April 2017

babyruth

for the first time in forever
:mickeyjumoh boy here I go planning for next April. We always said when DD was 3 we would take her...and of course the only time we can go is EASTER WEEK o_O yes I did just get nauseous when I checked the dates. Anyone else going to experience the joy and pain of planning a WDW trip during Peak? I know y'all are out there so join me
:disrocks: we will get through it together!

We are once again on for April 2017! we just got back Friday and already looked at the school calendar to pick dates for next year. We have been traveling to Disney as a family since 1997 and 2016 was our last trip as a family of 4. Oldest son starts college this fall so it will be our first trip just 3 of us. Easter doesnt scare us, been there many times and its just fine as long as you avoid EMH parks and get there at opening and leave for a break after an early lunch. We are going to be staying at POP as of now, already booked the room! Will apply the Spring discount when it comes out! We jsut stayed at beach club villas and it was nice but really no need for us. We werent crazy for the chaotic pool, so the quiet less used computer pool and a nice table by some trees suits us just fine! Happy Planning I will be along all year for the wait with ya.

Jenny

Yay, an official April 2017 thread! We are doing a split stay between WDW and USO. We are planning to go the first week of April 2017 - this should put us just missing the Easter crowds (I hope) as it is 2 weeks before Easter. I know there will still be the spring break crowds, but we went in June (2015) last time and the crowds didn't really bother us. I'm just hoping for a bit less heat and a lot less humidity! And I'm looking forward to the Flower and Garden fest at Epcot. I don't know where we are staying yet, we want to stay at the Poly, but since we have to get 2 rooms, I'm pretty sure the budget will not allow it (here's hoping for an excellent discount, though). If we can't make Poly work, AKL or POR are our next choices!

I'm joining in! Going April 8-17....this will be our second Easter week trip.....the last one was pre FP! Although the last two years we have gone the week between Christmas and New Years....so this will be a walk in the park!

Joining in & following along, too! We're considering going for Easter week 2017 too! We've only been to wdw twice- mid Nov 2015 and Thanksgiving week 2015. I'm a little worried about the crowds, but trying to work with our son's school schedule to get the most days in wdw without missing much school. What worries me more than the crowds is the weather - just hoping that it won't be too hot or humid (the reason why we can't go in summer). November weather was awesome, but we can't make it back quite that soon this year. Easter week is the next best option that we came up with so far.

They moved my kids spring break so that it does not fall at Easter. We are planning on going the first week of April. Hopefully we will get lucky and miss some of the crowds. As hoping to get lucky with some sort of spring discount.

We went during April school vacation this year, and I'm praying that hubby comes to his senses (LOL) and agrees to go again next April. Until I get the ok to officially book, I plan my dream WDW vaca secretly... he thinks I'm a little Disney obsessed. As if.....sheesh. :rolleyes:

We will be there the first week of April. Probably check in the 1st or a day before. Don't know where we are staying but it will be a Disney Resort and we will go to WDW attractions AFTER I have my WrestleMania time that Thursday through Monday. Man this is gonna be Awesome. Disney and WWE in one week. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTT!!!

EDIT: The WrestleMania trip has been cancelled. Also gonna miss Star Wars Celebration the following weeks. So we are going in March to WDW for DW birthday. See you on that thread.

Last edited:
Just booked for April 20th to do the dark side 10k along with some friends. Super excited even if it might be peak!

Booked 2 Royal rooms at POR for our April 2017 stay! Yay!

ETA: We have switched and rented DVC points for our stay! Beach Club Villas 2 bedroom!! So excited! :cloud9:

Last edited:
Staying at POR 04/17-04/23. My DD will be at WDW with her high school marching band. They are staying at ASM & marching in the Magic Kingdoms Main Street Electrical Parade. There are 305 kids in the marching band though I'm not sure how many will be making the trip from our home in Wisconsin.

We will be there the first week of April. Probably check in the 1st or a day before. Don't know where we are staying but it will be a Disney Resort and we will go to WDW attractions AFTER I have my WrestleMania time that Thursday through Monday. Man this is gonna be Awesome. Disney and WWE in one week. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTT!!!
I'm surprising hubby for his B-Day with Wrestlemania and Disney. We're going to stay on property too. Have you figured out transportation yet? I know it's early, lol.

We live less than 5 hours from Orlando so I will drive there and drive between Disney and Orlando. While on property I will use Disney transportation of course. But when we need to go off property I will just take the car. If you are flying in I have looked at car rentals down there and they usually have really good rates. Not hard to navigate the roads just a little congested sometimes.

We're going April 20th-24th, then Disney cruise until the 28th. We had to work around our cruise so we didn't even notice how close our dates were to Easter. Oh well, we will make the best of it!

We are going April 23-29 for our 10 year Anniversary and I was wondering the same thing about crowds. I have heard the 2nd week after Easter slows down a lot and I hope that's true but I have been during New Year's and going during the busy time was still great! I am excited about the weather also! Our honeymoon was in the 2nd week of July and it was blisteringly uncomfortable on one particular day (and we live in Alabama so we are used to summer heat) so we decided to back up our Anniversary to fit better weather.

Booked April 8-16th. And then realized the 16th is Easter. :-(
I've never been in April - only Halloween and the end of August. I'm so excited to be going back, but nervous about the crowds that time of year. :-/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter