Are the new Minnie Vans accessible?

I would love to see a picture of the cargo area for the "regular" Minnie Vans. I'm wondering if my little scooter might not fit back there (if there is any room left back there) so that we could use one of the non-accessible vans. Having said that, I'm not sure I could actually climb up into the Chevy Traverse, so it may be a moot point... :::sigh:::

Well thats pretty easy since they appear to be standard vehicles.

https://www.google.com/search?q=che..._KrVAhXHND4KHUqyAUQQ_AUICigB&biw=1280&bih=894

I would love to see a picture of the cargo area for the "regular" Minnie Vans. I'm wondering if my little scooter might not fit back there (if there is any room left back there) so that we could use one of the non-accessible vans. Having said that, I'm not sure I could actually climb up into the Chevy Traverse, so it may be a moot point... :::sigh:::

This blog (http://blogmickey.com/2017/07/review-video-disneys-minnie-van-uber-like-service/) has a decent picture of the cargo area of the regular Minnie Vans (Chevy Traverse) with carseats. Those car seats take up most of the cargo space. I don't know if you could have the driver install one of the carseats to make more cargo space for your scooter, or depending on how many passengers in your group maybe the scooter can be accomodated in the 3rd row (if you are only using the 2nd row). Obviously, that won't work for all scooters, but you've mentioned before that your scooter folds to about the size of a golf bag.

This blog (http://blogmickey.com/2017/07/review-video-disneys-minnie-van-uber-like-service/) has a decent picture of the cargo area of the regular Minnie Vans (Chevy Traverse) with carseats. Those car seats take up most of the cargo space. I don't know if you could have the driver install one of the carseats to make more cargo space for your scooter, or depending on how many passengers in your group maybe the scooter can be accomodated in the 3rd row (if you are only using the 2nd row). Obviously, that won't work for all scooters, but you've mentioned before that your scooter folds to about the size of a golf bag.

Yes - and since there are typically only 2 to 4 of us on a trip, that might be the way to go. Plus, it would mean we wouldn't need to tie up one of the accessible vans, leaving it available for another family.

Thanks! :)

We used the Minnie van service last week. We are a party of 6 one of whom is a wheelchair user and unable to walk. It was impossible to get into the ordinary 6 seater Minnie van. The trunk was completely taken up with the two child car seats and additionally the doors of the car did not open sufficiently for us to help our wheelchair user into the car.
When this was realised by the driver he immediately called for the Ada van which can accommodate 4 passengers. The driver waited with us until the van arrived and 4 of us rode in the Ada van and 2 in the original car. No extra cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter