Anybody have luck with this?

jedspad

Mouseketeer
we have a group of 17 going to Disney in October. Some dining reservations are for all 17 , some for just 12 of us and the other 5 are dining elsewhere. 12 are on dining plan, the other 5 are not. We have very dear friends that had traveled with us in the past but her health would no longer allow it. She passed away about a month or so ago and he is moving back near us. We would like to invite him to travel with us but are not sure about the dining part. Has anyone ever had luck adding 1 to your reservations..several years ago we did but we were going from an odd # to even.. we don’t want him to have to eat alone but I know I would never get the reservations I have again if I cancelled what I have.

Sorry, I don't have an answer for adding 1 to a reservation. But I am curious. We are traveling with a party of 16 in Jan 2019. Can book dining in 2 weeks! What restaurants were you able to book for that size group? I keep trying to call the dining phone number with questions about what restaurants can accommodate us, and can't seem to get an answer!

My guess is that your best bet is for nights when you have an odd number of people on the reservation.

Most tables tend to be rectangles-- so they're perfect for an even number. So changing from 17 to 18 is probably easier than going from 12 to 13.

We did a family reunion in 2014, with 11of us. The whole group ate at Be Our Guest (dinner), Cape May, the Brown Derby, and Tusker House (breakfast)

I would call - we had to add 1 person 2 years ago and was able to do it on most ADRs. A few of them we had to wait and get a party of 1 - yet they sat with us. Have fun - we love going with a large group.

Sorry, I don't have an answer for adding 1 to a reservation. But I am curious. We are traveling with a party of 16 in Jan 2019. Can book dining in 2 weeks! What restaurants were you able to book for that size group? I keep trying to call the dining phone number with questions about what restaurants can accommodate us, and can't seem to get an answer!

We once had a party of 16 but often have a party of 12. These are some of the restaurants we got online when we booked large parties

Boma
Biergarten
Marrakesh
Via Napoli
The Wave
ESPN Zone
Chef Mickeys
Hoop Dee Doo
Crystal Palace
Tusker House
Be Our Guest
GF Cafe
50s PT

I know specifically we got Sanaa but I had to call to get it. I hope that helps.

we have a group of 17 going to Disney in October. Some dining reservations are for all 17 , some for just 12 of us and the other 5 are dining elsewhere. 12 are on dining plan, the other 5 are not. We have very dear friends that had traveled with us in the past but her health would no longer allow it. She passed away about a month or so ago and he is moving back near us. We would like to invite him to travel with us but are not sure about the dining part. Has anyone ever had luck adding 1 to your reservations..several years ago we did but we were going from an odd # to even.. we don’t want him to have to eat alone but I know I would never get the reservations I have again if I cancelled what I have.
Hi...we have been going in October with my family of 6 for the past 5 years. I make my adrs early in advance and usually get what I want. It always happens that family and friends want to join closer to the date. One year we ended up being 13 and with much persistence I was able to get everyone at the same time. Many of the restaurants are very good about adding 1 person. Closer to the date there are many cancellations so you may get lucky. You may have to wait a little but you should be able to at least get 2 tables next to each other. That’s very nice of you to invite him to join I would have done the same!!!Good luck!!

If you can't manage to add him to your reservation you can always ask when you're checking in for the reservation. I used to work in Akershus and every now and then a group would ask to add an extra person and it's usually not a problem. With such a large group they'll probably have to put together tables or seat you an a group of tables next to each other anyway. Sometimes they can say that yes it's possible, but it might be a bit of a squeeze as they might have to fit an extra chair at a table that is meant for fewer people.

It all depends on the restaurant at that exact time. Disney won't turn away an extra guest if they can help it. But if they are at capacity they won't be able to say yes. The best thing is to add your guest ahead of time if at all possible. Showing up with an extra is there is always the possibility they can't be seated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!