Any surprises you've kept hidden?

beanteam

Earning My Ears
Even though DH is paying for the cruise :-)lol) I have been secretly planning little surprises for everyone. Is anyone else harboring any secrets?

For example, I have gift baskets for both the girls awaiting us in our stateroom. I managed to obtain a $50 onboard credit (the best surprise for DH--free money:jester: ), and now I just cancelled our rental car and got us a stretch limo from the airport to the Radisson:Pinkbounc I'm not so good about keeping such cool surprises to myself, I'm just bubbling over with happiness to see their faces!

Got a stretch Lincoln Navigator Limo for our ride up to the port from Melbourne for 11 of us--didn't end up keeping it a surprise but you should have seen the faces of everyone at the port!! Priceless!

I only have one for my husband so far. I am terrified of heights - can't do a ferris wheel, but I can do a roller coaster. I guess that's common among those of us that can't stand heights. However, he LOVES heights & is going to parasail on CC. So, I plan on pre-booking his flight & including one for me with him. I really hope they let us go up together - not only for my fear, but also because that'll be the fun of it - doing it together. We love doing everything together & I know he will really appreciate me trying this with him. Actually, I'm looking forward to it.
Also, I always bring romantic things with me on vacation - little paper hearts to spread around, love signs, etc. (up for any suggestions, too!). That's another reason we love to have a verandah!!:eek: :) :smooth:
Have to think up some for my sons yet. I'll keep watching this post. Thanx.:bounce:

Surprised my DH with a rental tux. It was in the room when we got there. Next year I might surprise the DS' with tux's as well.

We are coming up to our fourth cruise, and every year we do a bunch of little things to make the cruise even more special.

There are four families in our group. One night we do an "unbirthday party." Before the cruise we draw names among the group and then on the cruise we give everybody an "unbirthday" present. Since the cruise is the only time during the year our families are all together (4 of us work together, but not in the same location), it's a chance to have a birthday party. Our waiters have been great about this--last year they even did special desserts. We bring a Mad Hatter hat along, and the youngest kid serves as the host. It's a lot of fun.

We do some other stuff as well, but that one was a lot of fun.

I have a long time to wait until our Cruise but I plan to have gift baskets waiting in our room for the kids upon arrival and I've already saved 615.00 in disney dollars that DH has no idea about. Every time I go to the mall, I buy some and keep them in a little secret envelope only I know about :smooth:
This way, we can just apply it to our onboard account.

I AM SOOO GLAD I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE TRYING TO KEEP THINGS TO MYSELF...THE BOYFRIEND IS BASICALLY GOING TO DISNEY B/C I WANT TO GO....HE DOES HIS BEST TO KEEP ME HAPPY :) BUT HE DOESN'T BELIEVE IN DISNEY MAGIC :( SO I FIGURED I HAD TO SHOW HIM...

I'M STARTING WITH A POST CARD FROM MICKEY MOUSE HIMSELF FROM GIFTS OF A LIFE TIME

WE WILL ARRIVE AT THE POLY AND THERE WILL WAIT HIS GUEST OF HONOR BADGE...

I HAVE A LIMO COMING TO TAKE US FROM THE POLY TO PORT CANAVERAL...AND I HAVE GIVEN SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS THAT THE LIMO CO IS TO GO TO THE FRONT DESK AND HAVE OUR ROOM RUNG AND ASK FOR THE BOYFRIEND AND TELL HIM HIS LIMO IS DOWNSTAIRS WAITING...

HE WILL GET TO OUR STATEROOM AND THERE WILL BE A BASKET WAITING THERE WITH ALL OF HIS FAVORITE THINGS FROM HOME...HE IS VERY MUCH A HOME BODY...SO ALL OF HIS FAVORITE MUNCHIES WILL BE THERE FOR HIM WHEN HE GETS THERE...

WE WILL ALSO HAVE A LIMO FROM PORT CANAVERAL TO MCO...

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE LOOK ON HIS FACE!!!

I'VE ALSO PLANNED A SURPRISE PARTY FOR HIS BIRTHDAY THIS YEAR...THERE HAS BEEN LOTS OF PLANNING-I CANT WAIT!!!

I AM SOOOO GLAD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE BUBBLING OVER WITH EXCITEMENT!!!

**if I was at home I'd line up all sorts of smileys bouncing here*

Hi Beanteam,

Been over to our cruise thread lately? The excitement is just about blowing it out of cyberspace!

I should really be packing or something but popped in to catch the ship on the port cam and couldn't resist cruising through the threads.

Have surprises booked for kids bur DH gave me orders NOT to do anything for our anniversary. Me thinks he has something up his sleeve! ;) Which would be nice!

I think CBAGGS and family will also be at the Radisson on Friday night. Not sure who else. Amous and ourselves will be at the Hyatt. See you on board either at the sailaway meet or the "adult" meet in Promenade at 10 pm.

Bought our ribbon yesterday. That was one thing I almost forgot!

Deb

Hi all

Our family is going on the 2003 Halloween cruise. Five teens and mom and dad. My big suprise is that I booked the Walt Disney suite. I am so hoping to keep it a secret until we board. I told my husband and kids we have a cat 6 plus a cat 11. The kids are ready to put mom and dad in the cat 11 and take the cat 6. I told them no way. I am going to try to keep them away from the check in desk so they won't have a clue until we walk into the cabin. I am not sure if this will be possible or not. Does anyone know if I can do the check in all by myself?
Sheryl

Originally posted by DreaminDisney
I have a long time to wait until our Cruise but I plan to have gift baskets waiting in our room for the kids upon arrival and I've already saved 615.00 in disney dollars that DH has no idea about. Every time I go to the mall, I buy some and keep them in a little secret envelope only I know about :smooth:
This way, we can just apply it to our onboard account.

That is exactly what I did! i wanted to do the Anguilla dolphin stingray swim this year and started socking away DD's every chance i could. ( I only make about $70.00 as a PT preschool teacher-didn't want to use any of the household money) I had planned on giving them to DH for our anniversary on 6/29 but had a medical scare and gave them to him thursday. He was so thrilled to see i had amassed $1040.00!. Needless to say we are going on the dolphin swim!:) It felt great to surprise him for once, and the best part is the next day was GREAT medical news...life is good:Pinkbounc

Originally posted by Asheryl
Hi all

Our family is going on the 2003 Halloween cruise. Five teens and mom and dad. My big suprise is that I booked the Walt Disney suite. I am so hoping to keep it a secret until we board. I told my husband and kids we have a cat 6 plus a cat 11. The kids are ready to put mom and dad in the cat 11 and take the cat 6. I told them no way. I am going to try to keep them away from the check in desk so they won't have a clue until we walk into the cabin. I am not sure if this will be possible or not. Does anyone know if I can do the check in all by myself?
Sheryl

Wow Sheryl you get the prize for surprises!! Yes you can do check in yourself, I had DH and DS wait in the boarding line while I went to the counter. You have to show your tickets/id to get into the terminal but then one person can do the check in. Of course with the WD suite you can go to the special concierge check in. Boy am I jelouse! what a GREAT surprise:Pinkbounc

My husband still thinks we have a cat. 10 booked for our 15th anniversary cruise( to save money), but I changed it to a cat. 6 since he loves having a balcony.Now I just have to keep it to myself until fall 2004!!!
i also plan to get baskets for the kids and champagne for us.

Thanks...I got some good ideas so far from this thread. I plan on doing the DD thing now. I also like the tux idea, but how do you know what size to get? I mean suit sizes are different from regular sizes, is it the same size as a suit? I can always check his suits.
The upgrade sounds cool also, but the Walt Suite? I would surprise myself with that one LOL

Keep the surprises coming

Joanna

I ordered the tux thru a service that DCL recommends. They send a brochure with your documents that gives advice for measurements and ordering. Believe me, if I can figure it out, you can. Good luck.
bek029.gif

Originally posted by AnnMorin:
and the best part is the next day was GREAT medical news...life is good

That is good news. Glad to hear it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter