Any difference between Ralph and Mint Julep Beignets?

We do beignets at home and use the same mix that RB uses. They are always perfection... Haven't done them in a while.. Need to remedy that. Retired the deep fryer.

So, beignets for the main course and double chocolate bread pudding for dessert?:rotfl:

We do beignets at home and use the same mix that RB uses. They are always perfection... Haven't done them in a while.. Need to remedy that. Retired the deep fryer.
How long does the mix stay good? Still have a box or 2 in my pantry, but I'm guessing the expiration date has come and gone. Does it go bad? I was on a diet for a while so no beignets, but I could do them now. I may have to make a World Market run, though. The mix is a lot cheaper there (Cafe du Monde, same as they use and sell at RBs).

Eek! Just checked my pantry and the remaining box of mix has an expiry of Dec 2013 :D

We had RB's beignets this week since I'd heard they were much better than Mint Julep's. First time ever having beignets, and they were delicious.

I’ve never had them from MJ, but did have them at CO and I wasn’t overly impressed with them. So I echo that the Jazz Kitchen ones are much better.

Thanks! Maybe I'll reset my expectations then :) and I bought DH a stroopwafel maker two years ago for Christmas! It was a pain to hunt down but wortht it. They actually come out pretty good! We also have two frozen sticks of banket in our freezer right now, just waiting to be thawed and eaten when we need an indulgence haha

Good to know, thanks! And I should clarify, I do like the Mint Julep beignets! They're light and delicious. They just weren't what I expected when compared to olie bollen but it sounds like I just need throw that comparison out :)

As an "update" had Jazz Kitchen beignets last night and can confirm: way better than Mint Julep's

(still not like olie bollen)

Can you get the Jazz Kitchen beignets as take-out? I thought I read where someone would get them on the way into the parks in the morning, but it looks like they don't open until 11am. Is that right? Also, can you order a large order, or just 5 at a time? We are a family of 6 so I'm wondering how many we'll need to order. I've decided this is a must-do on our trip next week!

The only thing I liked about the Mickey beignets from the MJ bar is the fact that they come with 2 dipping sauces. I don't really remember what they were, but something like a creamy stuff and a jam.
I think only the ones that come from Cafe Orleans come with the sauces. At least, we did not get any dipping sauces the last several times wev

You can buy the same beignet mix at Cost Plus/World Market. It's a lot easier than making your own although probably not as good. I don't know as I've never tried it from scratch.
I have not had any luck making them at home...so for me, buying is much easier! :rotfl:

I've tried the mix (Cafe Du Monde) from the store, but when I follow the instructions, I end up with a sticky mess. Are they supposed to be sticky and not dough-like? Any tips? I'm a pretty decent baker, but beignets have been one of those things I cannot get to come out right!

Can you get the Jazz Kitchen beignets as take-out? I thought I read where someone would get them on the way into the parks in the morning, but it looks like they don't open until 11am. Is that right? Also, can you order a large order, or just 5 at a time? We are a family of 6 so I'm wondering how many we'll need to order. I've decided this is a must-do on our trip next week!
You can get them to go- they have an "Express" area that opens at 8AM that serves beignets and other breakfast items. The beignets come in orders of 4, 6, and 10.

Official site page for Express: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/di...district/ralph-brennans-jazz-kitchen-express/

I've tried the mix (Cafe Du Monde) from the store, but when I follow the instructions, I end up with a sticky mess. Are they supposed to be sticky and not dough-like? Any tips? I'm a pretty decent baker, but beignets have been one of those things I cannot get to come out right!
Are you deep-frying?

You can get them to go- they have an "Express" area that opens at 8AM that serves beignets and other breakfast items. The beignets come in orders of 4, 6, and 10.

Official site page for Express: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/di...district/ralph-brennans-jazz-kitchen-express/
Thanks! Apparently I'm a little oblivious and didn't look hard enough. I've gone to the Disney dining page a couple times to look at the menu for the Jazz Kitchen. I never saw the Jazz Kitchen Express right below! That is what I needed.

Are you deep-frying?
I did, but prior to that I had a lot of problems with the dough. The instructions said to roll out the dough, but my dough was so sticky there was no way it was going to roll out. Does it need to sit overnight to firm up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts