AP discount and mobile ordering

megs1313

DIS Veteran
Was reading in another thread and am confused. If you order through the mobile app, you can't use your AP discount? I was planning on relying on mobile ordering my whole trip basically, but i don't want to give up that much $$ if I don't have to. Do you know if I can get the difference refunded like you can do if you forget your card at one of the shops? TIA!

No discounts can be applied through mobile ordering, and I doubt they'll refund your discount later. Though it'd be great if they would!

Time is money for me. I could wait in line for 30 minutes and save ~$3 with an AP discount (assuming most counter service meals are $15ish), or I could eat and be on my way before I would have even ordered if I stood in line. I would do the math and decide how much your time is worth while touring. With multiple people ordering, it could add up but it's also more time to entertain kiddos in line. Some people don't mind the lines but they drive me insane :)

No discounts can be applied through mobile ordering, and I doubt they'll refund your discount later. Though it'd be great if they would!

Time is money for me. I could wait in line for 30 minutes and save ~$3 with an AP discount (assuming most counter service meals are $15ish), or I could eat and be on my way before I would have even ordered if I stood in line. I would do the math and decide how much your time is worth while touring. With multiple people ordering, it could add up but it's also more time to entertain kiddos in line. Some people don't mind the lines but they drive me insane :)

bummer. i guess i'm going to have to think on this.

Was reading in another thread and am confused. If you order through the mobile app, you can't use your AP discount? I was planning on relying on mobile ordering my whole trip basically, but i don't want to give up that much $$ if I don't have to. Do you know if I can get the difference refunded like you can do if you forget your card at one of the shops? TIA!

Unless Disney is really going to surprise us, much of the AP Dining Discount goes away or drops to 10% after the New Year. Given that mobile ordering is only at QS locations, and few of those normally offer the discount ... I don't see them programming it in if they drop most the discount.

I don't think they will refund you ... it's more you will have to choose, discount or faster food. We found it to be so much faster that it was worth not getting the discount.

Unless Disney is really going to surprise us, much of the AP Dining Discount goes away or drops to 10% after the New Year. Given that mobile ordering is only at QS locations, and few of those normally offer the discount ... I don't see them programming it in if they drop most the discount.

I don't think they will refund you ... it's more you will have to choose, discount or faster food. We found it to be so much faster that it was worth not getting the discount.

yeah looking at the passholder site, it seems like dining discounts may be limited to the TS locations we are visiting....i guess we'll see!

When we were there in October, there was no way to put in the AP discount with mobile ordering. As long as some of the lines were, losing a little bit with the AP discount vs walk up and get my food. I didn't feel bad about losing the discount and saving a lot of time.

does anyone know if you can pay with a GC or charge to magicband when mobile ordering?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter