anyone with pic and impressions of the new section of SSR?

MonkeyPants

DIS Veteran
would really like to know how the new pool area looks and what people think of the new areas

I don't have any pics, but we stayed in the Grand Stand section in June and it was fantastic! Our building had just opened, the room still smelled of fresh paint. The pool was great, we actually only went to the main pool once and used the quiet pool the rest of the trip. There are great spray horses that the kids (big & little) can play with, the pool was nice, the bar was great to have. Never had trouble getting chairs or tables during the day.

There were quite a few nights that we went to the pool at 10-11pm after a long day to cool off and relax. The hot tub was great to meet people and soak after too much walking during the day. The pool area in general was very social and welcoming.

Visually a beautiful area, great bus service.

If you have your own car and plan to use it regularly to come and go from the resort to other areas, I disliked this area greatly. The road coming and going to Grandstand is very narrow and we were run off the road regularly by busses and it is dangerous at the end of the drive to turn left.

DSC00793.jpg

DSC00792.jpg

New Pool area!!

The view of hte golf course from our room balcony...

DSC00789.jpg

Do you want me to look up our room numbers too I can tell you what building we stayed in it was the closet one to the main pool and the check in area.......??????.....??????

Hello,

Here are a few photos I recently took of the Grandstand pool area...

07940003.jpg

07940006.jpg

07940005.jpg

Ken

Do you want me to look up our room numbers too I can tell you what building we stayed in it was the closet one to the main pool and the check in area.......??????.....??????

sure that would be great, during the trip in october there will be several groups of us. I know my sister wants to be down at the one closest to the path to DTD, my has his favorite section (down to the room # :rotfl: ) tho I cant remember exactly where it is. But that pool looks like pretty nice and 'quiet' (tho I could be wrong) and looks like something my mom and aunt would enjoy. I still cant decide which section I want. Been several times, I'd like just about every place I said, once was close to the enterence, carosel I think, 3rd floor nice balcony over looking one of the ponds/fountains, once close to the main house, very brief stay in the building next to the path to DTD. decisions decisions... :banana:

thanks for the pictures

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter