AP rates for Universal hotels

ksromack

DIS Veteran
I'm a bit of a novice with the Universal/IOA hotels and have a question! Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

I have purchased a ONE day, 2 park tickets from UT. We will use that ticket in October. We want to go back in December and actually stay one night on site. I would like to book that hotel soon. So if I'm understanding correctly, we will use that ticket purchased from UT in October and once inside the park we will upgrade to an annual pass? Can I book the hotel for December using any AP rates that may be available without actually having the AP in my hands? I know I was able to do this for our BWV stay in October....I'll just show my WDW AP after I activate it.

Thank you....so AP rates currently only for Cabana Bay and Sapphire Falls? I suppose the other hotels book just fine without discount, eh? When do they typically publish AP discounts?

When I follow that link, it shows pricing for PBH, CB, and SF. If I follow any of those links, it shows they are AP prices.

DOH! Nevermind. I see that it gave me dates in July, not the 12/12 - 12/14 like in that URL

When I follow that link, it shows pricing for PBH, CB, and SF. If I follow any of those links, it shows they are AP prices.

DOH! Nevermind. I see that it gave me dates in July, not the 12/12 - 12/14 like in that URL

The URL was for last December when I originally copied and pasted it to the forum. It seems to update itself every day with the current date. What I do for my own dates is just bookmark the link once I have entered my own information and then I just click on the bookmark and my dates will come up.

Thank you....so AP rates currently only for Cabana Bay and Sapphire Falls? I suppose the other hotels book just fine without discount, eh? When do they typically publish AP discounts?

Yes, you can book through that link for non AP rates too. They publish the discounts in blocks so depending on your dates, they could be a month to a few months.

If you book online, can you call when an AP becomes available and speak with someone to make the change? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm a newbie!!

If you book online, can you call when an AP becomes available and speak with someone to make the change? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm a newbie!!

Yes, you can change online or call and have them change it.

Probably a silly question, but DH & I are considering going next summer. If we pre-buy the APs, can we book using the AP rate? Or do we have to use the APs at the park to get them activated before we could get the room discounts? (I guess part of my question is really, if we pre-buy, when are the passes activated?)

Probably a silly question, but DH & I are considering going next summer. If we pre-buy the APs, can we book using the AP rate? Or do we have to use the APs at the park to get them activated before we could get the room discounts? (I guess part of my question is really, if we pre-buy, when are the passes activated?)

You don't need an activated AP to book with the AP rate. Your passes will be activated when you use them for the first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts