April 27th Report Part 3

kritters4

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!! OK, just read over my last reports and I think it is important to mention that I saw LOADS of kids enjoying the kids lab and club...I just wish mine would have done the same. Also although the pools were small alot of the kids really didn't seem to mind and were having a great time, just wanted to let you know what to expect.
Our departure time was delayed due to making repairs( from the fire damage) on the smoke stack. We didn't get underway until 6:15 or so , no wave good bye with big Mickey hands fromthe port crew :( (Get over it!!). It looks like they are doing major "body work" and when our cruise was over a large crane was installing the new "rails" around the stack. Looks like they will be done soon. During the cruise repairs were also being done and some areas aroung the pool were taped off, but not really a problem at all to anyone. We missed the first Variety show because we all really wanted to watch us sail out into the open sea. Well worth it, it was a fun experience.
The first two days at sea are kind of hazy now but....We ordered room service on Sunday, great idea even if you are going to the buffet just to have something to drink, juice or coffee, and the kids thought it was really cool to have someone deliver our food right to our door. Also Scoops is great!!! Not only the ice cream but the fruit is delicious, pineapple, mangos, papya (yuck), apples, bananas, & cantaloupe, all sliced and ready to go!!As far as drinks go, no surprise to those on these boards, just coffee, hot tea, water and Ice. I had brought ice tea and lemonaid mix with us...and took most of it home with us too. Not because we wouldn't have liked to have it, I just never had the mixes with us when we were near the drink station and it seemed like too much trouble to go back and get them!( Lazy?) Disney really wants you to purchase the drink mugs for soda. I try not to let my kids drink too much soda and the thought of unlimited soda for 7 days might have made me pitch them overboard at some point, but thinking back I think we all could have used a little caffine in the afternoon. If I had to do it again I think I would just purchase one and had the kids share.
Our servers for dinner were two really nice guys one from India and the other from the Philipines, Arvind and Joel. Arvind had some magic tricks for my son as the trip went on that kept him entertained. I wish I could have take those two home with us. Our room service did her job well, kept us in ice, got us extra ice for the cooler when we went to the beach and made a few towell animals. We tipped all the Disney recommended amount. Well not all, as we NEVER saw our head server.
After our first two days at sea we were all ready and excited to be getting off the ship and seeing St. Maarten. Kids never had a problem with seasickness. My daughter and myself used the seabands regardless and I did give them some Bonnan(spelling?)
at dinner just in case. Hubbie and myself felt a little queasy when we would let our stomachs get empty ( and that wasn't too often!!). HA- Ha!! Oh well, St Marrten here we come!!:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter