Another Wait List Question

TexasChick123

Always Dreaming of Our Next Vacation
DVC Silver
Does anyone know if the WL still disappears from your dashboard once matches since the updated site was implemented? It used to be that it disappeared, and you could call to have them fill it. Does this still occur, or does the WL show in your dashboard now until they fill it? Anyone that has stalked the DVC website to check their WL on the dashboard and had one fill in the last two weeks would be helpful.

I had a waitlist come through today.. MS set up the waitlist over the phone and I saw it on my dashboard.. As soon as it came through they merged it with the nights I already had booked and it showed as 1 reservation..

A matched waitlist doesn't disappear anymore, which I find annoying, because you won't know right away when it comes through. For an upcoming 3 night trip, I booked a BW studio boardwalk view for the 1st and 3rd night, but had to waitlist the 2nd night as there were no available BW studios for that night, even with a different view. My waitlist finally matched two weeks ago (may have matched earlier, but I only found out about it two weeks ago), but it hadn't been manually finalized yet by member services. Since it didn't drop off the dashboard, I had no idea it matched. The only reason I knew it came through was because I had called member services to book a garden/pool view room that had opened for the 2nd night. When she went to book it, she said, "I can book the garden view room, or I could keep you in the same boardwalk view room for all 3 nights if you want". I was confused at first until she explained that my waitlist had filled and she could finalize it for me. So of course I was happy, but I wonder how much time I wasted stalking the booking site for a room for the 2nd night, when my waitlist had already been filled. Had that garden view room not come up, I wouldn't have called in, wouldn't have known the waitlist was filled, and would have continued to keep wasting time stalking.

A matched waitlist doesn't disappear anymore, which I find annoying, because you won't know right away when it comes through. For an upcoming 3 night trip, I booked a BW studio boardwalk view for the 1st and 3rd night, but had to waitlist the 2nd night as there were no available BW studios for that night, even with a different view. My waitlist finally matched two weeks ago (may have matched earlier, but I only found out about it two weeks ago), but it hadn't been manually finalized yet by member services. Since it didn't drop off the dashboard, I had no idea it matched. The only reason I knew it came through was because I had called member services to book a garden/pool view room that had opened for the 2nd night. When she went to book it, she said, "I can book the garden view room, or I could keep you in the same boardwalk view room for all 3 nights if you want". I was confused at first until she explained that my waitlist had filled and she could finalize it for me. So of course I was happy, but I wonder how much time I wasted stalking the booking site for a room for the 2nd night, when my waitlist had already been filled. Had that garden view room not come up, I wouldn't have called in, wouldn't have known the waitlist was filled, and would have continued to keep wasting time stalking.

Thank you for the feedback. This was my fear and is pretty annoying that there’s no way to know if we’ve matched. I think the thing that bothers me is that we may switch resorts because something opens up not knowing that we matched. Had we known, we would’ve stayed at another resort. :(

Thank you for the feedback. This was my fear and is pretty annoying that there’s no way to know if we’ve matched. I think the thing that bothers me is that we may switch resorts because something opens up not knowing that we matched. Had we known, we would’ve stayed at another resort. :(

Ya, I had that problem with my 2nd waitlist for another trip. Was about to book another resort that opened up for all nights of our trip, but due to what happened with my BW waitlist, I didn't just want to switch in case this 2nd waitlist also came in. So I called first to check (it didn't come in, boo), and member services was like "you don't need to call about your waitlist, it will be filled automatically and you'll get an email". Sure I will.... I know from experience that it can take a few weeks for the waitlist to be manually finalized, which was never an issue when I at least knew it had matched because I could see it disappear from the dashboard. Now there's no easy way to know, and in a case like yours, you could potentially miss out on a filled waitlist if you switch resorts. Before you switch, I would definitely call in to check on your waitlist status.

I've got some crow to eat, because I've never been a fan - at all - of waitlists. In fact, I've filled my own about 90% of the time by just stalking the RAT. However, I just booked a super last minute weekend trip for august - wanted standard poly for 2 nights, so I waitlisted. Booked one night poly lake view and one night standard SSR, which combined borrowed 42 points from 2019. My waitlist was 44 - and I did not want to borrow any more than that. Made these reservations 2 days ago, waitlist to expire 30 days out (which gave me like 4 days total, but I figured what the heck), and it matched and filled seamlessly the next day. Somehow, they figured out to cancel both single stays (even though you can only opt to replace one ressie when you set it up) and only borrowed the 2 points. Not a phone call, not a we-have-a-question email... just the welcome home Poly Standard booking email. I was impressed.

I just got some very interesting information from MS. They have the ability to add to the comments of your wait list that you would like your reservation merged if it matches. For example, we have a 2-bedroom savanna view booked at Kidani for 3 nights. The 4th night is currently in a standard 2-bedroom at Kidani with the savanna view wait listed. She told me that she could add to the comments that if the wait list comes through, to merge the reservations rather than having 2 different confirmation numbers. This merging is not automatically done by all CMs. She also said that there are several vacation advisors that are assigned to regularly check and match up the WLs. Even though you will "match", it won't be a completed transaction until the person in MS books the new room for you. This is what happens when my kids are with my MIL on a Saturday morning. I contact MS to inquire about my WL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter