Anyone else constantly fighting with Post Disney Depression?

TheReal

Earning My Ears
Hi folks

I did a CRP and ever since I find myself fighting with depression. The year at Disney has been the absolutely best I have ever had. And even with the most optimistic forcast of my future I don't ever see myself having such a good life again.

Some of you now might wonder how I could have had such a good time while having to share a room and earning 10$ an hour. And let me tell you, everywhere else I would have hated it. But at Disney it was special. I love Disney and I love theme parks. There is literally nothing else in life that fills me with so much joy. While many fellow CM's had enough after a year I just wanted more and more of it all.

I experienced so many incredible things. Fancy dinners, party's, etc. The first time in my life I found friends that truly are real friends. I've met the love of my life, whit whom I spent so many romantical days in the parks and all over the US. And I could go on for hours. And my job; I loved my work as well. Every day waking up felt like I was in heaven.

Now I'm back home on the other side of our spaceship earth... Still have to spend years on finishing a degree, while barely scraping by. My love of my live is now my Ex, because she lives on another continent. I am just bored all the time and nothing is exciting. And like every second day I cry because I miss Disney so much.

The biggest problem is that I'm constantly toying with the idea of just abandoning everything just to do another CRP. But that would be an incredible stupid idea. Financially, in regards of my degree and because after that year I would just feel awful again. But I still can't get rid of my wish of repeating the CRP.

I just had to get this off my chest. I would have never imagined I would grow so attached to Disney when I started my program. Yet here I am. However, being born in the wrong country, a career with WDW is nothing but a pipe dream for me.

btw. it's been 4 months now since I left Orlando, my personal heaven on earth, as I call it ;(

I completely understand.

I did my DCP in Fall 2016, and I'm aching to go back. It wasn't always magical, and my job was pretty difficult (especially towards the end of my program), but darn if I didn't love my time in Orlando. I have "2nd Program Fever" right now, and it's killing me. My best friend from DISboards, who did his first program with me, is now doing the Summer Alumni program in Disneyland, and now a few of my "real world" friends want me to do a program with them. But I have to wait, because I know I need to finish my degree before I can even entertain the thought of going back down to Orlando :(

It gets really hard some days. I really wish I was back in my apartment at Vista Way right now.

Is it possible for you to join a program and take courses in the US at UCF? You will be near Disney again and student visas are not always hard to get depending on where you call home. I am a US student who participated in 2 DCPs and every day I miss it. The Disney Careers page is in my favorites bar and I look through job openings everyday. This has been my reminder that once I finish my degree I will be back in my favorite place as long as I continue to make the grades to get a position with a PI or full- time position.

No it's not an option for me to study at UCF, as I study law, which is obviously specific to my country, Germany.
And even if I were to study something else, I couldn't afford to study in the US. International students are usually sponsored by their rich parents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts