APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody share what the AP rate was for the last week of May and first week of June this year? We're planning to go next May/June and I'm looking at different options. I'm wondering if upgrading to an AP would be worth it. We'll wanting to stay at one of resorts that includes the express pass.

I believe Portofino was 289 for Bay View and 249 for garden view.

When will rates for October be out? We are going the week of October 8. With that being a holiday week, will they still have APH rates?

When will rates for October be out? We are going the week of October 8. With that being a holiday week, will they still have APH rates?
That's the billion dollar question at the moment. There are several of us here not so patiently waiting.

That's the billion dollar question at the moment. There are several of us here not so patiently waiting.

One of the reasons i keep the date & rate thread going is to look for patterns

Believe last’s year’s Oct rates came out on a Wednesday (the 3rd in the month), 7/19

Perhaps the trend will continued & they’ll follow suit this Wednesday:wizard:

There are some time periods where hotel offering ap discounts are not necessary to fill the rooms.

Anyone that goes to hhn, especially for the weekends, know the hotel does not need to offer the ap rates for some dates in October.

I do hope for those that need the ap discount, it does come out and helps you in order to book your dates.

I would think it could be any time now if they are. Coming off the Columbus Day weekend there might be a quite a few people coming in but a lot more (like me) checking out to get back to school and work on Tuesday. As mac said there's also a lot of people in general because HHN is a big draw (not for us yet but maybe next year) and fall break can be anywhere in October depending on the school. Don't give up hope, just check once or twice a day if you want, nothing wrong with looking!

There are some time periods where hotel offering ap discounts are not necessary to fill the rooms.

Anyone that goes to hhn, especially for the weekends, know the hotel does not need to offer the ap rates for some dates in October.

I do hope for those that need the ap discount, it does come out and helps you in order to book your dates.

For the Wed prior to Monday after Columbus Day, we tend to stay anywhere from two to four nights. Have always seen APH rates, just not what i’d Term ‘good’ ones & they do tend to disappear/increase quickly.

For that time period, can count on one hand the number of times the APH rate has then subquentially dipped again (as it often does for other popular dates where initial pricing tends to challenge the market)

Longer stays are a different animal, possible SMSM option

Have noticed last few years they imposed a minimum three night stay for dates that include the Columbus Day Saturday.

Well I didn't see any AP for October today.

I usually just check each morning, so if I see any I'll be sure to post here.

Sooner vs later:bored:

Either Loews already has enough rooms already booked @ rack to satisfy whatever their matrix is or they are seriously dragging their feet this year!

Sooner vs later:bored:

Either Loews already has enough rooms already booked @ rack to satisfy whatever their matrix is or they are seriously dragging their feet this year!

We'll still go no matter what, but the APH discounts just determine whether we'll be at the Hard Rock or Cabana Bay. It just kinda sucks because we only go once a year, (we live in Seattle), and the only reason I renew my annual pass is because with the hotel and merch discounts, it pretty much pays for itself. If I can't get a hotel discount, then my AP isn't worth it.

With Stranger Things coming to HHN, I bet they already have a lot of rooms booked.

The hotels book up no matter what houses they have for hhn

Some dates are hard to book during hhn period

I booked a 13 night stay last year for rpr this year
$217 + tax per night-rpr

Last week I was reviewing my reservations and realize I was shorted out one night
I know I glanced at it when it came but did not review it until recently

They have me for check out the day before my planned leave

Figure it was a glitch in my confirmation email that I got last year

I called to add that Thursday night
Was told sorry for the error but I can book that missing night at a rate of $375 + taxes
Can’t add it to my prior reservation was told

No way around it
Have to book a new reservation for the one night

I’ll couch surf that night in the lobby
Lol

Will be doing hhn that Thursday and leave the park at 1:00 am
Then eat at Jakes at 1:20
They close at 2 am

Have an early pickup Friday morning
3:00 am for a 5:09 am flight

So.... book now and adjust your rate when ap discounts come out

We'll still go no matter what, but the APH discounts just determine whether we'll be at the Hard Rock or Cabana Bay. It just kinda sucks because we only go once a year, (we live in Seattle), and the only reason I renew my annual pass is because with the hotel and merch discounts, it pretty much pays for itself. If I can't get a hotel discount, then my AP isn't worth it.

HRH has been fully booked my Oct dates for some time. Now that the youfirst program will cease to exist early Dec, it will be back on my radar. Always liked it there as to vibe and easy walk back at end of night vs the boats.

FYI Not sure which AP you have but I was recently able to downgrade the renewal for my DH’s Pref APH to the lowest tier. No dining discounts but hotel one still included.

Bought an UT promo tix for one of my DS, planning on upgrading it at the gate to same one for a whopping $20 :)

The hotels book up no matter what houses they have for hhn

Some dates are hard to book during hhn period

I booked a 13 night stay last year for rpr this year
$217 + tax per night-rpr

Last week I was reviewing my reservations and realize I was shorted out one night
I know I glanced at it when it came but did not review it until recently

They have me for check out the day before my planned leave

Figure it was a glitch in my confirmation email that I got last year

I called to add that Thursday night
Was told sorry for the error but I can book that missing night at a rate of $375 + taxes
Can’t add it to my prior reservation was told

No way around it
Have to book a new reservation for the one night

I’ll couch surf that night in the lobby
Lol

Will be doing hhn that Thursday and leave the park at 1:00 am
Then eat at Jakes at 1:20
They close at 2 am

Have an early pickup Friday morning
3:00 am for a 5:09 am flight

So.... book now and adjust your rate when ap discounts come out

If i was still there you could bunk with us. Would surely ask for a l-a-t-e checkout the last day and get my beauty sleep!

I have not seen any APR for RP for end of Sept. I have been checking for months. Sadly I dont think there will be any- when I try to book the room without the rate there are no rooms available. So my guess is that they are totally booked. Ironic that the dates I will be there have no HHN . Im happy I booked back in Feb!

At what point are you "locked in" for your rate? Meaning I just clicked on the link in the first post and the rates if we were to check in tomorrow are almost $100 cheaper than what we'll pay when we go next year. Is there a deadline by which I can't make a change if they drop the closer to our travel dates? Or is it literally up until we check in? Is this negated if we pay in full before we arrive?

You are locked in for the rate once you book and pay the deposit

You can modify the rate if a better deal comes up later

Once the allotted number of rooms are full, discount can be no longer available

So if you book now and a better rate comes out 6 months later, modify your rate that day

At what point are you "locked in" for your rate? Meaning I just clicked on the link in the first post and the rates if we were to check in tomorrow are almost $100 cheaper than what we'll pay when we go next year. Is there a deadline by which I can't make a change if they drop the closer to our travel dates? Or is it literally up until we check in? Is this negated if we pay in full before we arrive?

The only policy is you can cancel by 6:00 PM local hotel time at least 5 days prior to arrival to avoid a 1 night(s) cancel fee. It doesn't matter if you pay in full, they will just refund what is excess. It is different if you have a package. Then you will get charged for any changes that you make along the way.

Last edited:
I have not seen any APR for RP for end of Sept. I have been checking for months. Sadly I dont think there will be any- when I try to book the room without the rate there are no rooms available. So my guess is that they are totally booked. Ironic that the dates I will be there have no HHN . Im happy I booked back in Feb!

When i checked this am APH rates available @ RPH & PBH till a checkout date of 9/28.

In area of $200 a night, fingers are crossed like ones pop up in early Oct!

I booked RPR in March when there was a $282/night SMSM rate for our Oct 10-14 trip. I paid in full as well, but am hoping for a lower APH rate and the difference can just pay for parking and our dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter