Anyone ever heard of the Universal Inn?

TigrLvsPooh

Travel Channel's Ultimate Disney Fan
DH and I are driving to Orlando from Indiana. We will arrive VERY late at night (about 3am) so we just want a cheap place to sleep before heading over to our Disney Resort the next day.

Has anyone ever seen the Universal Inn?? It's a small hotel near US/IOA. They are offering $35/night!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

The website says it was just closed for a 6 month renovation last fall. Also it's owned by Lexington, which is usually pretty good.

Any info would be greatly appreciated! :) :) :)

I would p.m. Barry Hom...he probably knows!

He's the moderator over on Universal board.

Good luck

Herc

I did PM Barry Hom a few days ago but he has not answered. Maybe he is on vacation??

I checked in my AAA book and it is not mentioned. I think for $35.00 a night and you are checking in at 3:00am, I don't see how you could go wrong. Did you send for a brocher?

I did a google search and found a couple of reviews. Seems like it's OK. Newly remodeled, interior hallways, free breakfast, free shuttle to the parks, etc.

I read in the Orlando Sentinal yesterday that Small Hotels are so strapped the aren't able to pay their taxes and many are considering shutting down,till tourism increases.

So,I would hold two ressies,just in case,the one you have and one with a Major chain!!

P.S. I'll try to find the story to add a link.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter