aNYONE EXPERIENCE "GRAND OPENING" GLITCHES WITH LOEW'S HOTELS?

FINFAN

Mom to Tinkbell
W e are cuurently booked for 6/18 at RPR for 5 nights. I have read a couple of posts commenting on the poor service etc. at the other 2 properties...can anyone fill me in as to what the problems were? Our main objective is the FOTL perk and the pool...we can pretty much deal with a slow check in etc. I appreciate any info.
thanks!

I'm in the travel business and I can tell you that EVERY hotel has grand opening glitches. It's just in the nature of things.

I checked into PBH shortly after its "soft" opening. Among the things I noticed were painters and workmen applying finishing touches here and there. Not everything was open yet, and so forth. But the service was excellent, despite the fact that new hires were still being trained.

My guess is that you'll have a good time unless yu go out of your way to find fault. And if the main reason for staying there is FOTL, then you should have no complaints at all.

FOTL rocks!

Thanks Kelly....I guess I just need to roll with it...FOTL is the main reason...but we are looking foreward to enjoying the hotels ammenities as well, like the pool! I also hope the restaurants are up and running since their isn't a food court type arrangement. BTW...I am REALLY enjoying your book...I am starting to get psyched!!!!!:bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :wave:

We were at the HRH the week after it opened..........Oy Vay! LOL The bellman hadn't even been in the part of the hotel where our room was. He/we got lost trying to find it. The hole ordeal was hysterical, though! ;) Even after he saw our room, he said "let's look down here for a while just to make sure it's your room." LOL The toilet needed to be snaked, but they had it fixed within a few minutes. The desk people swore that our room had not been paid for even though it was prepaid thru Hotelkingdom.com. (It ended up being the HRH fault and they did refund our money 2 weeks after we came home)

What made the whole thing worth it was the attitude of the staff. They could not apologize enough for their mistakes, and acted truely sorry that we had encountered so many glitches. Because of their wonder staff, we stayed there again 3 months later and completely enjoyed ourselves again.

As a side note: I really don't hold Loew's in very high reguards anymore. It stems down to the fact that they promise all sorts of things and then do not deliver. The one thing that chaps my hide the most is the cookies, fruit, or wine apon checkin. We have never gotten any of these things even after inquiring where our wine was. The only response we have ever gotten is "We do that?" Grrrrrr............;)

O.K. We switched our trip from 6/18 to 7/4-11. I'm too chicken to be the first...that and I was able to get a refund on our ATA airfare and rebook 2 weeks later. O.K. everyone in June....find those "bugs" and get rid of 'em!

Like Kelly said, every new hotel anywhere is going to have it's share of glitches, this is usually why they offer bargain rates as seasoned travelers often avoid staying until the place is properly "broken in".
You can be sure there will be plenty of trained senior staff there from the other onsite hotels, but many will be new hires and the hotel itself as well as it's policies will be new and less than familiar to all.
On that same note if a person is allergy sensitive to such things as fresh paint or dust I would definately not go there for at least the first month. I was once at a hotel in Paradise Island that had opened 6 days before we arrived and the paint smell was overwhelming in the halls.
:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter