Applying for the Fall program

kingsimba93

Earning My Ears
Hey guys, so this semester since it's my senior year, I decided to apply for the spring program, however I didn't get in. I submitted my application on Tuesday after applications drop, a few hours later I got a request to take the WBI. I passed my web based interview and I got my phone interview request minutes after, I was so excited. I was like this is it, my life is about to change. One step closer to achieving my dream. I had my phone interview on August 27th and I got rejected hours after :(. However I realized what I did wrong. I was so caught up of how fast the process was for me. I went into my phone interview without knowing why I wanted to do the program. I was salty after my interview because I knew deep down that was a terrible interview. I was trying too hard to impress my interviewer when I should of been myself. With that being said, I'm looking towards trying again next spring for the fall. I'm also debating if I should Fall advantage. What are the chances of getting another phone interview after a terrible one?

As far as I know, past rejections have no impact on a new application process. I've actually heard that students who fail to get in a few times have a better chance of getting in on their third or fourth try because recruiters can see they're passionate and REALLY want to work for the company.

I've done three DCP phone interviews and would say that it definitely helps to do your research! Googling 'DCP phone interview questions' will bring up most of the questions recruiters will ask you. Either get a friend to conduct a fake interview or practice answering questions out loud on your own. It helps you get a feel for what you want to say. Obviously you don't want to memorize responses because it'll sound rehearsed and unnatural, but IMO you can find a nice middle ground just thinking over all of the different questions. Plus a lot of the questions are scenario based (Stuff like 'Can you tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a coworker?') and if you don't have an example in mind, scrambling to think of one on the spot is going to make you even more nervous!

And like you already said, it REALLY helps to think about why you want to do the program–not just the obvious stuff about how much sentimental value Disney has for you (although that never hurts to throw in!) but how the program will help your career, how it's relevant to your major at college, and what you can bring to the company.

I'm sure you'll do great in your Fall interview, just brush up on all important info and you'll feel much more comfortable!

As far as I know, past rejections have no impact on a new application process. I've actually heard that students who fail to get in a few times have a better chance of getting in on their third or fourth try because recruiters can see they're passionate and REALLY want to work for the company.

I've done three DCP phone interviews and would say that it definitely helps to do your research! Googling 'DCP phone interview questions' will bring up most of the questions recruiters will ask you. Either get a friend to conduct a fake interview or practice answering questions out loud on your own. It helps you get a feel for what you want to say. Obviously you don't want to memorize responses because it'll sound rehearsed and unnatural, but IMO you can find a nice middle ground just thinking over all of the different questions. Plus a lot of the questions are scenario based (Stuff like 'Can you tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a coworker?') and if you don't have an example in mind, scrambling to think of one on the spot is going to make you even more nervous!

And like you already said, it REALLY helps to think about why you want to do the program–not just the obvious stuff about how much sentimental value Disney has for you (although that never hurts to throw in!) but how the program will help your career, how it's relevant to your major at college, and what you can bring to the company.

I'm sure you'll do great in your Fall interview, just brush up on all important info and you'll feel much more comfortable!

Thanks for the response, I actually looked up interview questions and had answers written down, I was way over prepared. At least, I know what to expect next time! I'm praying for another chance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter