Any romantic ideas?

thatdarncat

Mouseketeer
I am visiting Disney from Spet. 23rd to Sept 29th with my boyfriend. This will be his 2nd time to Disney. His first was when he was 3! I'm looking for romantic things to do around the parks while we're there. What have some of you done to make it even more magical and romantic? We are staying at Pop Century. We can hardly wait!!!

take an early morning or early evening stroll around the lake at Pop Century.

If you can afford it - do one of the firework cruises.

rent a bike at Pop Century and just ride around. $18 for a half hour - these are the survey bikes - have a canvas so you are out of the sun.

you are going to find kids all over the place here - it is great place for kids!!! but I found less here than in All Star.

stay at the parks for the fireworks shows at night. If you aren't going to the parks - go watch the fireworks from the polyn beach - walk around this beach under the torch lights. watch the EWP from here - have a drink.

take a carriage ride - you will have to go to POR or FW or WL for this - but it is a fun thing to do.

at the MK - walk through the rose garden - it is between the entrances to tommorrowland.

do you like to party? then one night be sure to go to PI.

I got my dh a custom scavenger hunt for his birthday via www.giftsofalifetime.com. It was a total surprise and he says it was the best present he has ever, ever received. We did it at the AKL, and I have to agree, it was absolutely amazing and memorable. It was well worth the price in terms of a perfect experience and a totally special memory. They have some sample events at the website and will design something that is perfect for you both, ours was!

I love to tour all of the resorts especially at night. They are all so romantic to look around at night. I also agree with the above threads suggestions but here are a few others:

Go to POR, have dinner, take a carriage ride, take the boat ride to DTD and back, then go sit in the lounge and wait for Bob to start his show (usually plays Wed- through Sat.). His show is free and seats fill up quickly - he starts around 9:30 or 10:00 and he is so much fun to watch. If you not to tired after his show you can walk over to POFQ and check out that resort as well and get dessert (try an order of beignets).

WL is also wonderful. Have dinner and tour the property, make sure you watch for the geyser to go off and take the boat to MK then hop on the monorail and tour those resorts.

Don't forget about the Boardwalk area at night has nightclubs and places to eat and bike rentals.

Go for a game of minigolf or see Cirque DuSoleil.

During an afternoon, you can rent horses at Fort Wilderness and tour the area that way. They also have hay rides for a minimal amount.

Enjoy.

Fort Wilderness also rents golf carts. It's a neat way to spend an afternoon with your sweetheart

One of the most romantic memories I have from our trip in April was walking around the lagoon after Illuminations.

We watched from the American Adventure side, planning to take our time leaving so we didn't have to deal with the crowds.

We loved walking with the torches lit all around the WS.

It was really romantic.

We also enjoyed walking from the GF to the Poly, past the wedding chapel. We watched an outdoor wedding at the poly which was nice too.

Just allow yourself plenty of free time. Rushing takes away from the potential for romance.

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter