APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're visiting 4/28-5/1 (3 nights). I saw that there were APH rates for our resort and room category (standard, RPR), but only for the first two nights (4/28 and 4/29, but not 4/30) and only for waterview rooms ($249 for Saturday and $224 for Sunday, before taxes and fees). So I went ahead and booked the waterview room for those two nights at the APH rate, and then tried to modify my existing 3-night reservation to a 1-night to cover 4/30, but was told that the system isn't currently accepting 1-night reservations for 4/30 for the standard room category (all views) because those rooms are almost fully booked for the night of 4/30 (a Monday, of all days!??!) and the few that are left will only be assigned to those with multi-night stays.

Does that sound right? Any chance I might be able to find an APH-rated standard room at RPR for 4/30 if I keep checking back, or does Universal/Loews tend to release them all at once?

I've booked the next-best (meaning "cheapest") thing right now as a placeholder (a 1-night reservation in a King Suite for 4/30 at the APH rate -- the grand total for the 2 different rooms is still less than our original non-discounted total for 3 nights in a standard room), but I'm hoping to avoid having to move two days in to a 4-day vacation. If worse comes to worst, we may offer at check-in to take any room in any category, if only we can have the same room all three nights...

Hmm...weird. It has been my experience that, given what you say, they usually make a quote based on the average, per night, and extend that to you...whether all nights are at APH rates or not.

Anyway, I think a call would speed things along for you....just explain the situation and see what they can do.

Hmm...weird. It has been my experience that, given what you say, they usually make a quote based on the average, per night, and extend that to you...whether all nights are at APH rates or not.

Anyway, I think a call would speed things along for you....just explain the situation and see what they can do.

Thank you. I have called (twice) and was told that there is no way to modify the 2-night APH-rate reservation in the standard waterview room to add a third night at rack rate -- that a reservation cannot be spread across two different room rates. The best they could do for me would be to make a separate reservation for 1 night and then put a note on the two separate reservations that we'd like to stay in the same room -- but they can't do that here, first, because our reservations are for two different room categories, and second, because a 1-night reservation in the same room category as our first two nights (standard waterview) is not available for my date (4/30): all of the standard rooms still available are being held for multi-night bookings only.

Thank you. I have called (twice) and was told that there is no way to modify the 2-night APH-rate reservation in the standard waterview room to add a third night at rack rate -- that a reservation cannot be spread across two different room rates. The best they could do for me would be to make a separate reservation for 1 night and then put a note on the two separate reservations that we'd like to stay in the same room -- but they can't do that here, first, because our reservations are for two different room categories, and second, because a 1-night reservation in the same room category as our first two nights (standard waterview) is not available for my date (4/30): all of the standard rooms still available are being held for multi-night bookings only.

Wow, that sucks...well, I hope you keep the single night in the King Suite...at least it is a decent rate, if not as good as the first 2 nights.

That is how they usually do it. Changing reservation details is always a pain when the same rate is not offered for all the days. I usually just keep checking that the extra night will turn up.

We're out totally for Spring Break, its breaking my heart, but having Spring Break on a week flanking Easter is just royally hosing us this year. The airfare is too expensive, the hotel stay is too expensive. We're saving Orlando for October, and going to Cali for some April sunshine. Good luck to all the other April travelers, I hope you find some good last-minute discounts as the time draws closer.

Does anyone know when APH discounts will show for the month of August 2018??? I would love to extend my stay but it will depend on the price per night. I would love club level!!

Think we've booked around April/May time for August in the past but nearly always cancelled and rebooked for a lesser rate closer to the date, especially for Portofino

We're out totally for Spring Break, its breaking my heart, but having Spring Break on a week flanking Easter is just royally hosing us this year. The airfare is too expensive, the hotel stay is too expensive. We're saving Orlando for October, and going to Cali for some April sunshine. Good luck to all the other April travelers, I hope you find some good last-minute discounts as the time draws closer.

Sorry to hear that your April travel to FL is not going to work out. I know how disappointing this can be. I'm still checking the AP rates around Easter each day and waiting to see if they finally add them in. We're going either way because that is the only week my family's schedules line up--we would literally have to wait until next spring break otherwise (& face the same situation). It is frustrating though to know that we are paying TWICE as much for a lesser (busier) experience than those people going two weeks before or two weeks after. Fingers crossed.

Does anyone know where I can locate the price list for each resort for the entire year? For instance, when looking for Disney resort prices, Dis boards has that link. I cannot find UO. Thank you

I just bought my first AP hoping to take advantage of a price deal for August but was informed that pass needs activated first before I can take advantage of any deals. I live in Ohio and my vacation is not until August. I was informed to pay full price, check in, go to park and activate AP, go back to resort and see if I still qualify for any room discounts. I feel bummed

I just bought my first AP hoping to take advantage of a price deal for August but was informed that pass needs activated first before I can take advantage of any deals. I live in Ohio and my vacation is not until August. I was informed to pay full price, check in, go to park and activate AP, go back to resort and see if I still qualify for any room discounts. I feel bummed
We have never had to do that. We book AP rate, check in and at that point we don't even have our AP yet. I exchange my ticket at the park ticket booth to the AP and then just show it before we check out. In fact, last time we went (last August) she told me not to worry about coming back.
YMMV

We have never had to do that. We book AP rate, check in and at that point we don't even have our AP yet. I exchange my ticket at the park ticket booth to the AP and then just show it before we check out. In fact, last time we went (last August) she told me not to worry about coming back.
YMMV

Same with us last year.
I reserved the AP rate and didn't have AP's until we upgraded our UT tickets at Guest Services in the park. I actually forgot to show the HRH our AP passes when we got back to hotel after park that day. Nor did I remember to show them when we checked out the next day but I still got the AP rate.

That's not true, like others have said. Anyone can see and book an AP rate from the Universal website. They ask for the AP once at the hotel. I don't think mine was activated yet when I first checked in with an AP rate.

I wonder if something is changing?? I called today to see if they had any AP packages and was asked if I had my AP on me. I said I could go get it and she said she was transferring me to another department and that the person I was being transferred to would verify. The next person asked for it right away and ended up looking it up by my name and said OK, yours doesn't expire until October ( I was calling for June) I have called before and was never questioned about actually having a current AP. I asked when park tickets were going to increase and she said that it happened today as she had gotten the email this morning. AP prices didn't go up but she said they could possibly this summer??
It was just odd that they weren't going to give me a price until I gave my AP. It may only be when calling since we can still book on line without providing our AP...

I am going to continue to monitor this and perhaps call the resort itself to get a clearer answer. AP rates are not out yet for August. If anyone hears something to help me with this, please let me know. Thanks

Just an FYI.
APH rates are showing for some spring break days.
I just booked Portofino with APH rate for March 23rd for $324 +tax

Thank you for posting. I've been hoping for an APH rate for March 22 and 23. I just got HRH for $309 + tax a night. Much better than the $436 + tax per night I had for Royal Pacific.

I wonder if something is changing?? I called today to see if they had any AP packages and was asked if I had my AP on me. I said I could go get it and she said she was transferring me to another department and that the person I was being transferred to would verify. The next person asked for it right away and ended up looking it up by my name and said OK, yours doesn't expire until October ( I was calling for June) I have called before and was never questioned about actually having a current AP. I asked when park tickets were going to increase and she said that it happened today as she had gotten the email this morning. AP prices didn't go up but she said they could possibly this summer??
It was just odd that they weren't going to give me a price until I gave my AP. It may only be when calling since we can still book on line without providing our AP...

Who did you call? Was it for room only or was it for a package? They are two completely different places. I wonder which one is asking or if it is both.

Last edited:

This is why I use the website almost exclusively. All you need is this link found by someone else on the Dis.
https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/d...ode=&group-code=&promo=aph&sr=&iata=&hgID=641

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!