Anyone up? Harry & Meghan Royal Wedding Watch thread

I just like Kate better. And, also, it may have something to do w/ how I was always silently rooting for Chelsy Davys.

Me too.

Meghan's mom looked lovely. Prince Charles was great and seemed very welcoming to Meghan's mom. Honestly, that was kind of nice to see since Prince Charles for a long time had a reputation as being rather stiff.

I haven’t been a huge Charles fan, but he seemed genuinely caring during the ceremony.

Yeah, the part about her not knowing about the Royal family, I snorted about that one. Heck, I admit it, I know a LOT about the Royal family, and I haven't even met one of them. :p However, she might not have known much about Harry recently.

I know! This isn’t Mary and Frederick. I would have found it more believable if she had pulled a Katie marrying Tom and said she was marrying her teenage crush.

Good works are good works, and the impact on the lives of the needy doesn't change based on the character of the "benevolent" one.

This reminds me of a quote from the movie Fallen:

John Hobbes: You take any cop on the force, cream or no, ninety-nine percent of the time they're doing their job, aren't they?
Jonesy: Ninety-nine five.
John Hobbes: Point five. So he or she, cream or no, is doing more good out there every day than any lawyer or stockbroker or president of the United States can ever do in their lifetime. Cops are the chosen people.

Another interpretation of Camilla's hat.

5b03667416074_camillasmeathat.thumb.jpg.927f98236a97fa001985a660d0e5acd1.jpg
:lovestruc I only "liked" this because this board doesn't have a "LOVE" button! :lmao:

"Ensuring that her beloved dog, Guy, didn’t miss out on the excitement, the canine, who arrived in Windsor in a blacked-out Land Rover alongside none other than Queen Elizabeth, joined the party, too."

This small tidbit got overlooked amidst all the details. Apparently The Queen has taken to Meghan's dog. The dog really did ride along with the Queen in her car on the way to Windsor Castle.

Here's the video of it. It really wasn't a doctored/photoshopped video:

http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/...02857554/1024x576_MP4_4036004664402857554.mp4

Pic of the dog in the car:

meghan-markle-rescued-guy-the-beagle.jpg

And here is the "Kill Shelter to Kensington Palace," story of the pooch:

-In 2015 a Beagle was found alone in the woods in Kentucky
-The Beagle was found by a good Samaritan and brought to a shelter
-No one wanted to adopt the Beagle who unfortunately was at a kill shelter and put on the euthanasia list.
-Days before the Beagle was to be put down, a Beagle rescue group in Canada named, A Dog's Dream Rescue, was contacted by the shelter and they decided to take him in….to Canada.
-Groups of dog lovers took turns driving the Beagle in one hour shifts from Kentucky to Toronto.
-At a normal, run of the mill adoption event, a woman who was temporarily working in Toronto saw the Beagle and decided he was for her.
-The woman named the Beagle… Guy.
-That woman turned out to be actress, Meghan Markle.
-Meghan Markle ended up marrying Prince Harry.
-On his owner's wedding day, Guy the Beagle rode in a car to the wedding reception with the Queen of England.
-Guy, the stray beagle from Kentucky now lives at Kensington Palace. :dogdance:

Last edited:
Well, time will tell.

For the record, I used to also defend Angelina Jolie, when so many here were scathing about her, saying she is a man stealer, (like Brad was innocent in the whole thing) and she'd mess him up in the end. I used to say how she had grown & changed after going to Cambodia, adopted Maddox, got involved in human rights, donated a lot to charity WITH Brad. That she was different and they really seemed to fit together, having the same values. :thumbsup2

We all know how that turned out. She did try to mess him up, take away his rights to see his children and make it seem like he was an unfit parent and the FBI got involved in the situation. :sad2: :sad2:

I must have a soft (blind?) spot for people publicly doing human rights stuff and getting involved with charities. When, for all I know, once they are at home, they could go around kicking puppies. :duck:

I was no great lover of Meghan in the beginning of her relationship with Harry. But not for the reasons of most dissenters here. It was because she was messing up one of my favorite TV shows, Suits! :lmao:

I get that people seem to think she gives off a phony vibe and is disingenuous. But, she's not a great actress on the show either. Not necessarily disparaging her. She literally is a B-level actress, on a B-level cable TV show, on a B-level cable network. She's no Meryl Streep or Cate Blanchett or Sandra Bullock. So, I'm kind of used to limited acting and range of emotions.

7 years ago, Suits was put on the USA Network to move that channel away from their 24 hr marathon of non-stop, Law & Order, reruns. NBC owns the network and wanted to introduce shorter, edgier series that they couldn't get away with on their major network. So, they introduced their "summer TV series" as I call them. Suits, In Plain Sight, & Royal Pains, were their first 3 series they aired. They really did change the identity of the USA Network.

I watched them all. popcorn:: Gave me a summer fix as the major networks were on hiatus. Turns out Suits was fantastically written, tight, sharp, intelligent. It's about 2 male attorneys who start out as genius mentor/student, then become colleagues, then strong BFFs. 4 other people fill out the cast in their office.

ALL the women who work on Suits, whether in that office or show up as GFs ALL wear quite sexy, revealing clothes - that one would never wear in a law firm or in court. But, these women do and get away with it. :rolleyes1

Meghan's character, "Rachel" was the young, sexy, smart paralegal. Her character & function on the show was for the second male lead, Mike, to first be interested in her, they flirt back & forth for a few seasons, then fall in love. They had a few steamy sex scenes together and once she appears in only a bath towel when Mike gets home, or something like that. Meghan, starting on the show, fully knew what the character was about, and what was required, how she was there to sell sex to the younger male viewers on the show - just like she was cute & sexy on Deal, or No Deal. They progressed Rachel by having her go to law school & then work to ward passing the bar, etc. But, again, Megan is a B-level actress. She was good in this role on this show, and for what the show required of her.

By season 4(?) Mike finally proposes to Rachel. YAY!!! :jumping1:

Probably the next season or so, those characters would have gotten married.

Only about that time, in real life, Meghan starts dating Prince Harry. Harry still had kind of a partying reputation. So, I certainly didn't take their relationship seriously when I heard about it. I actually :rolleyes: thinking it would end eventually. But, then the rumors came out how she was spending more time in London and Harry in Toronto and it was becoming serious between them.

And I *think* the producers of Suits, didn't know what to do with "Rachel". Is Meghan going to stay or not stay? She was a key character because of her relationship with the second lead. They can't just have her disappear or leave. Rachel was integral to MIKE. If she left and HOW she left would affect Mike and how he moves forward emotionally on the show. And they couldn't just kill her off.

And at that time, I think the 2 leads had it in their contract that they don't have to film so many hours. Which meant they'd be on less time on the show. But, their characters, for 4 years were usually filmed together. That was what made the show so great, their friendship as BFFs. It was 90% of the show. Like Sherlock & Watson. So, having them on less, meant they needed film them separately, in different scenes to fill in the air time with one or the other.

So Mike had more scenes with Rachel. A Rachel the producers didn't know what to do with. PLUS, it was obvious, Meghan really didn't want to be on the show. Meghan started playing Rachel in a whiny and complaining way about everything. And she needed the producers to cut her sexy scenes with Mike down to just a kiss here and there. AND she wanted her character to have more substance. So Mike & Rachel started having a lot of fights & disagreements. And Rachel's wardrobe changed to more demure.

Meghan also couldn't just leave the show, because that would signal to all the media that things were becoming really serious with Harry. And Buckingham Palace needed to be the ones to state any "official relationship" between them. I'm not the only one who noticed all this. There is a whole Reddit forum on Suits where they were complaining about how the show had changed and about Meghan & Harry messing up a great show, along with the hiring of new bad writers by then. :rotfl:

I did also roll my eyes when Harry & Meghan first got engaged. But what turned me around to give her a chance was hearing about her background and how she had done so much human rights stuff on her own before ever meeting Harry. And that she was also using her fame for good causes, in addition to how to live a fancy life. I gave her points for camping out in Botswana for a week(?) on their second date with no running water or toilet. I couldn't do it! Prince or no prince! :p

They just seem to have a lot in common. Does she crave being in the spotlight? Yes. One has to be to be in the Royal family. I once saw an interview with George Clooney, where he said any GF of his HAS to be comfortable being in the public eye, because that's his life.

I also remember the early days, after Diana first got engaged. She used to shy away from the camera and run. And Charles had to coach her NOT to do that. That she had to accept them being part of her life from now on.

What I am concerned about is whether Meghan uses her new fame to continue to promote good causes? On the one hand, I don't care how phony/disingenuous she may seem at times. She wasn't a great actress when she had to act. And this is the biggest "character" of her life. So, I'm not expecting much in that regard.

Does she make Harry happy? Can she continue to? Especially in their private life?

Will she be able to handle constantly being berated by "The Firm" when she is doing something they don't approve of? Will she be able to accept that long term? She has had her own voice for a long time, promoting her own causes. She gave up her social media accounts, but that was really kind of short term, in the perspective of things. Can she handle the Palace telling her what she can & can't talk about, what she can do and not do?

Sarah Ferguson couldn't. She said she was liked in the beginning because she was a breath of fresh air. They liked that she was spunky & sassy. But, later, they'd haul her in EVERY WEEK for being too spunky & sassy. She & Diana giggled too much. She'd be too off the cuff, saying the wrong thing. She wore appalling clothes at times. She gained weight as she got depressed & anxious and the media turned on her, calling her porky Fergie. :(

Will Meghan be able to last due to all those pressures, scrutiny, rules? I hope so. I want Harry to be happy, for all that he's gone though after losing Diana, and being lost for quite some years afterward.

But as I said, I defended Angelina too, when I thought she had grown & changed. :headache:

O/T: the season final that said goodbye to Mike and Racheal. That goodbye was so low key that I only know that was their last episode because of the news I read not because of the storyline itself. I was really disappointed. That is no send off for Mike. Do you think the show can survive without him? To me everyone except Mike and Harvey are expendable (although I adore Donna, I think all the other cast are great and do a job job, just that to me, it’s the story of Mike and Harvey)

This small tidbit got overlooked amidst all the details. Apparently The Queen has taken to Meghan's dog. The dog really did ride along with the Queen in her car on the way to Windsor Castle.

http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/...02857554/1024x576_MP4_4036004664402857554.mp4

-No one wanted to adopt the Beagle who unfortunately was at a kill shelter and put on the euthanasia list.
-Days before the Beagle was to be put down, a Beagle rescue group in Canada named, A Dog's Dream Rescue, was contacted by the shelter and they decided to take him in….to Canada.
-Groups of dog lovers took turns driving the Beagle in one hour shifts from Kentucky to Toronto.
-At a normal run of the mill adoption event a woman who was temporarily working in Toronto saw the Beagle and decided he was for her.
-On his owners wedding day, Guy the Beagle rode in a car to the wedding reception with the Queen of England.
I love this so much. That's my kind of Cinderella story. Shelter dogs are the best!

-At a normal, run of the mill adoption event, a woman who was temporarily working in Toronto saw the Beagle and decided he was for her.
-On his owner's wedding day, Guy the Beagle rode in a car to the wedding reception with the Queen of England.
I love this

O/T: the season final that said goodbye to Mike and Rachael. That goodbye was so low key that I only know that was their last episode because of the news I read not because of the storyline itself. I was really disappointed. That is no send off for Mike.

I was really disappointed too, with how they resolved getting rid of two major characters. It was so FAST. :teleport:

Do you think the show can survive without him? To me everyone except Mike and Harvey are expendable

I totally agree. I said in my previous post that their friendship was 90% of the show. The two of them having scenes together was also a key part of the show, not just that they were both on at various times. I wasn't planning on watching this past season as I've felt for a couple years that the show sucked. Almost all of the posters on the Reddit/Suits forum agree. Before, or right near the beginning of this season, Meghan's engagement was announced. So I figured I'd watch it to see how her character was resolved, as I knew she'd be leaving the show, and what would happen to Mike.

But, I already know I won't watch next season. Harvey is great, but the writing has gone downhill. And it won't be the same show without Mike. :(

A little FYI: "Mike", actor Patrick J. Adams, is married to actress, Troian Bellisario. Her father is famous producer, Donald P. Bellisario, of Bellisarius Productions. He created: Magnum, P.I.. NCIS, JAG, Quantum Leap, Battlestar Gallactica. I doubt that very many people say that Patrick is a career climber, who married Troian to further his career. :rolleyes1 :duck:

O/T: the season final that said goodbye to Mike and Racheal. That goodbye was so low key that I only know that was their last episode because of the news I read not because of the storyline itself. I was really disappointed. That is no send off for Mike. Do you think the show can survive without him? To me everyone except Mike and Harvey are expendable (although I adore Donna, I think all the other cast are great and do a job job, just that to me, it’s the story of Mike and Harvey)

I wonder if "Mike" decided to leave the show because he knew "Rachel" was leaving. If he had stayed, I wonder how the producers would have explained Rachel's departure. I think the characters were engaged long before the news of Meghan and Harry was public. A nasty breakup? Rachel being killed off in an accident?

I read somewhere that the actor who played Rachel's father was invited to the wedding but was unable to attend. So two "fathers" were missing.

I wonder if "Mike" decided to leave the show because he knew "Rachel" was leaving.

Yes, I think Meghan told him privately how it was progressing for her & Harry. :ssst:

I think the characters were engaged long before the news of Meghan and Harry was public.

Yes, I'm pretty sure Mike & Rachel were engaged before she was either seeing Harry. or that it made the tabloids. Their characters, I think, would have been married the following season. But, then it was found out she was not only dating him, but that it was getting rather serious. That's what hung up their characters and had them bickering and fighting so much. :headache: I think the producers thought about heading them towards a breakup, which is why her fast tracking to become a lawyer was so key. . . then she could go off to join Daddy's business instead of staying at Mike's firm.

Rachel being killed off in an accident?

Remember back to what happened with Mike's parents, and you know they couldn't go that way with the storyline.

When "Mike"/Patrick decided to leave the show too, on the one hand, the producers probably sighed in relief, they could give Mike & Rachel a happy ending.

Yet, I also wonder :scratchin if they didn't think the whole series was going to end this season anyway with both lead actors contracts up. But, probably the USA Network though they could still cash in on people tuning in just to watch the series Meghan was on, and get them hooked om the reruns. So they are continuing with a Season 8.

I was really disappointed too, with how they resolved getting rid of two major characters. It was so FAST. :teleport:

And not even clear. I mean he went to jail and was still part of the story, when he went to work at the clinic he was still part of the story, Jessica despite being fired and moving to a new city still features. So why would we think just because Mike and Racheal are doing this new thing that means we won’t follow their story. Especially when nothing was made of it.

A little FYI: "Mike", actor Patrick J. Adams, is married to actress, Troian Bellisario. Her father is famous producer, Donald P. Bellisario, of Bellisarius Productions. He created: Magnum, P.I.. NCIS, JAG, Quantum Leap, Battlestar Gallactica. I doubt that very many people say that Patrick is a career climber, who married Troian to further his career.

I think like many things it depends on the circumstances that surround it.
In Meghan’s case there are several people who have said that she uses people then drops them, and the fact that she has no friends even family from 4 years ago seems to support that.

I think like many things it depends on the circumstances that surround it.
In Meghan’s case there are several people who have said that she uses people then drops them, and the fact that she has no friends even family from 4 years ago seems to support that.

Who are these people? Who did she use and drop, and how did she use them? I don't see how her family issues support that, family is complicated, especially when divorce is involved. As far as friends, not everyone keeps in touch with high school and college friends. She had been living in Toronto for quote some time. People lose touch. And her friends from the TV show were there.

Who are these people? Who did she use and drop, and how did she use them? I don't see how her family issues support that, family is complicated, especially when divorce is involved. As far as friends, not everyone keeps in touch with high school and college friends. She had been living in Toronto for quote some time. People lose touch. And her friends from the TV show were there.
Were the people that play Mike and Donna there? I only saw the people that play Harvey, Jessica and Lewis. (Sorry I don’t know any of these actor’s actual names. :blush: )

I love this so much. That's my kind of Cinderella story. Shelter dogs are the best!

I don't know, I'm not sure about the dog. I can't put my finger on it but there's just something off there. He just doesn't seem genuine, more like a social climber. I mean look at him in that car, it doesn't look like he's really enjoying the ride, just knows cameras are on him and trying to get the Queen to like him. He must know the Queen likes dogs so he knew she was his in.

I don't know, I'm not sure about the dog. I can't put my finger on it but there's just something off there. He just doesn't seem genuine, more like a social climber. I mean look at him in that car, it doesn't look like he's really enjoying the ride, just knows cameras are on him and trying to get the Queen to like him. He must know the Queen likes dogs so he knew she was his in.

Probably been working his game since puppyhood. Just waiting for the opportunity. Can't believe it took so long for others to see the truth right in front of their eyes.

Probably been working his game since puppyhood. Just waiting for the opportunity. Can't believe it took so long for others to see the truth right in front of their eyes.
His lack of family and friends support this theory.

Oh, for crying out loud. I'm NOT being negative, and I'm CERTAINLY not slamming her for being an ambitious and driven woman. I'm impressed, actually, that by age 36 she got where she so obviously wanted to be.

Look, I think she admired Princess Diana and was interested in the British monarchy; nothing evil about that, I'm interested in the British monarchy as well. It's one of the longest-surviving monarchies in the world, in one of the longest-surviving nation-states in the world, and has had a huge influence on world affairs over the centuries.

I do NOT think that she plotted from childhood to marry one of the Wales' sons. I do think that she decided in childhood that she was going to BE SOMEBODY or die trying. I also think that she realized fairly early in adulthood that there are certain available paths to positions of influence, and that some of them are more direct than others. Marrying into aristocratic circles is one of the most direct paths that exists. Marrying for money and/or status isn't an evil thing to do as long as both parties have their eyes open, and especially isn't thought to be so by aristocrats; they have been marrying for money and influence since the beginning of civilization, and men do it just as often as women. (FWIW, my own great-grandfather did it. Not aristocrats in any sense, but my GGM was the heiress to a nice spread of excellent farming land. My GGF changed his name when he married her, because that was one of his new FIL's conditions for approving the marriage.)

I think that after her experience in a very exclusive Los Angeles high school, Meghan Markle deliberately made it a point to seek out and befriend people who were influential, and especially those who had ties to avenues of international influence, not necessarily to marry into it, though she would have to be an idiot not to realize that that was something that would help her reach her goals (and as I said, whatever else the lady may be, she's no idiot.) You are right, I don't know her, but I can recognize a pattern when I see one, and I see one. Want to talk odds? What are the odds that her new best friend in her newly adopted country would be the DIL of the former PM of that country, and one of the wealthiest heiresses in the country, to boot? It stretches credulity to believe that was an accident of fate. She made that happen.

FTR, I don't think this is about money; she's a social climber right enough, but I've seen nothing to indicate that she's any kind of gold-digger. I believe that her goal was to become internationally influential, and she's achieved it. Does she love Harry? I don't know if she does or not (because I don't know her after all), but she says that she does, and her drive to become a person of influence certainly played some role in putting her into his sphere. I think that having met him, she probably felt that she had a solid shot at a relationship with him, and hedged her bets by changing her life in ways that ensured that she would be accepted in his world.

(And for those who doubt the influence of a lighting director, remember that one of her first industry jobs was as a game-show "suitcase girl". That's the kind of job that a successful lighting director would certainly be able to swing for his pretty daughter. She got the larger roles on her own, but her father's industry connections certainly would have helped get her in the door on her first small jobs.)
l

Wow, that's a whole lot of conjecture for someone you don't actually know. A whole lot of energy spent on this as well. I don't think I expend this much energy on the love life of people I actually know.

Last edited:

Thread winner! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter