Any rumors on when the new show will open that is replacing La Nouba ?

We'll be there in September and hoping it is running by then but not holding our breath. The work involved in producing a show of that caliber is not easy so I expect it to take some time.

I vaguely recall the fact that the lighting equipment that was in the theatre was fairly old school. Cirque du Soleil will undoubtedly want to completely replace the lighting and sound equipment to more modern versions that are more energy efficient. Stage technology has changed drastically from when La Nouba was first created at the end of the last century.

Broadway has embraced the use of video and projection technology. Given that the source material for the new show is Disney animation, I firmly believe that Cirque du Soleil will want to use video and projection in the new show. If that's true, the theatre will need to be refitted with new technology.

All of that will take time. My guess is that the first inkling of what's to come will be in the form of audition notices.

I vaguely recall the fact that the lighting equipment that was in the theatre was fairly old school. Cirque du Soleil will undoubtedly want to completely replace the lighting and sound equipment to more modern versions that are more energy efficient. Stage technology has changed drastically from when La Nouba was first created at the end of the last century.

Broadway has embraced the use of video and projection technology. Given that the source material for the new show is Disney animation, I firmly believe that Cirque du Soleil will want to use video and projection in the new show. If that's true, the theatre will need to be refitted with new technology.

All of that will take time. My guess is that the first inkling of what's to come will be in the form of audition notices.
I expected a whole overhaul to be needed. I doubt we will see audition notices. My understanding is Cirque holds regular auditions and creates a bank of artists and acts that they can pick from for their various shows as needed. I also believe all artists go through training at the Montreal headquarters before any show. Regardless, it seems like a long process and a lot of work to do before we will see the final result.

I expected a whole overhaul to be needed. I doubt we will see audition notices. My understanding is Cirque holds regular auditions and creates a bank of artists and acts that they can pick from for their various shows as needed. I also believe all artists go through training at the Montreal headquarters before any show. Regardless, it seems like a long process and a lot of work to do before we will see the final result.

I do believe you are correct in stating that Cirque du Soleil does tend to hold open auditions not connected to any new show. But, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that because this show is a collaboration with Disney, I believe there will be auditions specifically for this show. I'm thinking Orlando, Los Angeles, and New York City will all have auditions. Disney will probably want to let current Cast Members have a shot at getting cast. There probably will be slots for musicians, singers, and dancers and some current Cast Members may be qualified to fill those roles.

That's my 2 cents.

Last edited:

I know someone who spoke to a La Nouba performer last Fall. The performer stated that the replacement show would be announced near the end of the year (which later came true) and that they were told that the replacement show was targeted to open in 2019. This is in part due to a number of physical modifications that would be needed to the theater building to accommodate elements of the new show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter