April 2018 Car Rental Watch

Alamo: is the standard and full aisle still combined at MCO? (I.e., I know through Sep 2017 if you book Standard you get the same aisle to choose from as Full at MCO (they don't have 1 of those categories, but can't remember which)). TIA

Alamo: is the standard and full aisle still combined at MCO? (I.e., I know through Sep 2017 if you book Standard you get the same aisle to choose from as Full at MCO (they don't have 1 of those categories, but can't remember which)). TIA

Yes.

I just booked a full size for April 6-20 with Priceline express for 221.58 taxes in. Hertz.

Priceline has an app exclusive express deal for my dates (4/19 - 4/23) for a full size for a total of $117. It lists Budget, National, Avis, Alamo, Hertz and Sixt. Sixt is off site and I've never used them, but thinking it might be worth rolling the dice to save almost $80 compared to my current reservation. It says that the off rental site is only 5 minutes from the airport so I'm ok with that - just afraid of the time at the counter as I'm used to doing straight to car. Fingers crossed.

Priceline has an app exclusive express deal for my dates (4/19 - 4/23) for a full size for a total of $117. It lists Budget, National, Avis, Alamo, Hertz and Sixt. Sixt is off site and I've never used them, but thinking it might be worth rolling the dice to save almost $80 compared to my current reservation. It says that the off rental site is only 5 minutes from the airport so I'm ok with that - just afraid of the time at the counter as I'm used to doing straight to car. Fingers crossed.

Good news. I got Hertz! Hoping I can call and get it configured so I can use my Hertz Gold pick up!

What are your dates, I was wondering the same thing. With Hertz as well.

4/19 10:00 am - 4/23 6 pm. Strangely my confirmation on the Hertz page says 4/19 10 am - 4/24 10am. Guess maybe I should stay another night. lol.

Becky

4/19 10:00 am - 4/23 6 pm. Strangely my confirmation on the Hertz page says 4/19 10 am - 4/24 10am. Guess maybe I should stay another night. lol.

Becky
I think the time between 10 am and 6 pm makes it another day. I think PL always charges a full day. I have read many negative reviews about Hertz. We used them many years ago and we did have to wait for a car to be readied. Do you know if you select your car or are assigned one?

I think the time between 10 am and 6 pm makes it another day. I think PL always charges a full day. I have read many negative reviews about Hertz. We used them many years ago and we did have to wait for a car to be readied. Do you know if you select your car or are assigned one?

I just used Hertz in February and had a great experience. I had the Hertz Gold membership. Walked right outside and picked any car from the Gold Lot. Had a brand new Altima with Bose stereo, leather seats and XM radio. I am going to call and make sure that this Priceline reservation can be added to my gold membership.

I just used Hertz in February and had a great experience. I had the Hertz Gold membership. Walked right outside and picked any car from the Gold Lot. Had a brand new Altima with Bose stereo, leather seats and XM radio. I am going to call and make sure that this Priceline reservation can be added to my gold membership.
Please report back. I have a Hotwire reservation for Hertz and tried to message Hertz through their website with no response. Guess I need to make the time to call.

Please report back. I have a Hotwire reservation for Hertz and tried to message Hertz through their website with no response. Guess I need to make the time to call.

Well, I called Hertz and they said I had to call Priceline. Called Priceline and they said I had to call Hertz, so it doesn't seem there is any way to add my gold member number to my Priceline reservation. I guess I'll play dumb and go to the garage with my gold card and my rental agreement in hand and see what happens. Or I'll just stop at the counter - I imagine they have a line for Gold members. Either way, worth it to save $80.

Edited to add: Price today is $105 versus the $117 I paid.

Last edited:

Thanks for the info about Hotwire...saved $120 & got a small SUV..appreciate it! Company booked was with Thrifty for 4/28-5/5 for $162.

Well, I called Hertz and they said I had to call Priceline. Called Priceline and they said I had to call Hertz, so it doesn't seem there is any way to add my gold member number to my Priceline reservation. I guess I'll play dumb and go to the garage with my gold card and my rental agreement in hand and see what happens. Or I'll just stop at the counter - I imagine they have a line for Gold members. Either way, worth it to save $80.

Edited to add: Price today is $105 versus the $117 I paid.

If you book a prepaid reservation with Hertz through a third party vendor (Priceline, Hotwire etc) you can't add your gold number nor will you be eligible for your gold service. Agents can't make any changes to these types of prepaid reservations (with very few exceptions). The third party vendors are also unable to add your gold number.

We are going down from 4/11 to 4/23 we always use Dollar and thru AAA you get free car seat for the entire reservation and some other perks which saves a lot of money. Always rent from the Wyndham but you can save a little money renting and returning to MCO

I really need car rental sleuths to help me out. I have an AP, belong to all the car rental programs and Delta skymiles. I need a car in MCO from April 11-21st. The price went up $100 from this morning till now. Please any suggestions? HELP!

I really need car rental sleuths to help me out. I have an AP, belong to all the car rental programs and Delta skymiles. I need a car in MCO from April 11-21st. The price went up $100 from this morning till now. Please any suggestions? HELP!

Here's the codes that I use. The AP Alamo discount seems to have been cut quite a bit this year.

Alamo Codes
7015504 visa
7013993 mastercard
7015071 wyndam rewards
7016164 wyndam summer offer ?

Alamo coupons
AD3868JST carrentalsavers $25
AD2823JAZ $25
AD8698SDF $25 (mastercard only?)

Budget
BCD: X443000
Coupon: MUGZ094

Here's the codes that I use. The AP Alamo discount seems to have been cut quite a bit this year.

Alamo Codes
7015504 visa
7013993 mastercard
7015071 wyndam rewards
7016164 wyndam summer offer ?

Alamo coupons
AD3868JST carrentalsavers $25
AD2823JAZ $25
AD8698SDF $25 (mastercard only?)

Budget
BCD: X443000
Coupon: MUGZ094
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter