much for units with just one bed.... I like to stay onsite, but my sleep ismore important to me. I would stay offsite before trying to sleep on a pull out.

OP, unless you are talking deluxe as in DVC, Disney deluxe resorts have two queens in most 'regular' rooms (unless you book a King bed). The daybeds aren't too bad for a small, younger person.

My adult daughters used the pullout sofa bed at Boulder Ridge and said it was more than fine. We are returning this year and they said it would not be a problem.

I recall going with my parents and siblings, I was the one ended up sleeping on the sleeper sofa. I hated it. I felt like I was sleeping on a hefty bag and nothing else. Even the toppers didn't help.
Well this next trip, my brother will be joining us about 1/2 way through the trip so my daughter is going to sleep on the sleeper sofa. (she is not a light sleeper and loves to toss around in bed) We were thinking of getting an air mattress to put on TOP of the sleeper sofa. That way she had some support, and didn't have to deal with the bars and frame on her back. Has anyone tried this as a solution before?

~D

DS who is 31, tall and weighs 200+ pounds and often travels with us has become the sofa bed expert. He did not like either the BLT folding chair or the sofa bed. He thought the Poly regular room folding couch bed very comfortable as well as the Poly DVC studio sofa bed. He also liked the folding couch bed at the Contemporary. Outside of Disney he categorically hates sofa beds in general.

In November we stayed in a 1bdr at Kidani and gave my parents the bedroom so DH and I took the sofa bed and I would not call it comfortable. I believe you can request an egg crate topper for it, which should help, but it certainly wasn't as comfortable as a regular bed, and I was feeling it each morning.

I have tried several, including the one at the GF villas. It was more comfortable than many sofa beds, but definitely NOT what I would call comfortable. I wouldn't want to spend any amount of time trying to sleep on one. Young people may well be fine, IDK. All I know is: its not for us.

I can't understand how Disney can get away with charging so much for units with just one bed.... I like to stay onsite, but my sleep ismore important to me. I would stay offsite before trying to sleep on a pull out.

OP, unless you are talking deluxe as in DVC, Disney deluxe resorts have two queens in most 'regular' rooms (unless you book a King bed). The daybeds aren't too bad for a small, younger person.

I recall going with my parents and siblings, I was the one ended up sleeping on the sleeper sofa. I hated it. I felt like I was sleeping on a hefty bag and nothing else. Even the toppers didn't help.
Well this next trip, my brother will be joining us about 1/2 way through the trip so my daughter is going to sleep on the sleeper sofa. (she is not a light sleeper and loves to toss around in bed) We were thinking of getting an air mattress to put on TOP of the sleeper sofa. That way she had some support, and didn't have to deal with the bars and frame on her back. Has anyone tried this as a solution before?

~D

Yep to all of the above!!

We always stay in a 1 bedroom villa and our kids 9 and 12 were fine sleeping on it

We stayed atWilderness Lodge l villas last month and I spent a night on the pull out sofa bed. It was awf ul. I tried asking for an egg crate top, but they didn't seem to know what I was talking about. It made for an uncomfortable night of sleep. It creaked loudly every time you turned and I felt the bar all night. The worst!

Like Babsy mentioned above , I don't know how Disney gets away with charging so much for DVC units with only one bed.
We always stay in a 1 bedroom villa as I need the washer drier, extra space and full fridge. But for our purposes, we would be much better off the with the 2 queen beds that are in the deluxe rooms as opposed to the king size bed and uncomfortable as heck sleeper sofa in the 1 bedroom villas.

Everyone has his/her own threshold for what he/she can tolerate, but IMO the sofa beds are not at all comfortable. I slept in one most recently at SSR and found it to be bearable at best. Real beds at a moderate or deluxe are significantly more comfortable. I stayed at AoA on the trip prior and found the beds there to be uncomfortable as well. My other recent stays were at CBR and Yacht Club and they were both much better bed-wise. For an adult couple, I recommend avoiding the sofa bed if possible.

I personally think the older sleeper sofas were better, but the new ones are not that bad. Honestly, I have slept in the murphy beds before and the sleeper sofas are more comfortable, but I was lazy didn't to always have to put the bed up. I haven't slept on any of the pull outs since 2015, so things may have changed.

My DS loved the daybed at the Poly (said it was very comfortable), but hated it at the GF. He said there was a bar/band going across the middle of it that made it very hard for him to sleep. He only slept on it one night as it was too unbearable to do any more than that.

I slept on one just for a few hours to cuddle with my the 2 year olds, so uncomfortable- for kids maybe yeah and adults not so much. We were in a villa - have fun

I see some people say that mattress toppers may be available if requested. Can someone please confirm that? - Thanks

The sleeper sofas in the villas tend to be platforms with three section foam pads. The sleeper chair at BLT, AKV and OKW is similar.

I think some of the confusion with your answers are not just villa vs deluxe but queen vs full size. I have a bad back and my CP DD does also so neither of us would be comfortable on them at all, but we are not comfortable on pop mattresses either. But my ex and my other DD have slept on many many of the extra beds and here is what they say.

The day beds are comfy, they love the ones at SoG and almost all the deluxe resorts except the old poly and the yacht but I think they have been changed out. The Murphy beds they love the double and queen ones, but hate the twin ones, they face the wrong way so the pillow falls off all night, they can't watch tv in bed, and they bang there head, feet and body all night long when they roll over.

They hate hate hate every full size or double size pull out couch no matter what resort they are in, they all suck. But the have an okay night on the queen size ones. So when you talk deluxe resort, in order to get a queen size pull out I think you have to get either a suite or a deluxe room, which I think only WL, BC, GF and BWI have, these would be rooms that have two queen size beds and a queen pull out couch, they seem to be very comfort. In a villa a studio has a full size so in a villa you are talking a one bedroom, I never rented but I think two bedrooms have them also.

I can say at nap time when we were upgraded to the hospitality suite (huge huge huge room) at contemporary, a few years ago, I would lay down with granddaughter and fall asleep, and that pull out sofa was very comfy, it was a queen size. It had a regular mattress on it, to sleep 10 days, I doubt it but for a few nights I think I could have made it. The one in a deluxe room at beach club was like it, full size queen mattress very thick and felt very comfy. But the full size at BRV in a studio did not look or feel comfy to me and the mattress was thin. As I say, never slept in one but just looking at them there was a huge difference.

I agree, I don't know how Disney charges so much for rooms with 2 in mattresses, I assume most kids don mind and others are not complaining because they are in Disney. But we pay the extra $100 to stay deluxe room in deluxe resort or we pay the extra points to stay in a one bedroom with a queen pull out.

We can't stand them and have never had a comfortable one. We have tried them at AKL-J, BC, and WLV. They were truly horrible- with the metal bar across your back and sagging in places. So disappointing for DVC!

The sofa bed at VWL are the most uncomfortable, totally saggy and you can definitely feel the bar on your back. I'm thinking they should be replaced. The ones at the Poly are much more tolerable, likely since they are newer.

This makes me nervous... I'll be sleeping on a sofa bed at Animal Kingdom Lodge on our next vacation. Fingers crossed I'm just exhausted after a busy day and the bed won't matter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter