• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are DVC Cash discounts always the best?

TreesyB

DIS Veteran
Or should I try to call the regular Disney number and see what they can offer me?

My situation: I had made arrangements for 12/24-12/30 for condo stay at my parents'. Unfortunately, they have now said it's not available, but they will pay for my stay somewhere else. Well, if I can't stay at their condo, I'd rather stay at WDW. At least I know I will get the assistance I need (single mom travelling with child). However, when I check for a 1 Bedroom at SSR on cash in that time frame, it was close to $3,000 with tax.

Do you think I can get a better rate or offer by just calling the regular Disney number? Or is there something I can look into that would be cheaper than the $420/night?

TIA

Teresa

It is very unlikely that there will be any discounts for that week. It's arguably the busiest week of the year and Disney doesn't have to discount to fill the resorts. If there were any discounts, they're long gone.

At this point, call both MS and CRO/WDWTC to see what is still available for cash within your budget (on site availability is already limited). A room at one of the value resorts will be the most economical. You might also consider one of the Downtown Disney resorts, the Swan or Dolphin Resort or something else off site. Have you checked with Dreams Unlimited? They are a DIS sponsor and will give you free no-obligation quotes.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter