• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any tips for the week of Thanksgiving?

Kirby

DIS Veteran
We will be there that week and just wanted to know if anyone has any advice.

Be prepared for crowds. And have a water plan,at $2.50 for 8oz,wdw bottled water will mess up any budget. Not to mention the sulfer taste and smell, of even Fl.bottled water.

1. pre-purchase Britta Sports bottles w/filter in cap.
or
2. Buy bottled water at Wal-mart,$5.00 for 2/6pk. of 16oz AquaFina bottled water[this brand is not bottled in Fl.]
or
3.Buy your own favorite bottled water at home and take it to WDW,or ship it to your resort to arrive a day before you do.

Remeber to brush your teeth with bottled water,too! and request no ice in any purchased soft drinks.

Have a Happy Vacation!

If you would like to eat at any sit down places make a PS! In 2000 we saw many people turned away with walk ups.

Avoid MK on Thanksgiving day. We did MGM instead and while it was a bit crowded during the day the park cleared by 4pm and it was like a different park.

Enjoy the Christmas decorations! Try to see Osborne lights at MGM if it starts before you leave.

Have a great trip.

We'll also be there for Thanksgiving! We're doing MK on T-day.( I know it'll be packed) I'm to try to book an Illuminations cruise for that night. We're having dinner at 1900 Park Fare. I'm going to call right at 7:00 tomorrow morning.

How's the weather doing November? Are both Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon open?

I can't wait to see all of the Christmas decorations and do the CP and MVMCP!!

My 10 year old son has no idea about this trip.

I'd like to know too! I tried to do a search on "Thanksgiving" but saw that the search function has been disabled. Can someone answer the all-famous question "How Crowded Is It?" Or maybe point me to some links on the subject?

Our kids will have fall break on Thanksgiving week and it sure would be fun to be at WDW! We've never been this time of year.

We will also be there for Thanksgiving. This will be our first DVC trip. Our home is OKW. We can't wait. We have twins (almost 4 years old boy/girl and they talk about this Disney trip every single day. They are so excited .... we feel sorry that the anticipation is torturing them, but it definitely will be worth it.:) :) :) :)

Take care.
Tammy

Follow the link in my signature. If you have questions after reading my trip report, feel free to send me an email.

Big Tip: Avoid MK on Thanksgiving Day (before 6pm). The park was open late when we were there, but with the cutbacks this year, I don't know how late the park will be open.

does anyone know about when the thanksgiving crowds start? the weekend before? I'm planning a Nov. trip and want to be sure to avoid them!

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter