• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone been to the Pirate's Dinner?

albianne

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if anyone has been to the Pirate's Dinner Theatre that is supposed to be across from Medieval Times? I have not read one review about this new dinner and would love to know what the seating was like plus was the food good and was the show exciting?

This is a brand-new show. I haven't had a chance to go yet, but it looks like it would be fun!

I went to the first public performance of the show with a group of my online pirate pals a couple months ago. The show is fun, particularly if you participate with lots of cheering and "arrr"-ing and such. Same as most of these types of shows, your section is a particular color that corresponds to one of the pirates, who you'll be cherring for all evening. There's a LOT of audience participation, so you may end up getting to play a small part in the show.

The food is pretty bad. At least, that was the overall opinion when I went. Small portions, particularly if you're near the top of the seating. You get a tiny little bit of salad to start. The main course is, if I recall correctly, your choice of either chicken & shrimp or steak & shrimp. Something like that. I had chicken only, since I don't eat shrimp. They were able to accomodate me. However, the chicken was extremely salty, as were the vegetables and the potatoes. Just WAY too much salt for me. The dessert was an apple cobbler thingy with a smidge of ice cream. Not very piratical, but tasty, anyway.

Overall, it was a good time. The cast was fun and the show was lively and entertaining. The sound sytem needed some work, but hopefully they've figured that out by now.

If you like the Medieval Times-style participation shows, you'll enjoy the Pirates Dinner Adventure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter