Any one done the theatre techie CP??

That all depends on the school. She needs to check with her advisor about the credit. I'm not sure that you can be a techie in the CP. That seems to me that it would be reserved for CM's and Returning CP's. But, I don't know. :confused3

I believe this is what you are referring to: :magnify:

Disney Entertainment Internships

"As a Stage Technician intern, you will find that your role is varied and may include elements that you didn't expect. In a nutshell, we provide the Audio, Lighting, A/V and Stage support for all live entertainment. In practice, this can include sweeping, mopping, and drying wet stages; covering, uncovering and moving tons of stage equipment; installing and then re-coiling miles of cable; hanging, focusing and re-lamping fixtures both indoors and outdoors; inventing, adapting, soldering, and many other tasks that arise during our daily "routine". No matter what your specialty was before you arrived, you will quickly discover that flexibility and adaptability are essential. There also exist opportunities for hands-on experiences with state of the art equipment such as Expression and Whole Hog lighting consoles, Media Matrix distribution systems, and Yamaha mixing consoles. This is a daily show operational type role."

And that is about all I know of this program. But I too am interested in it, and might just go for it one day. Perhaps someone around here knows more? :listen:

My boss was a stage management intern in 2000 (and I'm thinking about doing it myself!) and said that it was a great experience, but I've heard mixed things about the techie one. She definitely can't do it through CP, it's only through the above entertainment internship. I don't know about the credit thing- it would probably be handled as something like "field experience" through her school. Good luck to her!

Haha yeah, my school schedule is down to 2 1/2 days (still 16 credit hrs) so I can ASM at our local "road house," work for an "event production" office on campus (setting up mostly sound, some lights) and work on school shows. Must be a theatre thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter