• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another wonderful Trip with Ton's of nonsense to report to the DIS Nation!

bom_noite

<font color=blue>DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006:
My favorite time of the year is writing my Trip Report! I usually post them on the DVC Trip Report thread - but I have very little DVC stuff to report! On to my ramblings - and - most of it actually happened!

• Our favorite pastime is observing and discussing the resort guards. We like to mimic them and create Pet-Names for some of the more surley ones. I always move our paper parking credential thingy to the middle of the dash-board – if you don’t you can see the reflection in the window and it distracts me while driving.
    • Anyways, one guard said “Sir, you are not allowed to have your Paper Parking Thingy there – it must in front of you!”
    • I said – “I don’t want it there I want it thar (pointing to the middle)”.
    • He said “Thar is not allowed it cannot be thar it must be there!”
    • I said “thar seems to be an acceptable place and is in conformance with our contractual details.”
    • I added: “When I go to park at a Park the attendant may be on the right or on the left. Thus, I would argue Thar seems to make more sense then there in certain situations?”
    • This befuddled him a bit he finally recovered and said – “Sir, can I ask you to put it there and not thar? Please respect my Authorti.”
    • I acquiesced finally and moved it from thar to there. The next day Park parking attendants were giving me evil stares.
  • Speaking of guards - we decided to head over to Art of Animation as we had never been to the resort! I show the guard my licence (and he saw my Paper Parking Pass Thingy in the "There" Position). He asked if he could help and........
    • I mentioned we just wanted to look around and would most likely have lunch!
    • He said - "Fantastic - parking is to the right." He go's on to say. "If you do decide to stay with us for lunch"............
      • "Can I recommend the Caprese Sandwich? That has fresh tomato's with a hint of Balsamic Vinegar, Basel and Mozzarella on a fresh Ciabatta bun! He add's:
      • "I would also suggest the Mongolian Beef Stir Fry or try the Buffalo Style Turkey sandwich which is a personal favorite of mine! That comes with Blue Cheese, Arugula all on Multi-grain bread!
      • "Ok - you folks have a wonderful afternoon here at Disney's Art of Animation resort! We hope you enjoy it and also hope you may stay with us on a future visit!"
    • Five of us were utterly speechless for 10 minutes.
Note to All: While I have been known to take some journalistic liberties on my Trip Reports - even I could not make that up!
  • If you have read my past reports I have built a Soaring ride in my basement and extended my Chimney to build a Tower of Terror ride. This year’s inspiration is the 7 Dwarf's mine train! This will certainly be my most ambitious as I have to somehow avoid disrupting my wife’s tomato crop. Hi Ho, Hi Ho..............
  • A fav of mine has always been the Hall of Presidents: And every time I go I notice something new! This year I saw that James Polk has two different colored socks.
  • We visited the Poly and saw the new shrunken waterfall. One of the Bell Staff members was near me and I said / asked: “Not liking this – do they still have the old materials laying around? My son, his friend and my daughters BF can be here later and we can maybe do some remodeling?” He whispered: “Can you be here at 1:00 AM – I can bring tools and a few friends!”
  • There is this guy who works at the Grand Floridian who looks like the dancing guy from the old Six Flags commercial! Raise your hand if you ever seen him? I am not anti-older folks – I am a AARP Card Carrying member! Now, he was probably saying: “Do you see that guy? Once a year he comes and he reminds me of Jackie Gleason!” I outaaaa……………….
  • Every year we stroll around the stream at the Wilderness Lodge – and every year I want to tell some cast member: “I am a member of the Plumbers Local 419 and I am here to inspect the piping for potential friggets and larintide.”
  • I kick myself now that I should have gone to Saratoga Springs and put $10 on American Pharoah in the Belmont!
  • The fam was walking around the Boardwalk area – and I settled at the Pool Bar at BC/YC. The TV was showing the national spelling bee. A guy sits down next to me and asks "are you watching this? Can we have the channel changed! I asked – “Watching American youth spell words you never heard of is not exciting? Get with it pal!”. He said he would rather watch the Women’s Softball championship. I asked “Softball? Can you tell me the language of origin, are there any other ponounciations? Can you use it in a sentence?” I then mis-spelled Softball and he won and asked the Bartender to switch the channel.
  • A giraffe at the Animal Kingdom Lodge looked at me as if to say: “What you have never seen a Giraffe before?”.
  • There is a Hidden Mickey outside the Animal Kingdom Lodge (outside above the door to the viewing area) which is very difficult to find. A few years back 5 of us were staring up searching for it!. Our staring caused dozens of other strangers looking at the thing and asking what we were looking for! Finally, someone found it and did her best to point it out! She narrowed it down to like a 2 square foot. Now, friends families and strangers are all saying -
    • "Wow - ok that is great I see it"
    • I am standing there befuddled still searching for this mystical Hidden Mickey!
    • Once I did find it I looked away for one second and it took me another 5 minutes to find it again!
    • This year it was the first trip for my Son’s GF and we told her – this is gonna be a toughy!
    • She looked up and in two seconds said “Oh, I see it – that is cool!”.
    • I yell - "What where is it?"
    • The Giraffe then yells over: "Your are not only ugly your blind"
  • Lightning strikes twice this trip to our families’ ultimate joy! About 8 years ago we were travelling home from WDW and found a rest stop vending machine with a Gatorade that was like so close to falling out! We then used $15 to try and select higher bottles to knock what could have been a free one down! Same scenario 8 years later – my son spotted it and said – “Hey everyone look!” We all scrambled for wallets and purses and were on the potential bounty like Piranha! Seven of us sat there huddled around the machine oohing and aawing every failed attempt. Kid’s walking buy telling Dad: “I want to try!”.
And that is about that!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter