Anyone stayed in Jamaica bldg at CBR? have ???'s

2xcited4wrds

Mouseketeer
Is the walk across the bridge a long one to the food court,etc? It looks so quaint on the map but I also don't want to have a long 10 minute walk over a bridge each time. I can't decide between requesting Marinique or Jamaica as far as location. Especially since I read that Jamaica is first bus stop. Any input would be appreciated!:)

I've never stayed at CBR, but am thinking about it for my trip this summer. I visited back in February to scope out the resort and decide which section we wanted to stay in. We liked Jamaica best. It's in my opinion the prettiest looking village at CBR, and it just seems so quiet over there removed from OPR. It is a walk from Jamaica, probably 5-10 minutes depend on how fast you walk, and it really is a beautiful walk.

It is a walk, but not a horrible one... Jamaica is the area I request every time we stay there. My wife and I stayed there on our honeymoon so we have a tradition of visiting once a year. Now here's the funny part... I am a die hard Yatch/beach club fan and this is where we normally stay. But my wife insists on staying at CBR like I said earlier. She told me just now that the walk across the bridge is her most enjoyable and romantic memory and her main reason for wanting to return! Well I have babbled on now, but again the walk is not horrible it is nice!

:p We have stayed in the 4500 Section of Jamaica 3 times. We always request this section. It is maybe a 3-5 minute walk across the bridge but if you have kids they'll love it. Best of all your'e close to everything without the noise. I highly recommend it.

Have a great time!!!!!!

Jamaica is the way to go for family! I suggest you request bldg. #45 because you'll be close to the bridge and just a short walk to the quiet pool. Also, it's the first bus stop to be picked up which means getting a seat and it's the first to be dropped off after leaving the park. If for some reason you want to do an adult thing, I recommend Aruba. Have fun CBR is my favorite, love that Caribbean theme. :D

I personally prefer Martinique with Jamaica my second favorite. I think it depends on if you are bringing kids and what their ages are. My son was very young (1 or 2) the times we stayed at Jamaica and I thought the walk was definitely quite longer to get to Old Port Royale than from Martinique where we were very close to the food court. I think it also depends where you are within Jamaica or Mart. itself. That makes quite a difference too. Either one however is very nice and a whole lot closer than South Trinidad (which however is also nice). It is a great resort.

I never timed it, but is was too long when I was hungry for breakfast, and too, too long on my tired feet by the end of the day. Ren

Jamaica is the way to go. That is where we stay when we are at CBR. We love it. As everyone has already stated, you are the first to be picked up and the first to get off the buses, which is a huge plus! I really enjoy the walk to the main pool and food court. It is not a long walk and it is very enjoyable.
Stay with Jamaica, you will not be disappointed!
Have a great time...........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter