Anybody have the scrapbox workbox?

Raenstoirm

DIS Veteran
I currently have a separate scrap room with tons of storage and a large drafting table as my work space. However I am currently pregnant with twins, so I have to give up my room to become the nursery.

Anyone have a scrapbox? Can you give me a review and maybe pics? I would be installing it in our den with thick carpet. Can it open well on thick carpet? Does it really have the "unlimited" storage it claims to?

I have one. Mine is on a pretty thick area rug. It does take a bit of effort to open it, but it opens. Although I rarely close it because I'm always in the middle of something.

It is SUPER heavy and a pain the butt to put together. (And the door fell off and I've yet to fix it because just wood glue didn't work, we have to take it apart and lay it on the floor and that means I'd have to take all the totes out!) I have not yet filled it and I'm still trying to figure out the best way to utilize all the compartments and see through pouches.

Also the totes have a place to put a little card in to label what is in them, but it didn't come with any. I've been struggling to find something the right size without cutting out a whole lot of them so I've been using tiny post it notes folded in half.

I don't have any pictures, but I can take some

I don't have a Scrapbox, but I've heard both good and bad about it. I've heard the storage is great, but the build quality isn't the best. You'll likely want to work at a larger table than the one included, too.

If you're a DIY type (or if you're married to one!), you might want to consider making your own version. If you can find an inexpensive used armoire to use as the base (or pick up something Ikea-ish), you can save a ton, too. There are lots of cool ideas on Pinterest. (What a time sink that site is, but there's so many ideas there!)

If you aren't a DIY-er, there are tons of other options for craft storage if you decide not to go with the Scrapbox.

My intended scrap room has become more of a storage space + husband's sometimes work-from-home office, and I don't get to scrap from home at all anymore, unless I take over the dining table! I'd love to find the "right" solution for myself! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter