Are the rides as 'fat friendly' as other disney parks?

Lollipop's Mom

<font color=teal>Special trip with your little one
Are the rides in Tokyo as 'larger people friendly' as in the USA?

There are a few that are not. Notably Splash Mountain. I could fit but it was incredibly uncomfortable.

You might have a problem with raging spirits as well. I could ride it but I don't have a large chest.

At 6'3 and 270 lbs, I am the size of a WWE wrestler and the resort has evolved quite a bit since I first visited in 2007 for guests of my size. Back in 2007, when I walked into the line at Raging Spirits, I was taken to the exit and asked to try out the seat. There are no sensors or anything: you need to lower the restraint to a certain point where it touch a ruler placed on the size of the car. Since then, they moved to a fixed 1m95 maximum (6'4) height restriction and looks to have gotten a distinct test seat. As I visited a few times since 2014 and due to my distinctive look, I don't even get checked anymore.

raging-spirits-2007-2.jpg

The ride car, shot by me in 2007.

The park released this amazing promo video showing the ride original restraints. They were changed to the current more comfortable ones in 2007:

In 2014, Splash Mountain received new lap bars that replaced the ones currently present on Splash Mountain at WDW. To give you a point of reference, think of a narrower Expedition Everest lap bars and in my case, I struggled to get the restraint over my knees. No picture as the loading dock is quite dark and the ride operators don't allow pictures in loading stations and indoor waiting lines.

Tower of Terror feature 3 point seatbelts like your car. The back row is also quite tight as they kept the original 8 seats versus the other TOT who went to a 7 seat across configuration when they installed seatbelts.

Space Mountain and Journey to the Center of the Earth are first row only and the cast members won't take any chances and send you there.

What is the bag policy on rides and attractions? I plan to carry a drawstring type backpack to hold my video camera. I usually take it with me on the roller-coasters in the US parks. Can I do the same in TDR?

My husband is 6'7 ish and 300 lbs. Not fat but a little fluff mostly muscle will he have issues in Japan? If so I'm going to have to start feeding him veggies now

Leg room will be the major issue. At Space Mountain and Journey to the Center of the Earth, he will be assigned to the front row of a car by a cast member. At 6'7, he won't be allowed to ride Raging Spirits due to a strict 1.95m/76.78 inches maximum height restriction.

Splash Mountain will surprisingly be a difficult ride for him due to the lap bars they installed on it in 2013/2014. They are now individual U shaped lap bars that are difficult for me to get above my knees and I expect them to eventually put a 1.95m max height restriction on it as well.

critter-country-11.jpg

Picture of the new lap bars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!